Offline BillyBob

• View Profile
Satellites
« on: January 17, 2014, 02:12:42 PM »
If the earth is flat, then how do satellites work, flat earth weirdos? 

Offline Tintagel

• Full of Tinier Tintagels
    • View Profile
Re: Satellites
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2014, 04:41:42 PM »
Most of the communications attributed to satellites can also be accomplished via towers on the surface.  Many flat earth models also allow for "stratellites" and even satellites, suspended in a circular orbit above earth in the aetheric whirlpool.

I personally believe that satellites exist, and do circle above the earth, but not at the claimed altitudes.

Offline BillyBob

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2014, 06:27:47 PM »
Let me teach you a thing or two.  First of all, satellite dishes are directional.  This is important because it means that they point at the transmitter, which means it is in the sky.

Secondly, satellite transmissions are on a different frequency from radio transmissions.  You can not compare them. 

Offline Tintagel

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2014, 07:04:32 PM »
Let me teach you a thing or two.  First of all, satellite dishes are directional.  This is important because it means that they point at the transmitter, which means it is in the sky.

Secondly, satellite transmissions are on a different frequency from radio transmissions.  You can not compare them.

I'm aware of the way a parabolic dish functions, thanks.  I'm not certain how that has any bearing at all on my point.  Also, if satellites don't transmit radio frequencies, tell me, which part of the electromagnetic spectrum do they transmit in?  UV?  Gamma?  Of course they transmit radio frequencies.

Offline BillyBob

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2014, 07:10:39 PM »
So, then, you agree that satellite dishes point at the transmitters?  Good to know that you agree that the transmissions are coming from outer space. 

Also, I was referring to AM/FM transmissions, which is the normal way that people think of for radio transmissions. 

Offline Tintagel

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2014, 07:22:33 PM »
So, then, you agree that satellite dishes point at the transmitters?  Good to know that you agree that the transmissions are coming from outer space. 

Also, I was referring to AM/FM transmissions, which is the normal way that people think of for radio transmissions.

The radio part of the electromagnetic spectrum encompasses much more than just the AM/FM range.

Offline BillyBob

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2014, 07:25:45 PM »
Yes.  Now, could you please explain how this has anything to do with the shape of the earth?

Offline Tintagel

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2014, 07:33:31 PM »
Yes.  Now, could you please explain how this has anything to do with the shape of the earth?
Nothing.  I'm just letting you know that the frequencies that satellites, stratellites, and local towers use for communication are, in fact, all radio signals, since you seemed a bit misinformed.

Offline BillyBob

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2014, 08:46:42 AM »
The frequency of the transmission does not matter.  The fact that directional antennas point at the sky should be enough for you to agree that the signals are coming from outer space. 

Offline Tintagel

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2014, 12:35:02 PM »
The frequency of the transmission does not matter.  The fact that directional antennas point at the sky should be enough for you to agree that the signals are coming from outer space.

What part if this did you not understand?
I personally believe that satellites exist, and do circle above the earth, but not at the claimed altitudes.

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2014, 08:01:59 PM »
Most of the communications attributed to satellites can also be accomplished via towers on the surface.  Many flat earth models also allow for "stratellites" and even satellites, suspended in a circular orbit above earth in the aetheric whirlpool.

FlawlessLogic here. I would like to point out that you claim to have an "aetheric whirlpool." Could someone please explain to me what that is and what the evidence is for it?

Offline Tintagel

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2014, 09:01:23 PM »

FlawlessLogic here. I would like to point out that you claim to have an "aetheric whirlpool." Could someone please explain to me what that is and what the evidence is for it?

Tausami is more of an authority on aether than I, but essentially...

Aether is rushing upward past the earth, pushed by the UA just as the earth is.  Aether behaves similarly to a fluid as it does this, so as it rushes past earth from underneath, there is an aetherless void created above the earth.  The aether, high above earth, crashes together to fill this void, and in doing so creates a swirling whirlpool above the earth.

In this whirlpool, orbit is theoretically possible.  This model also postulate that the sun and moon float in this whirlpool.

I have done a little work on this model, but I'm not married to one interpretation over another.

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2014, 10:32:41 PM »

Aether is rushing upward past the earth, pushed by the UA just as the earth is.  Aether behaves similarly to a fluid as it does this, so as it rushes past earth from underneath, there is an aetherless void created above the earth.  The aether, high above earth, crashes together to fill this void, and in doing so creates a swirling whirlpool above the earth.

In this whirlpool, orbit is theoretically possible.  This model also postulate that the sun and moon float in this whirlpool.

I have done a little work on this model, but I'm not married to one interpretation over another.

So am I right in thinking of aether as a fluid? If so, the turbulence would also have some vertical components. Also, how would this fit in with the model of Earth with an infinite edge?

Offline Tintagel

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2014, 12:00:41 AM »

So am I right in thinking of aether as a fluid? If so, the turbulence would also have some vertical components. Also, how would this fit in with the model of Earth with an infinite edge?

In most cases, it doesn't.  Generally, infinite plane theorists usually rely instead on the machinations of celestial gears to keep the heavens in motion.

Offline spank86

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2014, 09:28:59 AM »

worth noting that on a flat earth they would point a lot lower for any given distance than on a round earth.

Being as a flat earth wouldn't curve away from their line of sight.

You're probably well aware that the height of the object they point to is also dependent on the distance to the object so assuming the transmitter is on a flat earth and closer than our round earth information tells us then Tintagel's suggestions may have merit.

Offline Tau

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Magistrum Fallaciae
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2014, 12:56:46 AM »

worth noting that on a flat earth they would point a lot lower for any given distance than on a round earth.

Being as a flat earth wouldn't curve away from their line of sight.

You're probably well aware that the height of the object they point to is also dependent on the distance to the object so assuming the transmitter is on a flat earth and closer than our round earth information tells us then Tintagel's suggestions may have merit.

Unless you happen to believe in Electomagnetic Acceleration, of course. But that theory has its own problems, since it fails to conform to the results of the Bedford Level Experiment.
That's how far the horizon is, not how far you can see.

Read the FAQ: http://wiki.tfes.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline spank86

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2014, 01:06:15 AM »
Unless you happen to believe in Electomagnetic Acceleration, of course. But that theory has its own problems, since it fails to conform to the results of the Bedford Level Experiment.
Not something I'm familiar with.

I think we can all agree that the bedford level experiment was not complete, it was an interesting experiment but would require repetition and alteration to be truly scientific and rigorous. That beign so I'm not against things that don't conform with it.

I'll look it up when I'm sober.

Offline Tau

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Magistrum Fallaciae
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2014, 02:09:25 AM »
Not something I'm familiar with.

I think we can all agree that the bedford level experiment was not complete, it was an interesting experiment but would require repetition and alteration to be truly scientific and rigorous. That beign so I'm not against things that don't conform with it.

I'll look it up when I'm sober.

Let's not get into Bedford. Derailment and all that.

You've probably heard of Electromagnetic Acceleration referred to as Bendy Light
That's how far the horizon is, not how far you can see.

Read the FAQ: http://wiki.tfes.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2014, 12:48:25 PM »
Is billybob aware of atmospheric reflection?  Specifically bouncing radio signals off the ionosphere to get round the "curve" of the earth?

Cell towers as well as am/FM radio towers do this quite often.

Therefore, its not impossible that the aetheric whirlpool is causing a similar phenominon.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Rama Set

« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2014, 05:41:02 PM »
On what grounds do you assert that Lord Dave?  Do you have some evidence? 

It seems that Aether should be eminently visible if it can reflect EM waves. Can you provide a link to such observations?