Offline AATW

• View Profile
Why are Sky in on the great globe earth conspiracy? What's their interest in this?
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile

Angle of elevation is above the centre line of the dish.

Please show examples of these TV transmitters which "face North".....

Here's the Kirk O'Shotts transmitter in Central Scotland - which is the North face of it? Nearest the camera? Left? Right?

Here's the Crystal Palace transmitter. Which is North?

=============================
Not Flat. Happy to prove this, if you ask me.

Nearly all flat earthers agree the earth is not a globe.

Nearly?

So says the indoctrinated.

I've been receiving TV in the UK for many years. I know where the TV transmitters are. I know where my local cell masts are. I can look them all up from online sources to confirm what they are.

I've moved between locations, and had to retune analogue and digital terrestrial TVs because of those changes, but whenever it came to installing a satellite system - it always points to that same spot in the sky. 20-odd degrees elevation, and South. Never toward a transmitter or a mast.

Please, please, tell me the source of my 'indoctrination' ....

Satellite dishes point south ... but they don't point up.

The transmitters face north so you always point your receiver dish south. Kind of obvious. Makes it easy to always find a transmitter if the TV companies all point them the same way.
You are wrong, completely wrong.  GPS works in the middle of oceans, please give details of the, typically 15, transmitters.

Offline Dr David Thork

• https://onlyfans.com/thork
    • View Profile
Those aren't dish transmitters for your 'satellite' dish.

I think at this stage you have strayed some way from the OP. We've been through space tourism, spacex, balloons, TV dishes, now ocean navigation ... you are going to keep moving the goal posts ad finitum.

« Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 05:30:45 PM by Baby Thork »
Rate this post.      👍 6     👎 1

I think at this stage you have strayed some way from the OP. We've been through space tourism, spacex, balloons, TV dishes, now ocean navigation ... you are going to keep moving the goal posts ad finitum.
The picture is a point to point microwave link.  Please provide a link to GPS documentation.

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
After 3 pages, I'm done giving you links. How about you do a little research on your own? Spoon feeding is for babies.

After 3 pages, I'm done giving you links. How about you do a little research on your own? Spoon feeding is for babies.
There is plenty of information on satellite communication and GPS.  Why do you ignore it??

Tv dishes point to a location above the equator.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 05:48:03 PM by inquisitive »

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile

Those are actual TV transmitters in the UK. I didn't say they were broadcasting satellite TV. You're the one claiming that all satellite TV transmitters point North, I'm showing you what TV transmitters look like, without any compass orientation. 

Can you provide a specific verifiable instance of a TV transmitter in the UK with a Northerly orientation? 

Nearly?

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
After 3 pages, I'm done giving you links. How about you do a little research on your own?

... but you're not linking to anything which supports your case. You say all sat transmitters in the UK point North, and back this with a single microwave link, which may even be a receiver, not a transmitter, and provide NO indication of its orientation or location .....

To others, all you're doing is indulging in idle speculation.

Nearly?

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
You'll be unsurprised to learn I've done a thread on TV transmissions before. It ran for 30 odd pages. I did one on GPS before ... in fact I did many. I know your objections, I know the sources I'll have to dig up again ... and I don't want to. I joined this thread because it was about the end of TFES due to space tourism. You no longer want to talk about that and I have lost interest.

This thread is destined to talk about skywaves, the ionoplane, the temperatures in the exoplane, it could run for another 30 pages. Just search the forum for my thoughts.

You'll be unsurprised to learn I've done a thread on TV transmissions before. It ran for 30 odd pages. I did one on GPS before ... in fact I did many. I know your objections, I know the sources I'll have to dig up again ... and I don't want to. I joined this thread because it was about the end of TFES due to space tourism. You no longer want to talk about that and I have lost interest.

This thread is destined to talk about skywaves, the ionoplane, the temperatures in the exoplane, it could run for another 30 pages. Just search the forum for my thoughts.
Is it better we all agree how clever you are to prove that satellites do not exist and the bits of metal on the sides of houses don't receive from the sky, but some unidentified other transmitter that even the broadcasters do not know about?

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile

I'm just following on from what you said at #13 and #23. i.e.  space is fake, and SpaceX payloads get to their destinations using balloons... so I think you led the thread here.

Nearly?

Offline Ratboy

• View Profile
1) It seems that once again, the Flat Earth proposals work well for someone sitting in their basement using deductive reasoning to dream up ways things could work on a Flat Earth.  If someone traveled to say Fiji and wondered if satellites were fake, they should be quickly corrected.  And they would see the sun circle the south pole not the north.
2) One thing I noticed when traveling was how satellite dishes point straight up (more or less) near the equator compared to the ones I often see that point almost horizontally (in the far north).  It is stupid to put all these satellites directly above the equator unless there was a damn good reason for that.
3) Anyone old enough to remember what it was like before the internet knows how expensive satellite uplinks are.  If you ever played any interactive games before the internet, the link was typically about $1000 a month.  If this was just a conspiracy and the satellite uplink was not actually that, some entrepreneur would have undercut that price, unless the cost really did relate to satellites.  Capitalists do not forego making money just to perpetuate conspiracies.
4) If telecommunications companies are now in on the conspiracy, I think the number of people in on the conspiracy must be getting to be the majority.  If more people know the truth than the number that are being conspired against, I am not sure it counts as a conspiracy anymore.  Only those people sitting in their basements are being fooled, and they probably don't have as much money as those working within the system anyway.
5) If the sun at 3000 miles cannot cover the planet with light all the time, a few TV towers nowhere near that high would do a particularly bad job.  Especially something like GPS if light bends (so it can light the underside of clouds). If light bends, how can I figure out where I am?
6. I point my antenna almost straight west to the TV tower I get my signal from.  (I use free TV so the conspiracy is not even making money off me for this TV).
7. This is relevant to the OP since all these things mean that if anyone gets out of their basement they will either be stubbornly sticking to a belief that disagrees with what they actually see or they will change their mind. Just like Baby Thork who did not know that correction lines are used to correct for the curvature of the earth when you are subdividing farm land, practical experience is all that is required to end foolish beliefs. Correction lines were required since Thomas Jefferson did not think about that from his basement when he first proposed nice square farms in the Western US.  Thork wanted a reference since he was skeptical that it was even a thing. How do we know what we know? We leave our basements.

BrownRobin

I'm just following on from what you said at #13 and #23. i.e.  space is fake, and SpaceX payloads get to their destinations using balloons... so I think you led the thread here.

Hi Baby Thork,

Do you genuinely believe that space is fake and that Space X got it's payloads up to their destinations via balloons?

Not trying to be difficult, just curious in understanding if this is what you truely think happened VS. a potential hypothesis that you are proposing could have happened.

If this is what you think truely happened, are your fellow Flat Earth believers tracking these via telescopic images or pictures on these ballons carrying the payloads? Do you have pictures to support?

Also, my father used to be a Ham Radio operator about 10 years ago or so and enjoyed the hobby very much; i.e. he enjoyed talking and meeting people all around the world. Do you think he is in on the conspiracy? I don't remember him ducking out of the house late at night to go to secret NASA / US Government agency meetings to ensure that all Ham Radio operators were properly managing the conspiracy.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 06:32:32 PM by BrownRobin »

Offline Ratboy

• View Profile

Hi Baby Thork,

Do you genuinely believe that space is fake and that Space X got it's payloads up to their destinations via balloons?

Not trying to be difficult, just curious in understanding if this is what you truely think happened VS. a potential hypothesis that you are proposing could have happened.

If this is what you think truely happened, are your fellow Flat Earth believers tracking these via telescopic images or pictures on these ballons carrying the payloads? Do you have pictures to support?

Also, my father used to be a Ham Radio operator about 10 years ago or so and enjoyed the hobby very much; i.e. he enjoyed talking and meeting people all around the world. Do you think he is in on the conspiracy? I don't remember him ducking out of the house late at night to go to secret NASA / US Government agency meetings to ensure that all Ham Radio operators were properly managing the conspiracy.

That just adds to the number of people that have to be in on the conspiracy.  Just like the other new thread that mentioned how there is a theory that the rich secretly control the world, this is good until one realizes that almost everyone reading this will belong to the 1% of the world's richest people.  So are you in on that conspiracy?

Offline Ratboy

• View Profile
No one said the launch was fake. Just the bit about being in space. Sure, you can get a rocket really high, but once the words 'orbit' or 'escape velocity' are used, we're into the realms of fantasy.

Where does all the helium go that is released into the atmosphere?  It seems to leave and if there is no escape velocity what is happening there?

Who proved it leaves? Why can't it all be on top of the heavier gases?

Quote from: https://sciencing.com/earths-atmosphere-composition-temperature-19463.html
The outermost atmospheric layer extends to 10,000 kilometers (6,214 miles) above Earth and is mainly hydrogen and helium.

Is the ice wall tall enough to contain helium that is 10,000 kms above the flat earth surface? How else will the air stick around?  When I over fill my beer mug it spills over the side.