Offline beardo

• View Profile
Re: Now Playing (the Video Game Version)
« Reply #240 on: June 29, 2014, 07:56:08 PM »
Banished. I suck at it.
The Mastery.

« Reply #241 on: June 29, 2014, 10:15:28 PM »
Splinter Cell: Blacklist

Ghost of V

« Reply #242 on: July 02, 2014, 05:23:57 AM »
Started playing Diablo III again with some friends, the PS3 version. It seems much better than the PC version in almost all aspects.

« Reply #243 on: July 02, 2014, 05:55:48 AM »
Still shit compared to D2 tho

Ghost of V

« Reply #244 on: July 02, 2014, 07:22:39 AM »
Still shit compared to D2 tho

I agree. Diablo 2 is superior in every regard.

Offline Vongeo

• I don't get it either
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: July 02, 2014, 07:33:45 AM »
Maple syrup was a kind of candy, made from the blood of trees.

Ghost of V

« Reply #246 on: July 02, 2014, 06:17:13 PM »
I'm also playing Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars for PSP on the side. It's easily my favorite Grand Theft Auto game to date. The visual style is extremely enjoyable and I actually prefer it to full on 3D environments. It feels like I'm causing chaos within SimCity. The music is also surprisingly good for .midi instrumental tracks.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 06:24:33 PM by Vauxhall »

Ghost of V

« Reply #247 on: July 06, 2014, 10:50:37 PM »
Beat Chinatown Wars.

I am now playing Breath of Fire III.

« Reply #248 on: July 06, 2014, 10:57:31 PM »
I'm regretting not buying everything in the Steam Summer Sale. I thought I was being smart and rejecting impulsive consumerism, but I was rejecting life. :'(

Offline Crudblud

• A Moist Delectable Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: July 09, 2014, 07:42:38 PM »
Does anyone know the name of a game in which you collect musical notes and drive boats while partying with naked midgets? I seem to remember there is a game involving these things but I have no idea what it's called. I think it's fairly recent, from the past couple of years or so.

Ghost of V

« Reply #250 on: July 09, 2014, 07:46:01 PM »
Does anyone know the name of a game in which you collect musical notes and drive boats while partying with naked midgets? I seem to remember there is a game involving these things but I have no idea what it's called. I think it's fairly recent, from the past couple of years or so.

http://www.reddit.com/r/tipofmytongue

Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: August 04, 2014, 09:22:41 PM »
I'm picturing this discussion as a literal circlejerk, with a semen covered Vauxhall pouting in the middle. Anyway, I'm playing Skyrim again. The Dragonborn expansion, specifically. Isn't it funny that Bethesda's two best expansion packs since Morrowind's release (Shivering Isles and Dragonborn) are both heavily inspired by Morrowind? More supporting evidence for the case that any videogame that isn't Morrowind 2 is a waste of money and time.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 09:36:55 PM by Alexandyr »
Your mom is when your mom and you arent your mom.

Offline Snupes

• Planar Moderator
  • Counting wolves in your paranoiac intervals
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: August 04, 2014, 09:36:45 PM »
I'm picturing this discussion as a literal circlejerk, with a semen covered Vauxhall pouting in the middle.

This is especially hilarious with the context now missing
There are cigarettes in joints. You don't smoke it by itself.

« Reply #253 on: August 04, 2014, 10:31:16 PM »
I was reading this list

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/video-games/12032-25-Top-RPGs-of-the-Last-Five-Years?

and Skyrim turned out to be the number 1 pick. But then again, they've also got Dragon Age 2 on there, so...

Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: August 04, 2014, 10:35:59 PM »
I actually don't have a problem with that. However, I don't think vanilla Skyrim deserves that title, which is a very important and probably controversial caveat.

Offline Snupes

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: August 04, 2014, 10:36:45 PM »
However, I don't think vanilla Skyrim deserves that title, which is a very important and probably controversial caveat.

You are edgy and your opinions are provocative

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #256 on: August 04, 2014, 10:55:43 PM »
However, I don't think vanilla Skyrim deserves that title, which is a very important and probably controversial caveat.

Says the person who can't bring up Skyrim without stressing that she doesn't like it.

Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: August 04, 2014, 10:58:36 PM »
They actually called me The Edge in elementary school for that very reason. A lot of people (usually people who don't know much about the ES community) seem to think that mods just "don't count" when considering the quality of the game, when they are actually integral. Yes, this means consoles get Diet Elder Scrolls Lite, which is a shame. For every ES game since Morrowind, the process has been this: Bethesda tries to make the game, breaks down when they realize once again that they're terrible developers, and tearfully shoves the incomplete or broken game out the door saying "here, you do it." The modding community then dusts it off and says "there, there, Bethesda. You did your best," and makes it all better. It's a pretty unique development model; I can't think of any other developer that operates in the same way, but it works well.

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #258 on: August 04, 2014, 11:49:05 PM »
I think it's less that they're incompetent and more that they're lazy skinflints.  From their perspective, they could spend their time and money fixing up the game, or they could just release it unfinished and let the modders handle it for free.

Offline Snupes

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: August 05, 2014, 12:09:17 AM »

Says the person who can't bring up Skyrim without stressing that she doesn't like it.

I was being silly, "controversial" is such a strong word and I just imagined the world stopping and his opinion causing a schism in humanity. Besides, Skyrim (which, to be honest, I really don't like anymore despite having liked it at one time) is irrelevant to this conversations so u gay