Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
Re: Trump
« Reply #7680 on: December 12, 2020, 09:18:36 PM »
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Rama Set

« Reply #7681 on: December 12, 2020, 09:39:22 PM »
lol no. This suit is ripe since the laws have been enacted and the injury claimed has already occurred. It will become moot on Jan 20th.

What if the state legislators changed their electors, which could technically happen, before they could get to Congress to vote on behalf of that state and cause the damage Texas is alleging? The courts can't rule on something before it occurs or causes damages.

If the legislature can change the electors then the entire complaint is irrelevant.  The legislature will simply correct the issue, and there is no need for SCOTUS to intervene.  Why hasn't the GOP legislatures of PA, MI, GA or WI done that yet, by the way?  Maybe because it isn't as possible as you might imagine?  Turns out that this is part of the safe harbor law.  State congress can not dispute elections certified before the safe harbor date, which every state did.  The only potential dispute could be with WI, who had a law suit ongoing until Trump lost today.  In order for what you are proposing to happen, the Safe Harbor law would have to get tossed to begin with, and then the legislatures would assert their claim of a disputed election, which would no doubt be taken to court and I imagine thrown out on laches.

You'd think a constitutional lawyer would have known that and, ya know, planned properly.

Unless they're just bad at their job. Which is very possible.  Not everyone who has a law degree got high marks in school.

Or there are no precedents or prior cases which can show at which stage the SC considers damages to have occurred to the States in an illegitimate presidential election.

Or the case was doomed to failure by a long list of defects, procedural and meritorious, as has been widely reported.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2020, 09:47:17 PM by Rama Set »

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7682 on: December 12, 2020, 09:46:04 PM »
You'd think a constitutional lawyer would have known that and, ya know, planned properly.

Unless they're just bad at their job. Which is very possible.  Not everyone who has a law degree got high marks in school.

Or there are no precedents or prior cases which can show at which stage the SC considers damages to have occurred to the States in an illegitimate presidential election.
You're assuming it was an illegitimate presidential election.  But I'm willing to bet SCOTUS does not agree.  Otherwise they may have considered damaged to have occurred.

Of course, if you want to go that route, then every democratic state should sue every Republican state for damages incurred as a result of the 2016 election. 
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #7683 on: December 12, 2020, 11:21:40 PM »
per Marc Elias on twitter (@marceelias), as of 14 hours or so ago, the Trump team's tally was, out of 58 cases, 1 barely-significant win, and 57 losses.

Sounds like a lie. List them out ...

As reported at the twitter account above, and linked to at democracydocket.com from that account;

Trump team's 58th loss was 20-cv-1785-BHL in Wisconsin. 12/12/20
Plaintiff's complaint dismissed with prejudice
Plaintiff's motion for injunction denied.

57th was SC denying Texan case.

56th was in Michigan, Application for leave to appeal denied, motion to intervene denied - SC162320, COA 355378, Ct of claims; 2020-000225-MZ

55th was Wisconsion, challenge of election results by Trump team rejected; Milwaukee County Case No 2020CV7092, Dane County Case No 2020CV2514

Pennsylvania, petition for TRO and injunctive relief denied by Judge Leavitt, case 636 M.D. 2020

Wisconsion No.20-cv-1771-pp - case dismissed, plaintiff's motion denied as "moot"

Arizona CV-20-02321-PHX-DJH - defendant's motion to dismiss upheld, all remaining motions denied as moot, later hearing on plaintiff's TRO and Injunction vacated. Court orders that matter is dismissed.

3 days ago, vice.com reported the tally at 50 Trump cases lost. (https://www.vice.com/en/article/k7a74w/trumps-elite-strike-force-has-now-lost-more-than-50-election-challenges)

Michigan SC 162286; petition denied, motions to intervene denied as moot

Nevada Supreme Court, No 82178, appeal against a previous order of the District Court denied. Previous order was 20 OC 00163 1B, motion to dismiss statement of contest was dismissed with prejudice

Do I need to go on? They're all listed by the twitter account holder above, detailed at democracydocket.com, and are listed with a count of all the cases.
=============================
Not Flat. Happy to prove this, if you ask me.

Nearly all flat earthers agree the earth is not a globe.

Nearly?

Offline GreatATuin

• It's turtles all the way down
    • View Profile
« Reply #7685 on: December 13, 2020, 12:16:32 AM »

you guys just read what you want to read

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7686 on: December 13, 2020, 07:35:12 AM »
MAGA crowd chants "destroy the GOP" in Washington, DC

Okay.
So Trumpers will kill everyone not them, not just liberals.  Man, what a group of snowflakes.  They need a safe place.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #7687 on: December 13, 2020, 08:07:42 AM »
To whom it may concern...

Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7688 on: December 13, 2020, 10:16:09 AM »
"destroy the GOP"
I mean, that sounds pretty good. Maybe we can work something out based on common interests?
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7689 on: December 13, 2020, 10:25:52 AM »
"destroy the GOP"
I mean, that sounds pretty good. Maybe we can work something out based on common interests?

It sounds good until you realize that the MAGA party will replace it.

Offline Dr Van Nostrand

• There may be something to this 'Matrix' stuff...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7690 on: December 13, 2020, 03:58:12 PM »
MAGA crowd chants "destroy the GOP" in Washington, DC

I'm Joe Biden and I approved this message.

Lol, this is a great punch line for everything that Trump does. It's going to get a lot of mileage.

I crack myself up.

Round Earther patiently looking for a better deal...

If the world is flat, it means that I have been deceived by a global, multi-generational conspiracy spending trillions of dollars over hundreds of years.
If the world is round, it means that you’re just an idiot who believes stupid crap on the internet.

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #7691 on: December 13, 2020, 04:00:12 PM »
"destroy the GOP"

Let's just let them destroy the GOP a little (the Georgia runoffs) then we can worry about that.
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7692 on: December 13, 2020, 04:13:10 PM »
"destroy the GOP"

Let's just let them destroy the GOP a little (the Georgia runoffs) then we can worry about that.

We really need a centralist, 3rd party.

Rama Set

« Reply #7693 on: December 13, 2020, 05:04:51 PM »
"destroy the GOP"

We really need a centralist, 3rd party.

You already have the democrats.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7694 on: December 14, 2020, 01:08:02 PM »
Today's the day electors vote.

After Today, congress then counts the vote on January 6 and once they are counted and accepted, we are done.

Rama Set

« Reply #7695 on: December 14, 2020, 01:48:04 PM »

After Today, congress then counts the vote on January 6 and once they are counted and accepted, we are done.

If I have learned anything, it is that Trump is relentless in his pursuit of shitty lawsuits.  As long as there are millions in donations to line his pockets, expect him to bitch, moan, complain and incite until Jan. 20th.

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #7696 on: December 14, 2020, 02:13:11 PM »

If I have learned anything, it is that Trump is relentless in his pursuit of shitty lawsuits.  As long as there are millions in donations to line his pockets, expect him to bitch, moan, complain and incite until Jan. 20th.

I'm guessing beyond Jan 20th as well.

Offline Iceman

• where there's smoke there's wires
    • View Profile
« Reply #7697 on: December 14, 2020, 02:45:04 PM »

This whole thing would be way more entertaining if 'incite' wasn't the most important word in there.

Whether he's doing it intentionally or not, his cavalier (or just plain reckless) approach to the press and PR is going to continue to raise tensions, and I can only see it getting worse after the bad news continues to pile up against him.

Offline crutonius

• Just a regular guy. No funny business here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7698 on: December 14, 2020, 04:48:03 PM »

Wrong!  These votes are being delivered over Zoom streams.  Massive fraud!  Trump went from winning by a lot of electoral votes to losing by a little.  There appears to be a massive vote dump which is curiously all for Biden scheduled in about an hour from now!

This is all predetermined!

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #7699 on: December 14, 2020, 05:20:59 PM »

... and apparently, they're having to vote in secret locations because of the Trump-incited threats against them....
Not Flat. Happy to prove this, if you ask me.

Nearly?