Offline AATW

• View Profile
Re: Trump
« Reply #6740 on: November 08, 2020, 09:49:33 PM »
Actually the Wiki is filled with references from people with science degrees.
You mean cherry picked quotes which deliberately misrepresent their views.

The fact is that you guys have presented no qualified source which can rebut the work of these PhD's who are recommending recount or audit to the PA legislature.

OK. Well, Trump's going to have his day in court so let's see how that goes.
I think we both know how it's going to go...
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Rama Set

« Reply #6741 on: November 08, 2020, 09:51:43 PM »
The fact is that you guys have presented no qualified source which can rebut the work of these PhD's who are recommending recount or audit to the PA legislature.

Why would an audit need to be recommended?  PA does audits anyway.

No one here is saying don't recount either.  Go ahead and recount.  Enjoy it.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #6742 on: November 08, 2020, 10:00:36 PM »
Let the guy have his court battles so that the right doesn’t complain for the next 4 years like the left did about Russia collusion. It’s an unneeded distraction and if it can be purged from the public discourse before electoral votes are officially allocated then all the better.

They're going to complain anyway.
The sort of people who believe in this sort of conspiracy theory nonsense aren't going to be placated by a court decision. They'll just use it as further evidence that "they" are up to something.
What Trump is doing is dangerous. The concession speech is an opportunity for the outgoing President to congratulate his opponent, thank his supporters and be gracious in defeat thus helping to heal any divisions between the two sides.

But Trump can't be gracious. His fragile ego can't stand the thought that he might have lost. So in his mind he didn't lose, he was cheated. And that just inflames the tensions between the two sides. It's dangerous stuff, potentially.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline Iceman

• where there's smoke there's wires
    • View Profile
« Reply #6743 on: November 08, 2020, 10:52:12 PM »
Trumps speech was bullshit, and let's not pretend itll be a quiet transition for Biden.

I recall a fair bit of 'deport that Muslim', 'go back to Kenya', 'hang in there' chants the last time there was a Democrat elected...

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #6744 on: November 09, 2020, 08:11:18 AM »
Trump 0 for 10 so far in his frivolous law suits.

Why doesn’t he just do the honourable thing? I mean, I know the answer to that but surely someone should have a word with him and tell him it’s over.
If he really loves America as much as he claims then they can’t he just concede the point and help heal divisions - ones he helped to create.

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #6745 on: November 09, 2020, 11:29:04 PM »
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/democrats-balked-at-coronavirus-vaccine-under-trump

Why would their attitudes change? All they ever said was that they wanted to make sure the vaccine went through the appropriate clinical trials before being released; I doubt they've changed their minds about that.

Meanwhile approvingly quoting Ben Sasse at the end talking about how dangerous it is to "shamelessly politicize" this; I mean, given that that's the entire point of this article, it comes across as a bit shamelessly hypocritical.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2020, 11:32:47 PM by Roundy »
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6746 on: November 10, 2020, 06:00:58 AM »
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/democrats-balked-at-coronavirus-vaccine-under-trump

Why would their attitudes change? All they ever said was that they wanted to make sure the vaccine went through the appropriate clinical trials before being released; I doubt they've changed their minds about that.

Meanwhile approvingly quoting Ben Sasse at the end talking about how dangerous it is to "shamelessly politicize" this; I mean, given that that's the entire point of this article, it comes across as a bit shamelessly hypocritical.

If its one thing Fox has learned this last 4 years, its that they can be as hypocritical as they want and their viewers won't notice or care.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #6747 on: November 10, 2020, 10:53:55 PM »
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/11/09/aoc-cancel-worked-for-trump-435293

Quote from: some clueless unnamed White House blowhard
...the idea that a sitting member of Congress wants to purge from society and ostracize us should scare the American people.

I'm not disagreeing, really. Imagine how terrifying it's been for us the last four years constantly hearing that kind of rhetoric from the President!
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6748 on: November 10, 2020, 10:59:40 PM »
Here's how Trump can still win

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6749 on: November 10, 2020, 11:07:52 PM »

Yep.

https://thegoptimes.com/chair-of-the-federal-election-commission-drops-bombshell-announcement/

The top boss of all the election officials, Trey Trainor, confirms that in his professional opinion, this election is “illegitimate.”

Trey Trainor who serves as chairman for the Federal Election Commission is personally convinced that, from what he’s seen in Pennsylvania, and reports he’s been getting from elsewhere in the country, this election is illegitimate.

He dropped a bombshell on the liberal network news media during an appearance at Newsmax when he made the announcement that he believes “that there is voter fraud taking place in these places.”

« Last Edit: November 10, 2020, 11:15:17 PM by Tom Bishop »

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6750 on: November 10, 2020, 11:10:48 PM »
By having his supporters rise up and kill/capture any democrat so the "fake" biden votes can be thrown out when the democrats are executed for treason.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #6751 on: November 10, 2020, 11:13:50 PM »

Yep.

https://thegoptimes.com/chair-of-the-federal-election-commission-drops-bombshell-announcement/

"The top boss of all the election officials, Trey Trainor, confirms that in his professional opinion, this election is 'illegitimate.'"

Considering that he's an unabashed Trump fanboy who was appointed for this very reason, this isn't surprising; thank the Lord it's not up to him!

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6752 on: November 10, 2020, 11:16:58 PM »

Yep.

"The top boss of all the election officials, Trey Trainor, confirms that in his professional opinion, this election is 'illegitimate.'"

"Hi, I'm a man who was hired by Donald Trump and will now say my opinion that has no evidence backing it that coincidentally matches what my boss says."

Really Tom.  Next you'll be telling us that NASA is trustworthy. 

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6753 on: November 10, 2020, 11:20:21 PM »
Nope. That's like saying that the opinions or rulings of the Supreme Court are invalid because DT appointed three of them. That's not how it works.

He's the FEC Chair, which means this is a bad thing for you.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2020, 11:41:12 PM by Tom Bishop »

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #6754 on: November 10, 2020, 11:24:06 PM »
Nope. That's like saying that the opinions or rulings of the Supreme Court are invalid because DT appointed three of them. That's not how it works.

The FEC oversees financing of presidential elections; his opinion is irrelevant to how this plays out, regardless of who appointed him.

But keep chasing that Chimera, Tom, lol.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6755 on: November 10, 2020, 11:38:32 PM »

The FEC oversees financing of presidential elections; his opinion is irrelevant to how this plays out, regardless of who appointed him.

What? No one said that he was a judge making court decisions on this. The Chair of the FEC announcing that he suspects voter fraud is not a good thing for you. It's a bad thing.

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #6756 on: November 10, 2020, 11:53:27 PM »

What? No one said that he was a judge making court decisions on this. The Chair of the FEC announcing that he suspects voter fraud is not a good thing for you. It's a bad thing.

You can keep thinking that if you want to, but nobody except the Kool-Aid drinkers like yourself will care.

Offline Iceman

• where there's smoke there's wires
    • View Profile
« Reply #6757 on: November 11, 2020, 12:04:18 AM »
Funny how with all the 'rampant voter fraud' out there, that Donnie only wants recounts in a couple states. Surely if it was so pervasive he, and all concerned parties, would want to expunge any and all fraudulent ballots out there... something doesn't quiiiite add up with the red flags they're raising

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6758 on: November 11, 2020, 12:21:15 AM »
You can keep thinking that if you want to, but nobody except the Kool-Aid drinkers like  yourself will care.

You are only thinking about how you feel about this news. This may be a fallacy. You guys may have a severe case of the TDS, but the hundreds of conservative judges and otherwise decision making appointees by the Bush, Bush Sr., and Trump administrations who are following this don't. Elected senators, etc.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2020, 01:07:17 AM by Tom Bishop »

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #6759 on: November 11, 2020, 01:05:29 AM »
www.loser.com

;D

Tom, have you considered that you may have DDS (the irrational belief that everything the Democrats say or do is a malicious lie?) I honestly think that's more likely than me having TDS; after all, I have on some occasions actually come to Trump's defense over things the mainstream media has said, which indicates at least a partial lack of bias; can you point to an instance when you've similarly defended the Democratic Party (or one of its members) against things that Rush/Faux News/Breitbart has said about them?
« Last Edit: November 11, 2020, 01:07:06 AM by Roundy »