Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
Add the Three Pole variants to the FE Maps Page?
« on: May 27, 2021, 06:16:39 PM »
I noticed that in recent years the Flat Earth Maps page has become a source for people to get ideas about possible FE models. People usually link back to this page as a demonstration of possibilities.

We see variants of the Monopole model and the Bi-Polar model. However, this does not complete the range of possibilities. For added completeness, we should consider adding the three pole models. Possibly these two:

https://wiki.tfes.org/The_Anti-Newtonian - The original Flat Earth of the model of the 1800's which had three poles

https://forum.tfes.org/index.php?topic=16443.msg213296#msg213296 - A recent variant of the three pole model created by a poster on the forums, showing one possibility

While certainly not as popular as the one and two pole variants, if people are going to that page to see the possibilities and get ideas, there should be more content there based on possibilities rather than popularity.

As well, we should add in the version of the Bi-Polar model that is just two circles on top of each other into that section, to illustrate that there are different possible configurations there.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2021, 06:34:16 PM by Tom Bishop »

Offline RonJ

• ACTA NON VERBA
    • View Profile
Re: Add the Three Pole variants to the FE Maps Page?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2021, 06:46:50 PM »
You forgot about the 'Dual Earth' theory  http://dualearththeory.proboards.com/.  There's no limit to the imagination on this site.  The only problem is that they are all just theories that can't be demonstrated to be true in the real world.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2021, 07:23:59 PM by RonJ »
You can lead flat earthers to the curve but you can't make them think!

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2021, 08:12:47 PM »
Three poles now? Well that’s a new one.
Spoiler: We checked. There’s two.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline WTF_Seriously

• Nobody Important
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2021, 08:51:29 PM »

So Tom is actually wanting us to consider that the sailing distance from the Cape of Good Hope to New Zealand may be roughly 7 times the sailing distance from New Zealand to Cape Horn.

In other words, the Indian Ocean is 7 times larger than the Pacific Ocean.

Tom, the Vendée Globe sailors would like to have a word with you.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2021, 09:49:12 PM by WTF_Seriously »
Flat-Earthers seem to have a very low standard of evidence for what they want to believe but an impossibly high standard of evidence for what they don’t want to believe.

Lee McIntyre, Boston University

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2021, 08:59:08 PM »
Ends of an axis; 2.  North/South; 2.  Positive/negative; 2.  On/off; 2.  Matter/vacuum; 2.  Contents of my shorts; 2 (legs). 

Where do we find 3 in nature? 

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2021, 02:11:12 AM »
You forgot about the 'Dual Earth' theory  http://dualearththeory.proboards.com/.  There's no limit to the imagination on this site.  The only problem is that they are all just theories that can't be demonstrated to be true in the real world.

If the surface of the Earth is bending at some point and there are people living on the underside, I wouldn't consider that an FE model, personally, but that's debatable. I would categorize that as an Alt-Earth model and put that in an Alt-Earth section; no offense to the original author of course. And I think the same way about Orlando Furgason's model with the curvy Flat Earth.

So Tom is actually wanting us to consider that the sailing distance from the Cape of Good Hope to New Zealand may be roughly 7 times the sailing distance from New Zealand to Cape Horn.

In other words, the Indian Ocean is 7 times larger than the Pacific Ocean.

Tom, the Vendée Globe sailors would like to have a word with you.

Presumably someone could just adopt same arguments used for the Monopole model for that one, since there are anomalous winds in the particular latitudes that race takes place in. That version of a three pole model is somewhat similar to the classic one.

The point of adding them would really just be to open more options in user creativity more than anything, since people go there to that page to look at variations. There is also a historical component since the first pre-Robotham FE model of the 1800's was a three pole model.

Ends of an axis; 2.  North/South; 2.  Positive/negative; 2.  On/off; 2.  Matter/vacuum; 2.  Contents of my shorts; 2 (legs). 

This man found three poles:

« Last Edit: May 28, 2021, 03:00:25 AM by Tom Bishop »

Offline RonJ

• ACTA NON VERBA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2021, 04:41:59 AM »

No not really.  If you listen to the video the guy did say he thought that the magnet in question was dropped.  What you have was two magnets in the same physical metal bar arranged as N----SN-----S.  Nothing mysterious going on here.  Try it yourself with a couple of small bar magnets and you can get the same results.  I got that education in high school a long time ago.  Now you have it too! 

You can lead flat earthers to the curve but you can't make them think!

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2021, 05:05:33 AM »
If you just have to drop it to get a different result then the two pole limit to every magnetic construct doesn't seem like a strong theory.

Offline Kokorikos

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2021, 05:06:42 AM »

Magnetic poles and geographical poles are two different things and are not related.
One could even argue that geographical poles are somewhat arbitrary in a sphere, but for Earth we define them in relation to the rotation axis as it is the most practical thing to do.

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2021, 08:26:49 AM »
If you just have to drop it to get a different result then the two pole limit to every magnetic construct doesn't seem like a strong theory.

Disregard the word "dropped", its too specific.  The magnet has a flaw in it, either because it was dropped, or because of a manufacturing defect.  The phenomenon is not there just because it is a magnet, but because it is a coherent bar of metal.  (The ferrous material in a magnet is very brittle; ever notice how many chips you get in a well used child's magnet?). 

There is a non-destructive process in engineering called Magnetic Particle Inspection.  A magnetic field is applied to a ferrous component and a fluorescent liquid with iron filings in suspension is applied to the surface.  If there is a break in the continuity of the test-piece then the magnetic field rises to the surface and attracts the fluid, making it visible under uv light.  The process is frequently used in aerospace, and other engineering disciplines, for inspecting thinks like steel engine mounting frames.  Look here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnetic_particle_inspection

What you're actually seeing in the original video is not three poles but four, as the magnet is now, essentially, two magnets end to end. 

Oh; I was amused to notice we've invoked the "anomalous winds" again!! How many times do we have to sail around that buoy?  All your sources say they are consistent, and the only use of the word "anomalous" is in the Wiki's introduction. 

Offline Dr David Thork

• https://onlyfans.com/thork
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2021, 12:15:28 PM »

Land, sea and air
Past, present and future
3 bones in each finger and each toe
3 notes in a major chord
3 leaves on a clover and many other plants
There are 3 primary colours
3 sides on the simplest shape possible - triangle
3 states of matter ... solid, liquid, gas
3 bones in the human ear ... hammer, anvil and stirrup
3 physical dimensions
3 parts to an atom ... proton, neutron, electron, 3 quarks in a neutron, 3 quarks in a proton
3 atoms on a water molecule ... kinda important for life

Kinda trumps the contents of your shorts (legs).
« Last Edit: May 28, 2021, 12:17:15 PM by Toddler Thork »
Rate this post.      👍 6     👎 1

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2021, 12:47:04 PM »

Land, sea and air   Manifesations of the states of matter; see below
Past, present and future   How about past and future?  Is the present just the point of interface?
3 bones in each finger and each toe   Asymmetrical.  2 index digital phalanges per person, etc.  And there are 4 bones in each finger; check your anatomical theory
3 notes in a major chord  Can't comment, as my knowledge of music is not as extensive as yours.
3 leaves on a clover and many other plants   Can't comment, as my knowledge of botany is not as extensive as yours.
There are 3 primary colours   Only in the human-visible spectrum, to create white light.  Primary colours exist beyond what we can directly perceive.
3 sides on the simplest shape possible - triangle  The simplest shape possible is a circle, with infinite sides
3 states of matter ... solid, liquid, gas  And plasma.  4 states of matter.
3 bones in the human ear ... hammer, anvil and stirrup   2 hammers in each head, etc
3 physical dimensions   and time.  4 dimensions
3 parts to an atom ... proton, neutron, electron, 3 quarks in a neutron, 3 quarks in a proton   Can't comment, as my knowledge of nuclear physics is not as extensive as yours. 
3 atoms on a water molecule ... kinda important for life  sort of Correct.  2 atoms of hydrogen.  and one of oxygen.

Kinda trumps the contents of your shorts (legs).
  My shorts contains pairs of many things.  Pockets, for example. 
« Last Edit: May 28, 2021, 12:50:07 PM by DuncanDoenitz »

Offline Dr David Thork

• https://onlyfans.com/thork
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2021, 12:58:14 PM »
Oh .... well we can both play that game

Ends of an axis;  Axis powers were German, Italy and Japan - 3.  North/South/East/West; 4.  Positive/negative/neutral; 3.  On/off; My radio has off and up to 11 - 12.  Matter/antimatter/vacuum; 3.  Contents of my shorts; 2 (legs).  I have an impressive 3rd leg.

Rate this post.      👍 6     👎 1

Offline WTF_Seriously

• Nobody Important
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2021, 12:58:49 PM »

Presumably someone could just adopt same arguments used for the Monopole model for that one, since there are anomalous winds in the particular latitudes that race takes place in. That version of a three pole model is somewhat similar to the classic one.

The point of adding them would really just be to open more options in user creativity more than anything, since people go there to that page to look at variations. There is also a historical component since the first pre-Robotham FE model of the 1800's was a three pole model.

I'll paraphrase something I saw Pete write.  Just because you say something over and over again doesn't make it true.  There's nothing 'anomalous' about the winds in the south.  We know about them and we measure and predict them.  I knew you were going to bring up this worn out untruth like you always do.  In this case, it doesn't hold up.  The navigational route I mentioned is all contained within the same 'anomalous wind' zone.  The winds would affect the route sailed equally through both sections as to make a 7 fold difference in distance absurd.  Please stop with this tact, if makes you look quite foolish.

I get the point of soliciting creativity, but IMO, if the example of 'creativity' is so outlandish as to be laughably stupid it may not be the best example to use.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2021, 01:01:02 PM by WTF_Seriously »
Flat-Earthers seem to have a very low standard of evidence for what they want to believe but an impossibly high standard of evidence for what they don’t want to believe.

Lee McIntyre, Boston University

« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2021, 02:38:27 PM »
Oh .... well we can both play that game

Ends of an axis;  Axis powers were German, Italy and Japan - 3.  North/South/East/West; 4.  Positive/negative/neutral; 3.  On/off; My radio has off and up to 11 - 12.  Matter/antimatter/vacuum; 3.  Contents of my shorts; 2 (legs).  I have an impressive 3rd leg.

Love it.  Crank it up to 11, Thork!