Offline HereForResearch

• I come in peace.
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel.
What should happen to the government?
« on: March 10, 2021, 05:23:01 AM »
Imagine hypothetically there is a large event in which it is revealed the government is hiding flat-earth and there is indisputable evidence accessible to everyone
that it is the truth.

Now, this would obviously be a new age in humanity and change the overall mindset of most people.
My question is, what would happen to the government then?

Continuing with the standard model of the government, that would have been lying to people and have a massive conspiracy, would seem foolish.
Should people create a new model of government? Should there be another model of government like communism? Should there even be a government in the first place?

Basically, what is the best version of the government in the eyes of FEs?
Regards,
James Adrian.

Offline scomato

• View Profile
Re: What should happen to the government?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2021, 07:22:52 PM »
For starters, it wouldn't just be 'the Government'. It would be every country's government, and every academic institution in the world, all the world's airlines, communications companies, logistics companies, space and satellite companies, would be in complete and utter shambles.

Companies like SpaceX would obviously evaporate overnight if it were revealed that space as we know it does not exist.

I wonder what the people currently living at Amundsen–Scott South Pole Station would have to say about it.

I would be curious as to how the Governments of the world went about splitting up territorial claims to Antarctica if it did not exist.

Re: What should happen to the government?
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2021, 10:17:44 PM »
@scomato

This is a common misconception. No conspiracy is required for humanity to be stupid and wrong as it, historically, always is.

@hereforresearch

Imagine hypothetically there is a large event in which it is revealed the government is hiding flat-earth and there is indisputable evidence accessible to everyone
that it is the truth.

Ok.  As a purely hypothetical exercise, no problem.  It is important to recognize that governments can't even hide their own rank incompetence and corruption - so the likelyhood of such a thing would almost certainly be only hypothetical.

It is also important to note, for your research, that the tfes wiki here promotes the view that there is no such conspiracy to hide the shape of the earth conducted by anyone.  I highly recommend giving it a thorough read through, whilst remembering that it is a repository of ideas and not "the source of truth" to anyone (flat earth researcher or otherwise).

Anyway, on to the wild and hypothetical speculation!

Now, this would obviously be a new age in humanity and change the overall mindset of most people.

One would hope, however - one would likely be disappointed. Remember snowden? I do.  Everyone just went back to work like nothing happened, muttering things about how they never needed their freedom or privacy anyhow. "I'm no terrorist/criminal", they said...  Those that would sacrifice liberty for security will soon get what they deserve, neither.  Ben franklin knew that centuries ago.

Continuing with the standard model of the government, that would have been lying to people and have a massive conspiracy, would seem foolish.

Humans are creatures of habit, and old habits die hard.  Foolish and "tradition" are somewhat interchangeable.  We do things because we have done them, and the fact that it is stupid and harms us never got in our way before!

Should people create a new model of government?

Obviously what we have now is only working well for significantly less than 1% of humanity.  Do you think that kind of success rate is something to celebrate and continue?

Understanding what the word government means (its etymology, root and suffix) might help answer/negate a lot of your questions.

Basically, what is the best version of the government in the eyes of FEs?

We seem to have veered out of your hypothetical.  Flat earth researchers have many disparate views on this.  There is no "eyes of FE" - no uniform curriculum, approach or conclusions.  We can each only speak for ourselves, as individuals and (largely) independent researchers.