Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
Re: President Joe Biden
« Reply #640 on: January 25, 2022, 12:16:00 AM »
The idiot Joe Biden thinks that bridges shouldn't have weight restrictions. His idea to solve supply chain issues is to bypass the bridge weight restrictions put in place by the engineers who designed the bridge.

« Last Edit: January 25, 2022, 01:15:19 AM by Tom Bishop »

Rama Set

« Reply #641 on: January 25, 2022, 12:55:45 AM »
Yikes

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #642 on: January 25, 2022, 02:35:32 AM »
The idiot Joe Biden thinks that bridges shouldn't have weight restrictions. His idea to solve supply chain issues is to bypass the bridge weight restrictions put in place by the engineers who designed the bridge.

Cherry-picked and out of context, per usual. He’s referring to this:

Across our country right now, there are 45,000 bridges — 45,000 — that are in poor condition.  We’re seeing photos of some of them behind me in all 50 states.

And I’ve had a chance to see some of them myself as I’ve traveled the country.

I was up in New Hampshire. I visited a bridge where, if it’s not upgraded, weight restrictions could mean that school buses and fire trucks would have to travel an additional 10 miles out of their way to get to the other side of the river to deal with getting to school and/or putting out a fire.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/speeches-remarks/2022/01/14/remarks-by-president-biden-on-the-bipartisan-infrastructure-law-4/

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: January 25, 2022, 04:04:57 AM »
So he thinks that a bridge can be upgraded to have no weight restrictions in the tweet I posted? Sounds pretty idiotic to me.

This what happens when you elect a senile old president who plagiarized coursework in law school, managing to graduate at the bottom of his class.

« Reply #644 on: January 25, 2022, 04:52:48 AM »
So he thinks that a bridge can be upgraded to have no weight restrictions in the tweet I posted? Sounds pretty idiotic to me.

This what happens when you elect a senile old president who plagiarized coursework in law school, managing to graduate at the bottom of his class.

You think you can do better big mouth?

Also your repugnican party appears to be on board with it too

If you actually read things in context you would understand that thd bridges are in a state of severe disrepair and that trucks may be unable to safely use it. So fixing that removes the weight restriction on

FFS he's not claiming the weight holding capacity will be infinite and nobodies trucking across them with a load of neutronium.

It's so that you, an individual driver of your vehicle have no issue driving across the bridge

Who is the senile old man here? Seriously stop embarrassing yourself with own goals

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #645 on: January 25, 2022, 05:03:03 AM »

Apparently, idiocy is reserved for your tweet. Removing/having no weight restrictions for bridges is actually a legitimate thing. From Oregon:

B Street Bridge weight limit removed

B Street Bridge over Gales Creek is no longer weight limited. The Washington County Board of Commissioners approved removing the limit during its regular meeting today (June 1).

In late 2020, Oregon Department of Transportation (ODOT) recommended the weight limit restricting some commercial vehicles from using the bridge. ODOT recently completed a refined load rating analysis which indicated the weight limit is not needed.

WEIGHT LIMIT POSTING REMOVED FROM ROUTE 17 BRIDGE OVER CSX RAILROAD IN SPOTSYLVANIA COUNTY

Structure repaired to carry all vehicle traffic, including heavier emergency response vehicles

FREDERICKSBURG, Va. – The Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) has removed the weight limit posting on the Route 17 (Mills Drive) bridge over the CSX railroad tracks in Spotsylvania County after repairs.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: January 25, 2022, 05:06:37 AM »
lol @ actually arguing that a bridge can have no weight restrictions. Incorrect.

Yeah, poor communication from Joe there, telling us that we just need to remove weight restriction on bridges to solve our supply chain woes.

I would say that it's also pretty funny that the leader of the nation thinks we need to fix bridge capacity when reading reports of empty store shelves and food shortages, but really it's pretty horrific.

I find that it's more likely that Biden is fulfilling his promise he made here of "I've done dumb things and I'll do dumb things again"

« Last Edit: January 25, 2022, 05:28:50 AM by Tom Bishop »

« Reply #647 on: January 25, 2022, 05:12:41 AM »
No. He's not saying 'just remove weight restrictions'. He's backing it up spending billions of dollars in an infrastructure program to repair and upgrade the bridges so if you're a b-double truck hauling goods, you don't need to take a long detour on account of a shitty bridge in disrepair. It apparantly has bipartisan support so maybe there are some repugs worthy of your ire too? Or do you have no objectivity and just bash 'whatever a democrat says because democrat'.

Kinda hilarious for Trump to talk about anyone else lying. That guy was the biggest bullshit artist of them all

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #648 on: January 25, 2022, 05:27:02 AM »
lol @ actually arguing that a bridge can have no weight restrictions. Incorrect.

Is this incorrect:
B Street Bridge weight limit removed

Yeah, poor communication from Joe there, telling us that we just need to remove weight restriction on bridges to solve our supply chain woes.

Is that the only thing he has said in regard to solving supply chain issues? He mentioned other stuff in your tweet alone and overarchingly, mentioned the Bipartisan Infrastructure bill which has a lot more in it about supply chain relief than just bridge weight limits.

I would say that it's also pretty funny that the leader of the nation thinks we need to fix bridge capacity when reading reports of empty store shelves and food shortages, but really it's pretty horrific.

I find that it's more likely that Biden is fulfilling his promise he made here of "I've done dumb things and I'll do dumb things again"

Nice pivot.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: January 25, 2022, 05:32:12 AM »
Its funny how Tom thinks any vehicle can have infinite weight.  As though a semi trailer doesn't have its own weight restriction, which major bridges in excellent condition can accomodate with ease.

Its also telling how Tom doesn't want the Free Market to function but instead wants Joe Biden to force stores and producers to meed demand.... Sounds.... Communist...
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: January 25, 2022, 03:09:35 PM »

Rama Set

« Reply #651 on: January 25, 2022, 03:37:03 PM »
https://www.cnbc.com/2022/01/24/biden-calls-fox-news-reporter-peter-doocy-a-stupid-son-of-a-bitch.html

Lmao what a guy. My opinion of Joe Biden has raised 10 points.

I'd be impressed if I thought he knew the mic was on.

« Reply #652 on: January 25, 2022, 04:50:20 PM »
Legend

Offline crutonius

• Just a regular guy. No funny business here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: January 25, 2022, 04:55:22 PM »
He's just saying what we're all thinking.

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: January 27, 2022, 05:07:48 PM »
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/591590-biden-leading-trump-desantis-by-similar-margins-in-new-poll?amp

It's comforting to see that even with the economy falling apart and Biden's popularity tanking people would still choose him over Tweedledum or Tweedledee in a hypothetical election right now.
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: February 03, 2022, 02:09:14 AM »
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/591590-biden-leading-trump-desantis-by-similar-margins-in-new-poll?amp

It's comforting to see that even with the economy falling apart and Biden's popularity tanking people would still choose him over Tweedledum or Tweedledee in a hypothetical election right now.

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: February 03, 2022, 02:16:27 AM »

Yeah. It's crazy how that works, how Biden can be so unpopular yet poised to pounce on his two most likely opponents if put up against either one of them in an election. Politics can be crazy sometimes. It appears that too many people have picked up on Trump being a grifter and DeSantis being a crazy moron for either one of them to win a general election.
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Online honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: February 03, 2022, 02:48:05 AM »
Yes, I'm sure that the openly conservative Rasmussen Reports conducted a perfectly fair and unbiased survey in a very professional manner and aren't simply telling their conservative audience what they want to hear, especially during a time when conservative audiences have been angrily lashing out at conservative sources that aren't telling them what they want to hear. Remember that time they quoted Stalin and claimed Pence could (and totally should, they heavily implied) overturn the election?

Biden probably is very unpopular in reality, and the way things are going, I don't see him or any other Democrat winning in 2024. But I wouldn't take Rasmussen's word for it.
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: February 03, 2022, 03:04:22 AM »
Yes, I'm sure that the openly conservative Rasmussen Reports conducted a perfectly fair and unbiased

So Rasmussen is out, but you raise no complaint about the liberal media outlet The Hill giving out opposite polling results in the post immediately prior to mine. How blatantly hypocritical and partisan of you.

Rama Set

« Reply #659 on: February 03, 2022, 03:42:32 AM »
Yes, I'm sure that the openly conservative Rasmussen Reports conducted a perfectly fair and unbiased

So Rasmussen is out, but you raise no complaint about the liberal media outlet The Hill giving out opposite polling results in the post immediately prior to mine. How blatantly hypocritical and partisan of you.

You larping as a righteous advocate for intellectual honesty and non-partisan takes is so cute. Instead of complaining why don’t you present evidence that the Hill is inaccurate?