Offline Dr David Thork

• https://onlyfans.com/thork
    • View Profile
Re: Coronavirus Vaccine and You
« Reply #100 on: February 03, 2021, 10:41:06 AM »
there is a kernel of a reasonable point in there.
I would have written colonel ... you know, captain Tom being promoted to colonel and all.
https://www.itv.com/news/anglia/2020-05-19/from-captain-to-colonel-to-sir-tom-a-knighthood-for-100-year-old-charity-champion

That would have been both topical and funny and linked the whole thing together better. People would have read it and attributed an extra 5 IQ points to your online persona.

It should also be mentioned that despite the advice being to stay at home, self isolate and generally behave yourself if you are old and weak, Captain Tom ignored all that advice and took a holiday to Barbados where he promptly caught coronavirus from a black man and then died ... ironically in the hands of the very NHS that raised money for. Karma is on form this week.
Rate this post.      👍 6     👎 1

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 03, 2021, 11:01:41 AM »
there is a kernel of a reasonable point in there.
I would have written colonel ... you know, captain Tom being promoted to colonel and all.
I did consider that joke tbf but decided I'd leave the opportunity to make that joke to someone less popular who needed the points.
No need to thank me.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 04, 2021, 11:48:27 AM »
Now they want to give him a statue outside parliament.  ::)
https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/showbiz-news/amanda-holden-launches-petition-captain-19763295
Or alternatively on a plinth in Trafalgar square
https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/nick-knowles-calls-captain-tom-115323369.html
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9218261/Memorial-Captain-Tom-Matt-Hancock-says-war-hero-place-history-honoured.html

Seemingly a wooden carving

A bronze bust

Artisitic tributes

A life size balloon model

A free holiday to Barbados

A knighthood

A military promotion to Colonel

A national hand clap outside of people's front doors

The lowering of the flag at 10 Downing Street to mark his passing

Private condolence messages from the Queen

Private Condolence messages from the Prime minister

A national out pouring on Twitter
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/13921434/captain-tom-dead-tributes-boris-johnson/

Gracing the cover of all major publications

150,000 birthday cards

A Pride of Britain award

A National Salute award

The Freedom of the city of London

A WWE championship belt ???

A number one hit with Michael Ball

A Guinness world record award for being the oldest person to have a number one hit in the UK

2 Spitfires from the RAF completing 3 laps around his house

A book deal

A train named after him

A lorry sent to his house by the army on his birthday

A tribute from the Royal mail on everyone's letters

A second flypast by the Red Arrows

and a tribute in the London New Year's firework display

Are simply not enough by way of a thank you for a man who walked around his back garden a few times!  >o<

Honestly, this country is filled with imbeciles. They'll be declaring him a saint next.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2021, 12:11:10 PM by Toddler Thork »

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 04, 2021, 03:50:47 PM »
Why are you so mad about this?
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Offline Iceman

• where there's smoke there's wires
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 04, 2021, 03:55:55 PM »
"Screw Sir Tom! Screw the government and the people and businesses and the queen and the media and the military and anyone else who found joy and pride in an old man doing a tiny deed with a modest goal and sparking a sense of hopefulness and national pride and unity during the early days of a declared global pandemic! I held the door for an old lady the other day and I didnt get a medal >:("

~Thork.

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
« Reply #105 on: February 04, 2021, 04:26:07 PM »
Why are you so mad about this?

A number of reasons. 2 days ago the government encouraged the nation to stand outside their front doors clapping for Captain Tom. Some of my neighbours were out there clapping like trained seals. This virtue signalling nonsense is so ugly. The 'look at me, I'm good, I'm clapping' ... it grinds my gears. I want to shout ... "You aren't good. You're a fucking narcissist and you aren't doing this for Captain Tom. You are doing it because you think it improves your social standing.".

It is also another mass hysteria. Like Coronavirus. Everyone is all "Captain Tom is the saviour of the nation. A Legend. The essence of Britishness. A shining example" and I want to shout out ... "All he did was a sponsored walk around his garden, that's it". But no. No amount of praise and worship is enough for this man. Its just so ruddy stupid.

"Screw Sir Tom! Screw the government and the people and businesses and the queen and the media and the military and anyone else who found joy and pride in an old man doing a tiny deed with a modest goal and sparking a sense of hopefulness and national pride and unity during the early days of a declared global pandemic! I held the door for an old lady the other day and I didnt get a medal >:("

~Thork.
You think Captain Tom needs a statue on the fourth plinth in Trafalgar Square? That plinth was built for William IV. A king! And we are going to plonk a pensioner on there because he did a sponsored walk? I'd like you to know historically suggestions for the 4th plinth have been Nelson Mandela, Margaret Thatcher and Queen Elizabeth II. None of them were deemed worthy. But Captain Tom! Well that's different.

The whole thing has nothing to do with Captain Tom. Captain Tom was killed by the NHS. They gave him coronavirus when he went to hospital and he was dead a few days later. It is all about people saying ... "I suggested we give this guy something (something paid for by other people usually). Aren't I good?" This thirst to be recognised as good ... AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! This isn't good. Doing something good is good. Suggesting someone else is good to bathe in their reflected glory is cheap and cynical. I really find it distasteful. It's the exact same and done by the exact same people who speak out on behalf to sexism, racism, social injustice etc. Its never about the cause. It is always about them. They'll change the cause like they change their underwear. What always remains the same is that its them trying to get attention.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2021, 04:28:51 PM by Toddler Thork »

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 04, 2021, 04:54:48 PM »
They'll change the cause like they change their underwear. What always remains the same is that its them trying to get attention.
But being a low rent Katie Hopkins posting awful stuff to get attention is OK, is that right?
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 04, 2021, 05:12:00 PM »
They'll change the cause like they change their underwear. What always remains the same is that its them trying to get attention.
But being a low rent Katie Hopkins posting awful stuff to get attention is OK, is that right?
Saying that the emperor is not wearing any clothes is not 'awful stuff'.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 04, 2021, 05:13:43 PM »

It should also be mentioned that despite the advice being to stay at home, self isolate and generally behave yourself if you are old and weak, Captain Tom ignored all that advice and took a holiday to Barbados where he promptly caught coronavirus from a black man and then died ... ironically in the hands of the very NHS that raised money for. Karma is on form this week.

Rama Set

« Reply #109 on: February 04, 2021, 05:16:03 PM »

Propagating racist and anti-semitic viewpoints is though!

Offline JSS

• Math is math!
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 04, 2021, 05:41:10 PM »
It is also another mass hysteria. Like Coronavirus.

I wasn't aware mass hysteria could kill millions of people.

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 04, 2021, 06:07:09 PM »

It's a shame you can't buy a sense of humour on Amazon.

Propagating racist and anti-semitic viewpoints is though!
I've at least 20,000 posts on this site and the old site ... all labelled Thork accounts. Find me an anti-Semitic post. Of the 4 times I can see I even mentioned the word 'jew' - now 5 times ... once was in a thread about bankers and rich Jewish families - a single post, once now split from its original thread and totally out of context about werewolf, and twice as a throw away remark. It is hardly a pattern of anti-semitic viewpoints is it?

Well its put millions behind in their cancer treatment around the world, upped suicides, reduced the amount of exercise people can take as all the leisure centres/gyms etc are closed, upped the amount of junk food and alcohol being consumed and this is nothing to speak of the damage to education, jobs and the economy. Bunching your knickers over a benign disease is madness.

Offline Dr Van Nostrand

• There may be something to this 'Matrix' stuff...
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 04, 2021, 08:43:09 PM »
Bunching your knickers over a benign disease is madness.

So how deadly would a pandemic have to be before you would support public efforts to mitigate its spread?   If it was an Ebola outbreak, would you cooperate?
Round Earther patiently looking for a better deal...

If the world is flat, it means that I have been deceived by a global, multi-generational conspiracy spending trillions of dollars over hundreds of years.
If the world is round, it means that you’re just an idiot who believes stupid crap on the internet.

Offline JSS

• Math is math!
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 04, 2021, 09:24:29 PM »
Well its put millions behind in their cancer treatment around the world, upped suicides, reduced the amount of exercise people can take as all the leisure centres/gyms etc are closed, upped the amount of junk food and alcohol being consumed and this is nothing to speak of the damage to education, jobs and the economy. Bunching your knickers over a benign disease is madness.

When you have statistics that prove more people died because they ate too much junk food than would have died of COVID had we not taken all these steps, then you can talk.

Remember, the millions of people that died did so even with all our efforts.  Uncontrolled, it could have a hundred million dead. I doubt we had a hundred million suicides.

And countries that took strict measures took LESS damage to their economies than ones that didn't and are now running rampant with the disease.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 04, 2021, 09:43:45 PM »
Have some wisdom, Thork:

"It's my estimation that every man ever got a statue made of him was one kind of sommbitch or another. Ain't about you, Jayne. It's about what they need." -Malcom Renalds (Firefly)

Basically, the people need s hero to rally around.  An idea to celebrate, to boost morale.  That old guy became it.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 04, 2021, 10:11:52 PM »
Bunching your knickers over a benign disease is madness.

So how deadly would a pandemic have to be before you would support public efforts to mitigate its spread?   If it was an Ebola outbreak, would you cooperate?
We didn't lock down for ebola. We didn't lock down for AIDS.

Thork's guide to good governance ....

If you answer yes to any of the following questions, lock the country down. Otherwise, stop bunching your knickers.

1) If you survive the disease does it cause lasting damage such as blindness, deafness, gangrene, brain damage or paralysis?
2) Does it cause birth defects?
3) Does it have a high infant mortality rate?
4) Will it kill more than 5% of the population?
5) Do most sufferers have horrific symptoms such as agony, psychosis or coma?

If you answered No to every single question ... you shouldn't shut the country.

Uncontrolled, it could have a hundred million dead.
Utter poppycock. Find me a citation for a hundred million dead from covid without lockdowns.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 04, 2021, 10:19:24 PM »
We didn't lock down for ebola. We didn't lock down for AIDS.
You don't catch those things if someone coughs on you.
If you had to bum someone to catch Corona there probably wouldn't have been lockdowns (apart from in your mum's house, lolz).
Seriously though, I do think lockdowns were the wrong response because the mortality rate is so low (it's about 1% all told, and if you're under 50 it's about 0%).
But I do think it's a situation which deserved a response, even if I think that the response was all wrong.

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 04, 2021, 10:22:44 PM »
The response was obvious. Shield the weak. Allow them to hide away if they choose to do so ... let everyone else get on with their lives.

Then instead of all that stupid furlough money spent, build 30 field hospitals if you like. Create the finest health response on earth. Focus on care homes and the long term ill. It would have been way cheaper and not ruined so many lives.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 04, 2021, 10:26:28 PM »
The response was obvious. Shield the weak. Allow them to hide away if they choose to do so ... let everyone else get on with their lives.
Basically right.
Although we live in a complicated interconnected society where that's a bit easier said than done.

Offline Dr Van Nostrand

• There may be something to this 'Matrix' stuff...
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 04, 2021, 11:16:44 PM »

4) Will it kill more than 5% of the population?

In America that would be 15 million people.

But I will admit at least Thork has a specific, documented plan with metrics. Light years ahead of Trumps lack of plan.
Round Earther patiently looking for a better deal...

If the world is flat, it means that I have been deceived by a global, multi-generational conspiracy spending trillions of dollars over hundreds of years.
If the world is round, it means that you’re just an idiot who believes stupid crap on the internet.