Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
Re: Experiment proposal
« Reply #80 on: February 24, 2021, 07:23:33 PM »
There seems to be some severe misunderstanding of how GPS works in this thread.
You are mistaken.

If you have an argument to make, make it. There is absolutely no need to post basic videos with no explanation as to why you're posting them.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline scomato

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 24, 2021, 07:33:09 PM »
There seems to be some severe misunderstanding of how GPS works in this thread.
You are mistaken.

If you have an argument to make, make it. There is absolutely no need to post basic videos with no explanation as to why you're posting them.

I just arrived in this thread but I would argue strongly that GPS are not fake, or hoaxed using radio towers. They sit in low earth orbit and use electromagnetic waves to continuously cast information about its current position and time of signal sent to the surface of the Earth. Receivers sensitive to 1575.42 Mhz and 1227.60 MHz (the EM frequencies used by GPS) can read this information, and use trilateration and math to deduce the coordinates of a user.

If people are claiming that our phones send out a signal and communicate with the GPS satellites, that is false. GPS devices can only read and compute. 

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 24, 2021, 07:35:13 PM »
I just arrived in this thread but I would argue strongly that GPS are not fake, or hoaxed using radio towers.
Nobody is proposing that, nor is anyone discussing any properties of GPS (or, more accurately, RTK) other than the fact that it relies on electromagnetism, rather than mechanics. Perhaps it would help for you to read the thread prior to posting in it?

If people are claiming that our phones send out a signal and communicate with the GPS satellites
That's not even remotely what this thread is about. Regicide may have misspoken slightly, but it's absolutely not worth putting any time into which device signals which, and when - the nature of the signal is what matters.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2021, 09:34:00 PM by Pete Svarrior »
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume