I have spent the past few days reading up the flat earth wiki for my high school inquiry.
I need to establish who you guys are, and what you believe. So far I am very impressed with the validity of the website, and am close to becoming a flat earther myself. But first...
-If the world is constantly accelerating upwards, surely our ability to jump will decrease over time, as the earth will catch up faster?
-How come when we jump and our feet hit the ground it doesn't hurt? Surely the earth speeding towards us is enough force to break our legs?
And finally, I would really appreciate any general knowledge about your group. I'm sure my questions are ignorant, and I apologise if I sound stupid; I just want to learn.

Thanks

Offline stack

• View Profile
Re: I am doing an inquiry on the Flat Earth Society for school. Got Questions.
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2020, 08:30:35 PM »
I have spent the past few days reading up the flat earth wiki for my high school inquiry.
I need to establish who you guys are, and what you believe. So far I am very impressed with the validity of the website, and am close to becoming a flat earther myself. But first...
-If the world is constantly accelerating upwards, surely our ability to jump will decrease over time, as the earth will catch up faster?

In my understanding, the earth accelerating upward is at a constant rate. No speeding up.

-How come when we jump and our feet hit the ground it doesn't hurt? Surely the earth speeding towards us is enough force to break our legs?

For the same reason in the gravitational model you speeding toward the ground after a simple jump doesn't break your legs.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
Re: I am doing an inquiry on the Flat Earth Society for school. Got Questions.
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2020, 10:23:02 PM »
While stack clearly didn't get the memo, we don't do people's homework for them. Go away.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume