Posting of videos and lengthy sources
« on: July 05, 2018, 03:25:34 PM »
Am I going to read a 778 page book because you asked? No. This is a debate. Not homework. You tell me which bits are relevant and I will read those. This is like you starting a thread on the existence of God and me insisting you read the bible first.
With the sort of re-branding of the FE upper Fora, is there any chance we could make this into a slightly more formal or standing rule? If someone posts a longer video or a source with large amounts of text, it would be of great help to debating to actually cite what in their source is actually relevant. Just posting a 30 min video might be ok as a starting post, but it doesn't seem helpful or useful as a response post without at least giving timestamps or page numbers to what's relevant to the present discussion.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
Re: Posting of videos and lengthy sources
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2018, 06:19:25 PM »
It's de facto a rule already. We generally consider posting just a link or just a video with no explanation to be low-content posting, with the one exception being the Flat Earth Media board.

In this specific case, it sounds to me like Thork has done the right thing by pointing out that Tumeni's mode of argumentation was unreasonable. Personally I see no reason to action it any further, although I'm completely happy to reconsider if you think I'm missing something.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume