Offline Iceman

• where there's smoke there's wires
    • View Profile
Re: A working map of the Flat Earth
« Reply #80 on: March 02, 2021, 06:24:15 PM »
As an active researcher I work to refine and improve on the consensus view. Thinking of consensus as a fixed body of knowledge is, in itself, a problem. It is in a constant state of evolution as new data and information is added that continually shifts and re-molds it, until such a point when new data is too overwhelming to be added in to the current status quo and it needs to be rebuilt.

Newton stood on the shoulders of giants. Galileo and Copernicus smashed the consensus. Einstein changed our entire worldview. Hutton, Darwin, Agassiz and Wilson changed the way we look at the earth and its inhabitants. We're currently working on standing on their shoulders to improve the understanding they brought about with their complete paradigm shifts.

If an FE map provides a better explanation for observed natural phenomena than the globe model, we would collectively say goodbye to the globe. That's not quite on the horizon just yet though...

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 02, 2021, 09:55:55 PM »
I explained my reasoning for thinking that a map is necessary, so perhaps you could address that?
I tried. That's how we got to the point of you ditching the scientific method in favour of your personal flavour of consensus fanaticism. (This, by the way, beautifully illustrates what RE'ers do all the time. Declare the wonderful and rock-solid consensus, only to immediately ditch it in favour of opinions that clash with it.)

As I said: there is honestly not much more to say about that. A somewhat natural consequence of there not being much left to say is that I won't be able to say much more.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2021, 09:58:02 PM by Pete Svarrior »
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

« Reply #82 on: March 03, 2021, 11:50:48 PM »
There are anomalous winds in the southern hemisphere - https://wiki.tfes.org/Issues_in_Flight_Analysis

If you are going to try to use travel times to show evidence for a particular model, you need to do better than provide information from an area known to be anomalous.

I used road journeys in my example Tom. The wind doesn't affect them. And I didn't say 'times', I said 'distances'. As in: 'what people measure using their car odometers', for example.

We drove from Perth to Darwin, and the distances predicted by google maps, which is based on RE projections, were bang on. Same with Cairns to Melbourne via Sydney.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2021, 02:58:06 AM by stevecanuck »
Devout and strictly adherent Atheist.

Offline JSS

• Math is math!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 04, 2021, 12:21:40 AM »
We drove from Perth to Darwin, and the distances predicted by google maps, which is based on RE projections, was bang on. Same with Cairns to Melbourne via Sydney.

I've driven from coast to coast across the Unites States multiple times.  From Canada to the Pacific  ocean and all the distances were exactly as advertised.  Other countries as well.

I just can't see any evidence that we don't know exactly how big the continents are and what their shape is, and where they are in relation to each other.  We know these things extremely well.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 04, 2021, 12:31:50 AM »
JSS: "I drove all across the US multiple times, so I can verify the distances in miles for all surveying projects are correct"

No wonder people question your integrity.

« Reply #85 on: March 04, 2021, 03:02:24 AM »
We drove from Perth to Darwin, and the distances predicted by google maps, which is based on RE projections, was bang on. Same with Cairns to Melbourne via Sydney.

I've driven from coast to coast across the Unites States multiple times.  From Canada to the Pacific  ocean and all the distances were exactly as advertised.  Other countries as well.

I just can't see any evidence that we don't know exactly how big the continents are and what their shape is, and where they are in relation to each other.  We know these things extremely well.

There are also all the infrastructure items such as cable, rail, roads, and pipelines to consider. The amount/length of material needed is a direct function of how much distance needs to be covered. To not recognize that is beyond unreasonable.
Devout and strictly adherent Atheist.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 04, 2021, 07:05:46 AM »
JSS: "I drove all across the US multiple times, so I can verify the distances in miles for all surveying projects are correct"

Tom: “I have no expertise in surveying, cartography, shipping or aviation but I will claim without basis that any distances which don’t match FE are wrong or unknown”

And that isn’t a straw man, you literally claimed on here that the distance between Paris and New York is “unknown” which must come as a surprise to the pilots who travel the route daily and always find the cities exactly where they expect them to be.

No wonder people question yours...
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline JSS

• Math is math!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 04, 2021, 12:17:23 PM »

You seem to have completely misunderstood what I said, you should read it again more carefully until you understand my point. You sound very confused.

If you would like to provide a counterexample of where you drove a route that should be 1,000 miles and it was off by hundreds of miles, please do so.  I'm sure we would all be very curious to hear where your direct, personal experience of how map distances are wrong from your travels, and we could then verify your claim.

Offline Elyn95

• Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 09, 2021, 08:54:37 PM »
It is perfectly possible for Antarctica, the continent, to exist in a FE model. In fact if you bothered to read the wiki, there are plenty of articles dedicated to precisly the field of research. The South Pole can not exist in a FE model, nor does it need to to sustain its arguements.

Satellite tracking stations could function on a FE model, but have you ever been inside one?

You still haven't given any concrete examples. And given two very unspecific examples you have cited (satellites - there are plenty of reasons these can still work in a FE model, and places that don't exist - can you name one?[])

This is interesting...

What FE model can accurately predict the locations of multiple satellites tracked from multiple stations throughout the Earth? Because the only way to do this is to know where those tracking stations are. And the only way to do that is to have a working map of the flat Earth, which is what this thread has been asking for but no FE supporter is able to provide.

Oh, and the place that FE claim does not exist is Antarctica. Because the South Pole is incompatible with every FE model so the South Pole and the continent around it cannot exist.
The production of too many useless things results in too many useless people.

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 09, 2021, 09:11:20 PM »
It is perfectly possible for Antarctica, the continent, to exist in a FE model. In fact if you bothered to read the wiki, there are plenty of articles dedicated to precisly the field of research.

I have read the wiki. What are these articles you are referring to? I couldn't find them.

The South Pole can not exist in a FE model, nor does it need to to sustain its arguements.

Why can't the South Pole exist?

Offline Elyn95

• Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: March 09, 2021, 10:13:38 PM »

[/quote]

I have read the wiki. What are these articles you are referring to? I couldn't find them.

[/quote]

https://wiki.tfes.org/Antarctica

[/quote]

In a monopole model (the model I personally give most credence to) the south pole does not exist. But yes, if you subscribe to the bi-polar models then you can have two poles, but I see that model as being rather more problematic.

Offline Elyn95

• Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 09, 2021, 10:17:05 PM »

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 10, 2021, 12:10:45 AM »

[/quote]

https://wiki.tfes.org/Antarctica
[/quote]

I've read those two many times. If you consider those two wiki entries as "plenty of articles dedicated to precisly the field of research", then apparently we have a very different definition of "plenty" and "research".

BTW, use the proper code to quote, like this:

It is perfectly possible for Antarctica, the continent, to exist in a FE model. In fact if you bothered to read the wiki, there are plenty of articles dedicated to precisly the field of research.

In a monopole model (the model I personally give most credence to) the south pole does not exist. But yes, if you subscribe to the bi-polar models then you can have two poles, but I see that model as being rather more problematic.
[/quote]

Both are quite problematic, each with their own issues. Issues that are worth working through, I just personally haven't seen any outcomes that mirror navigational reality as well as some other more cosmically related elements.

Offline Iceman

• where there's smoke there's wires
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 10, 2021, 12:29:26 AM »
Also

https://wiki.tfes.org/The_Ice_Wall

This page on the wiki contains insufficient references to be of any real value. The aerial footage is (stolen footage) from a research group that does work across the Antarctic continent. The data that collates all the information on the coastline characteristics is from a review paper that summarizes the state of all science conducted across antarctica, but the wiki article chooses to only include information on the coastline, while ignoring the thousands of line-km of geophysical data, which is inherently trusted, given that the table in the wiki article uses that data (the information on floating vs grounded ice shelf/wall margin).

For the FE view on the ice wall to be true, there needs to be evidence that decades of internationally-led research across myuple disciplines spanning huge areas of the continent has been faked.

See data and refs from my signature links...