Re: flat earth noob
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2016, 06:04:44 PM »
the subliminal in the clouds is sex.nasa and disney working together i think.lol.

Offline model 29

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2016, 06:16:40 PM »
What the heck is "sex.nasa"?

* Nevermind.  Spaces between sentences would make your posts much easier to read.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 06:20:42 PM by model 29 »

« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2016, 06:35:09 PM »
come on seriously you dont think those are real..they are confirmed fakes with repeated cloud formations..a tool used in photoshop does that..and whats that a nice subliminal in the cloud..these are so obviously fake that i can only conclude is that nasa think we are morons or want us to realise there not real..for what reason i wonder..

Here is a good explanation of the repeating clouds

"NASA never claimed that the image was a single unretouched photo of the Earth. The guy from NASA who helped create it explains that there were actually very few pictures of the entire planet in 2002 because earth-observing satellites are in low-earth or geostationary orbit, which are not far enough away to get much of the planet in the field of view. Apollo 17 took a famous photo in 1972 on the way to the Moon, but this one is a higher resolution composite created by stitching together multiple images from NASA’s Terra satellite, then filling in the missing areas to get a sophisticated visualization based on real data and a little bit of artistic license. There was no hoax. No intent to deceive. No claim was made that it is a single unretouched photograph. It is one of a series of "Blue Marble" images from NASA that are free for the public to use."

the subliminal in the clouds is sex.nasa and disney working together i think.lol.

If you look hard enough, you can find stuff "written" in the clouds all the time. Maybe the dude who worked on the photo was having a laugh, but it is probably just a random cloud formation. You are really grasping for straws if you think this is evidence that the image is faked*.

* The person who created the image readily admits that many parts of it are faked. See the link for more details.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 07:02:19 PM by TotesNotReptilian »

« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2016, 06:59:13 PM »
ok forgive me if this is too noobie but is it not proof the earth is a flat plane when balloons are sent up as high as 120,000 feet and theres no curve detected..i just noticed alot of the forum threads are people coming on asking for definitive proof.alot of youtubers doing experiments are finding more proof of a flat motionless earth than a ball spinning and wizzing through space..

I am also a new but I am gonna write my thoughts on this anyway. I think you would have to map the area you are seeing and calculate the size of the area and how far away what you are seeing are from the plane and then calculate how big the curve should be if the earth is round. And then after that decide if what you are seeing can possibly be a ball.  You can calculate the curve by first calculating the angle simply by this formula: angle = 360 degree(all the way round the earth) * distance in km /40,075.017 km.       40,075.017  is full circumference of earth. 

Then you can get the curvature by saying: curvature = 6371 km - 6371 km *cos(angle)

There are probably some trolls or maybe even some genuine people that will claim that these formulas is wrong but the logic behind these two formulas are very intuitive and simple if you draw a circle and a triangle yourself and think it through. 

This isn't quite correct. The horizon does not follow a great circle. Calculating the horizontal curvature of the horizon is not as straight forward as it seems.

« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2016, 02:01:12 PM »
not bothering with this site anymore..to many shills i think..are you telling me that in 2016 when nasa are sending buggies to mars and probes to the edge of our solar system.that they cant be bothered to turn the camera around and take a real full shot of earth..there should be thousands of real earth pics..type in google all you get is composite images..im sorry but i wouldnt even questioning things if nasa wasnt giving us bullshit..

« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2016, 02:57:56 PM »
not bothering with this site anymore..to many shills i think..

Shills? If you are going to accuse someone of being a "shill", you should probably have some evidence to back that accusation up. Disagreeing with you doesn't count as evidence.

are you telling me that in 2016 when nasa are sending buggies to mars and probes to the edge of our solar system.that they cant be bothered to turn the camera around and take a real full shot of earth..there should be thousands of real earth pics..type in google all you get is composite images..im sorry but i wouldnt even questioning things if nasa wasnt giving us bullshit..

First of all, this image was made in 2002, not 2016. We have a ton of full-earth images nowadays. EPIC takes about 20 pictures per day.

Taking a "real full shot of earth" isn't quite as straightforward as you make it seem, and isn't much of a priority for spacecraft meticulously designed to study other planets, moons, asteroids, etc.

« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2016, 03:07:21 PM »
sorry if it seemed i was accusing you personally.i wasnt. just seems to be like alot of people who dont believe in a flat earth on a site called flat earth society..no offence intended..

« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2016, 03:16:23 PM »
sorry if it seemed i was accusing you personally.i wasnt. just seems to be like alot of people who dont believe in a flat earth on a site called flat earth society..no offence intended..

Fair enough. No worries.

I think the number of round earthers on here is just a reflection of the general population. The vast majority of people believe the earth to be round. There just are not very many people who actually believe the earth is flat. So even on a dedicated "Flat Earth Society" forum, the flat earthers tend to get outnumbered.

Offline Rounder

• What in the Sam Hill are you people talking about?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2016, 01:19:05 AM »
are you telling me that in 2016 when nasa are sending buggies to mars and probes to the edge of our solar system.that they cant be bothered to turn the camera around and take a real full shot of earth..

A) Hardware designed for a particular set of mission parameters at the target may not be suitable for Earth observation.  By way of analogy, consider medical X-Ray equipment.  An X-ray is an X-ray is an X-ray, right?  However, the X-ray machine your dentist uses to look for cavities is quite different from the one they have at the ER to look at your broken arm.

B) Mission profile may not allow for spacecraft orientation appropriate for Earth observation.  Spacecraft have a limited power budget, and to conserve that power they often do not power up the science instruments until the target is near.  In many cases the spacecraft would have to change orientation to bring a camera to bear on Earth, which expends propellant or power on a task not related to the primary mission.

C) Some probes actually have done what you suggest.  A lot of probes, in fact.  Sometimes the objections above are noted and overcome by mission planners and we get a photo of Earth during a mission to somewhere else.  Messenger did it on its way to Mercury, as did JAXA on its way to Venus.  The Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter and the Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter have both done this from their final destinations.  Rosetta took Earth crescent photos on multiple gravity-assist passes of Earth on its way to the comet it observed (crescent because Rosetta was approaching Earth from higher orbit, which put it on the night side of the planet).  At least two Jupiter probes (Galileo and Juno) have taken Earth photos as they flew past us for gravity assist maneuvers.  Same for outer planet missions like Cassini (Saturn) and New Horizons (Pluto and Kuiper Belt Object 2014 MU69)

In fact, the more I look, the more it seems that options A and B are the exception and option C is the rule.
Proud member of İntikam's "Ignore List"
Ok. You proven you are unworthy to unignored. You proven it was a bad idea to unignore you. and it was for me a disgusting experience...Now you are going to place where you deserved and accustomed.
Quote from: SexWarrior
You accuse {FE} people of malice where incompetence suffice