Possible ways of proving FLAT earth model!
« on: July 08, 2016, 08:09:50 PM »
Hi,
I m a new flat earther and i am interested in this theory coz some aspects of this theory does make sense.
i mean why blindly believe someone else.find out the truth for yourself.

Can someone explain me if earth is a spehere then why dosent a hovering plane or baloon does not end up at another location coz of earth's rotation.Also why does a cannon ball fired in all directions end up same distance 
denying the earths rotation.Okay this much is enough to get me curious.

Now i cud think of some ways to prove,i needsome validation whether it will work?

#1 If earth is globe then we can just time lapse the footage from a private ballon sent upwards and see the earth actually rotate??

#2 If we select a location on the earth and find two equidistant spots with reference to the globe model and find out how much time it requires for both the flights to reach same destination lauching at the same time??

Rama Set

Re: Possible ways of proving FLAT earth model!
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2016, 08:28:54 PM »
Hi,
I m a new flat earther and i am interested in this theory coz some aspects of this theory does make sense.
i mean why blindly believe someone else.find out the truth for yourself.

Great idea!

Can someone explain me if earth is a spehere then why dosent a hovering plane or baloon does not end up at another location coz of earth's rotation.

Because of the conservation of momentum.

Also why does a cannon ball fired in all directions end up same distance 
denying the earths rotation.Okay this much is enough to get me curious.

It doesn't!  Conservation of momentum still applies, but the coriolis effect is something that has to be accounted for by ballistic projectiles.  It may not make much of a difference at short ranges, but at longer distances, it most definitely does.

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2016, 08:36:59 PM »
I guess this theory is raising questions and NASA dosent want them to find the bigger truth than the flat earth :P

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2016, 08:40:03 PM »
Can someone explain me if earth is a spehere then why dosent a hovering plane or baloon does not end up at another location coz of earth's rotation.Also why does a cannon ball fired in all directions end up same nying the earths rotation.Okay this much is enough to get me curious.

Think of it like this.

Due to the earth's rotation, the ground is moving at 1000 mph. The air next to the ground is moving at 1000 mph. You are standing on the ground, so you are also moving at 1000 mph.

So what happens when you jump? You will still be moving at 1000 mph, along with the earth. There is no reason why you (or a balloon, or a plane) would suddenly stop moving at 1000 mph along with the earth just because your feet stop touching the ground.

The same thing happens on a plane. The plane is travelling at 500 mph relative to the ground. If you jump on a plane, do you suddenly shoot backwards at 500 mph? Of course not. You continue moving at 500 mph along with the plane.

I guess this theory is raising questions and NASA dosent want them to find the bigger truth than the flat earth :P

I seriously doubt NASA cares about any dumb flat earth theories.

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2016, 08:47:17 PM »
Can someone explain me if earth is a spehere then why dosent a hovering plane or baloon does not end up at another location coz of earth's rotation.Also why does a cannon ball fired in all directions end up same nying the earths rotation.Okay this much is enough to get me curious.

Think of it like this.

Due to the earth's rotation, the ground is moving at 1000 mph. The air next to the ground is moving at 1000 mph. You are standing on the ground, so you are also moving at 1000 mph.

So what happens when you jump? You will still be moving at 1000 mph, along with the earth. There is no reason why you (or a balloon, or a plane) would suddenly stop moving at 1000 mph along with the earth just because your feet stop touching the ground.

The same thing happens on a plane. The plane is travelling at 500 mph relative to the ground. If you jump on a plane, do you suddenly shoot backwards at 500 mph? Of course not. You continue moving at 500 mph along with the plane.

I seriously doubt NASA cares about any dumb flat earth theories.

hey i like ua explanation.So u are saying that the air around is also travelling with the same speed.So this dosent apply to the objects sent up higher in space right? coz the air out there gets dense.Why cant they just time lapse the rotation of earth over a ballon or a satellite over a 24 hr period to see the rotation.
why not prove this society wrong once in for all!!!!
And if u are a true round earth believer why are u here in the first place ! Some of the things explained in the flat model does check out !! and the people here are normal people like u and me not scientists so they will try best to explain using their understanding.
And if the space travel is real then obviously there will be tons and tons of media with the space agencies as it is not so cheap to space travel.Why keep all of that hidden from the common people.Only release a few handful of composite images.

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2016, 11:09:04 PM »
hey i like ua explanation.So u are saying that the air around is also travelling with the same speed.

Yep. If it looks like it is standing still relative to you, then it is travelling at the same speed as you. This includes the ground, air, your neighbor's house, etc.

So this dosent apply to the objects sent up higher in space right? coz the air out there gets dense.

You have it backwards. The air higher in space gets less dense. But yes, something travelling in or near space isn't necessarily going to be travelling at the same speed as the ground.

Why cant they just time lapse the rotation of earth over a ballon or a satellite over a 24 hr period to see the rotation.

Wish granted.

Timelapse from DSCOVR satellite between June and December 2015
Archive of images from DSCOVR's EPIC camera

And if u are a true round earth believer why are u here in the first place !

Because it is mildly amusing to argue about this stuff.

Some of the things explained in the flat model does check out !! and the people here are normal people like u and me not scientists so they will try best to explain using their understanding.

Literally nothing checks out. Flat earthers never provide evidence (edit: valid evidence) for any of their theories. They ignore glaring holes in their theories. Browse the "Debate" section of this forum for proof.

And if the space travel is real then obviously there will be tons and tons of media with the space agencies as it is not so cheap to space travel.Why keep all of that hidden from the common people.Only release a few handful of composite images.

What are you talking about? They release tons of pictures and data. For example: Raw images from Cassini mission to Saturn
« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 11:12:48 PM by TotesNotReptilian »

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2016, 05:44:54 AM »
hey i like ua explanation.So u are saying that the air around is also travelling with the same speed.

Yep. If it looks like it is standing still relative to you, then it is travelling at the same speed as you. This includes the ground, air, your neighbor's house, etc.

So this dosent apply to the objects sent up higher in space right? coz the air out there gets dense.

You have it backwards. The air higher in space gets less dense. But yes, something travelling in or near space isn't necessarily going to be travelling at the same speed as the ground.

Why cant they just time lapse the rotation of earth over a ballon or a satellite over a 24 hr period to see the rotation.

Wish granted.

Timelapse from DSCOVR satellite between June and December 2015
Archive of images from DSCOVR's EPIC camera

Because it is mildly amusing to argue about this stuff.

Some of the things explained in the flat model does check out !! and the people here are normal people like u and me not scientists so they will try best to explain using their understanding.

Literally nothing checks out. Flat earthers never provide evidence (edit: valid evidence) for any of their theories. They ignore glaring holes in their theories. Browse the "Debate" section of this forum for proof.

What are you talking about? They release tons of pictures and data. For example: Raw images from Cassini mission to Saturn

Okay the time lapse u sent me is not acutually a time lapse.It is compiled and it can be read in the description.
Also how can a satellite be so far away to take one complete shot.
Also why do NASA have to compile many pictures to get one clear shot...i mean didnt they capture high quality pics of earth from the moon?? like we capture the moon from earth and prove the globe earth model once in for all?
It is raising more questions everytime i read something ??? ???

also in ur second pic i can see earth?? But where is the ICe continent?? for a continent as big as antartica it is hidden !
« Last Edit: July 09, 2016, 05:57:37 AM by backtrack_ME »

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2016, 02:06:55 PM »
Okay the time lapse u sent me is not acutually a time lapse.It is compiled and it can be read in the description.

What exactly do you think a timelapse is? It's just a bunch of pictures "compiled" into a movie.

The DSCOVR satellite is currently parked 950,000 miles away from earth.

Also why do NASA have to compile many pictures to get one clear shot...

I'm not sure what you mean. DSCOVR takes pictures in many different wavelengths, only some of which are used in the images released here. The rest are used for scientific purposes.

i mean didnt they capture high quality pics of earth from the moon?? like we capture the moon from earth and prove the globe earth model once in for all?

They have, yes. Here is a neat list of pictures of the earth taken from planetary probes that Rounder found earlier. Some of them were taken from the moon.

Isn't learning fun?

also in ur second pic i can see earth?? But where is the ICe continent?? for a continent as big as antartica it is hidden !

During the summer, the South Pole is tilted away from the sun, so Antarctica isn't very visible to DSCOVR. Look at one of the pictures from December. It is clearly visible at the bottom during winter.

Offline Rounder

• What in the Sam Hill are you people talking about?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2016, 02:35:46 PM »
Welcome to the forums, Backtrack!  As my username suggests, I am not convinced by the flat earth model.  Among several topics I have started in support of the round earth model, you might find interesting one I wrote in March.  The TLDR version: the air pressure wave produced by the eruption of Krakatoa made multiple trips around the globe, and was recorded by barometric instruments at locations all over the world.  More details and illustrations at the linked post, but the conclusion is that the observations fit the globe earth model, and no flat earth explanation has been proposed as far as I know.
Proud member of İntikam's "Ignore List"
Ok. You proven you are unworthy to unignored. You proven it was a bad idea to unignore you. and it was for me a disgusting experience...Now you are going to place where you deserved and accustomed.
Quote from: SexWarrior
You accuse {FE} people of malice where incompetence suffice

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2016, 03:42:11 PM »

Because it's obviously his job

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2016, 04:17:47 PM »

What exactly do you think a timelapse is? It's just a bunch of pictures "compiled" into a movie.

The DSCOVR satellite is currently parked 950,000 miles away from earth.

Also why do NASA have to compile many pictures to get one clear shot...

I'm not sure what you mean. DSCOVR takes pictures in many different wavelengths, only some of which are used in the images released here. The rest are used for scientific purposes.

i mean didnt they capture high quality pics of earth from the moon?? like we capture the moon from earth and prove the globe earth model once in for all?

They have, yes. Here is a neat list of pictures of the earth taken from planetary probes that Rounder found earlier. Some of them were taken from the moon.

Isn't learning fun?

During the summer, the South Pole is tilted away from the sun, so Antarctica isn't very visible to DSCOVR. Look at one of the pictures from December. It is clearly visible at the bottom during winter.

Thank TOTES,
all ua explanations are quite convincing.

All the flat earthers like to quote that there is no proof of earth spinning in any way? is that true?

« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2016, 06:05:16 PM »
All the flat earthers like to quote that there is no proof of earth spinning in any way? is that true?

There are ways. One way is to use pendulums and/or gyroscopes. Basically, the direction the pendulum/gyroscope rotates changes over the course of a day. See: Foucault pendulum. Some museums have Foucault pendulums on public display if you want to see for yourself. There have been several threads about in the past.

Of course, a common flat-earth counter argument to this is that perhaps the flat earth is rotating around the North Pole like a CD in a CD-player, which could explain a Foucault pendulum's rotation. This is easily proven false by simply watching the movement of the stars:

See this thread for an explanation. Note that near the end of the thread, Tom Bishop (one of the more prominant flat earther's on this forum) admits that he supports the "Bi-Polar" model. The Bi-Polar model has no explanation for how Foucault pendulums work.

I also recommend downloading Stellarium to help visualize the movement of the stars. Hint: look for the location of the South Celestial Pole based on your current latitude.

Basically, the stars rotate in such a way that proves that the earth isn't flat.

Because it's obviously his job

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but accusing-me-of-being-a-shill will never hurt me.

« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2016, 10:16:28 PM »
Easy way to prove whether the earth is round or flat is to travel to the salt flats of Nevada or Utah and locate a significantly long stretch of flat equally elevated land with point A at one end and point B at the other. Then set a laser at a specific height off of the surface at point A and a receiving surface at point B. If the laser does not impact the receiving surface at the height it was sending from then we have a round earth. If it impacts dead on then we have a flat earth.

Offline crutonius

• Just a regular guy. No funny business here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2016, 03:49:42 AM »
I wouldn't try to measure the curve on land.  From where I stand the world is bowl shaped because I live in a valley. Instead go to your nearest lake, get a pole, stick it into the shore on one side. Look at it on the other side and see how much of it obscured.