Offline JAZZEYENANO

• I do not believe in a flat earth
    • View Profile
i have some questions
« on: December 04, 2017, 08:01:36 PM »
I would like to know what the government has to gain by lying to people about the shape of the earth. Some people say it's for money but that doesn't really make any sense. Besides in 1969 it would have been cheaper to actually go to the moon than to fake it. For me as a person it doesn't mean that much to me if the world is round, flat, a cube, or whatever. The point being it doesn't matter. So if the world were flat, why would anyone care enough to lie about it.
Convince me if you can

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
Re: i have some questions
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2017, 03:11:51 AM »
I would like to know what the government has to gain by lying to people about the shape of the earth. Some people say it's for money but that doesn't really make any sense.

https://wiki.tfes.org/The_Conspiracy

Besides in 1969 it would have been cheaper to actually go to the moon than to fake it.

Somebody better tell George Lucas he wasted all that money on those special effects!
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 03:15:55 AM by Tom Bishop »

Offline JAZZEYENANO

• I do not believe in a flat earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2017, 03:15:20 AM »
Somebody better tell George Lucas he wasted all that money on those special effects!

Okay first of all Star Wars came out in 1977. Not 1969, also the difference between Star Wars planets and faking moon landing are very far apart. For the moon landing you are talking about bribing hundreds of people, launching a fake rocket to then be collected on a later date, bribe more people to keep that quiet. Creating the type of lighting that you would see on the moon, which takes LED lighting, in 1969 it would have cost billions of dollars just to get the correct lighting. 
Convince me if you can

Offline John Quinton

• flat earthers unite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2017, 06:56:32 AM »
If the government can trick the entire world into believing that the world is flat, then they can keep everything that's on the other side to themselves. from what i understand, the other side contains deposits of precious metals such as gold and platinum as well as deposits of diamonds. by using these metals, they can secretly get rich without accidentally inflating the economy.

Offline StinkyOne

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2017, 01:06:30 PM »
If the government can trick the entire world into believing that the world is flat, then they can keep everything that's on the other side to themselves. from what i understand, the other side contains deposits of precious metals such as gold and platinum as well as deposits of diamonds. by using these metals, they can secretly get rich without accidentally inflating the economy.

And how did you come to this "understanding?" Got any proof or did you just read it on some FEH website and take it as the truth?
I saw a video where a pilot was flying above the sun.
-Terry50

Offline ghostopia

• The Earth is round
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2017, 12:49:14 AM »

Absolutely correct.  We see small pieces of those deposits coming up through the crust.  At the edge NASA has guards that not only keep people from exploring too far, but also to haul up the minerals that are sent up from the other side.

Where is the evidence for this claims? First, the evidence that there is even land after the ice wall. I think this is impossible as there won't be any heat from the sun to melt the ice.

Second, the evidence that the land contains precious metals. How do you know that this land contains precious metal that you can mine up?

Third, the evidence that NASA agents are guarding the ice wall from people and mining the precious metal. Why can't this agent be from other country? There are countries that are closer to Antarctica than US. Why aren't they taking control of it. Why not China or Russia. Why does it have to be NASA?
Why believe in Flat Earth theory when there is so much evidence supporting Round Earth?

Flat Earth map cannot exist

Offline John Quinton

• flat earthers unite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2017, 03:56:36 AM »
it makes sense. this would be a good reason for them to hide the truth from us
this should clear everything up

Offline mtnman

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2017, 04:31:39 AM »
If the government can trick the entire world into believing that the world is flat
What? I thought the paranoid conspiracy theory was that they fooled us into thinking the Earth was round. So confused.

Offline John Quinton

• flat earthers unite
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2017, 05:56:09 AM »
If the government can trick the entire world into believing that the world is flat
What? I thought the paranoid conspiracy theory was that they fooled us into thinking the Earth was round. So confused.

Freudian slip

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2017, 09:46:26 AM »

Freudian slip

that means you think that it's actually true. much like physics, you misunderstand the basics of many subjects.

Offline John Quinton

• flat earthers unite
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2017, 10:26:46 AM »

Freudian slip

that means you think that it's actually true. much like physics, you misunderstand the basics of many subjects.

so i think its true that the government is tricking people into believing that the earth is flat?

Offline Roger G

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2017, 01:47:41 PM »

so i think its true that the government is tricking people into believing that the earth is flat?
[/quote]

So are we talking about the US government, because just in case you didn't know, there are other countries and governments outside of the US, including my own that has been around a few centuries more than the US one  :o

Roger

Offline mtnman

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2017, 07:34:19 PM »

So are we talking about the US government, because just in case you didn't know, there are other countries and governments outside of the US, including my own that has been around a few centuries more than the US one  :o

Roger
I find it odd that the US Government generally and NASA specifically get all the blame for the alleged conspiracy when round Earth knowledge predates both. Like most FE belief, they just need a hook to support an idea, even if it can't hold any weight.

devils advocate

« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2017, 10:33:03 AM »

Roger
I find it odd that the US Government generally and NASA specifically get all the blame for the alleged conspiracy when round Earth knowledge predates both. Like most FE belief, they just need a hook to support an idea, even if it can't hold any weight.

Yeah its funny that it's NASA guards at the ice wall too, Considering how large the ice wall is as it circumnavigates the flat earth it must cost ALL the budget that they are supposed to be pocketing just to populate this with guards and all their equipment etc. Not to mention the number of people of have to be added to the conspiracy list.