Offline mister bickles

• while there's life, there's hope!
    • View Profile
"Planned Parenthood"
« on: August 25, 2015, 01:55:50 PM »
these filthy baby butchers will be torn apart by demons of blood and murder in the pits and belly of HELL!   >:(

unless they fall down on their knees and repent in dust and ashes before the Most High God

(a likely occurrence? not really!....therefore....their fate shall be unspeakable.....better that they had ne'er been born or cast into the sea with a mill-stone 'round their necks!)

their ultimate destination.....

Almighty God is watching them....with eyes of blazing anger!  >:(
(because the angels of these little ones are ever before His Face)

http://chick.com/reading/tracts/1009/1009_01.asp ;

nisi Dominus frustra

Saddam Hussein

Re: "Planned Parenthood"
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2015, 03:07:06 PM »
If you don't like abortions, then you won't like those Planned Parenthood videos, but there's nothing "incriminating" about them, and the recent fervor to "defund" the organization is dumb and needs to go away soon.  Planned Parenthood largely reduces the number of abortions that are needed, anyway.

Offline jroa

• Kentucky Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2015, 03:10:49 PM »
Saddam does not realize that they are selling fetuses on the black market. 

Thork

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2015, 03:17:06 PM »
Can't say I like abortion. Yes in extreme cases like foetal abnormality or rape you can see an argument, but for a dumb teenager who is worried about going to college, ending someone else's life because it is inconvenient to your own isn't far removed from the motives of a murderer. Doctors performing such abortions is like being a licensed hitman who only picks the weakest of all targets - ripping unborn children from the wombs of their mothers. Nasty business, all of it. 

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2015, 04:00:43 PM »

No, they transport them to people for use in medical research.  It's entirely legal.

Offline jroa

• Kentucky Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2015, 04:19:14 PM »

No, they transport them to people for use in medical research.  It's entirely legal.

For a profit, which is actually illegal.  You can't sell human bodies legally, cop.  You should have learned this in your criminal justice classes.  Or, were you just making that up too? 

Thork

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2015, 04:47:25 PM »

For a profit, which is actually illegal.  You can't sell human bodies legally, cop.  You should have learned this in your criminal justice classes.  Or, were you just making that up too? 
I'm sure he knows the going rate for a cop to turn a blind eye to fetus trafficking.

Offline rooster

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2015, 04:57:14 PM »
Thork how do you feel about abortion if it's not technically a fetus yet?

Thork

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2015, 05:03:44 PM »
Life is life. I don't kill spiders even though I can't stand them. They have less brain cells than a very small fetus. It is just disrespect for nature. Once the sperm enters the egg and that protective shield to stop other sperms getting in is made, that's everything needed to make a human. It is complete. It's a person, just a very small and undeveloped one. Their destiny is your hands then ... their chances of being born, of getting educated, finding love, career, hopes, dreams ... its all in the pipeline. Taking all that from someone who doesn't know any better and never will because you are afraid your parents will go mad ... the ultimate selfish act. Contraception is fine. Morning after pills and everything after I feel are morally questionable.

Offline Pongo

• Most Educated Flat-Earther
  • Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2015, 06:23:05 PM »
Life is life. I don't kill spiders even though I can't stand them. They have less brain cells than a very small fetus. It is just disrespect for nature. Once the sperm enters the egg and that protective shield to stop other sperms getting in is made, that's everything needed to make a human. It is complete. It's a person, just a very small and undeveloped one. Their destiny is your hands then ... their chances of being born, of getting educated, finding love, career, hopes, dreams ... its all in the pipeline. Taking all that from someone who doesn't know any better and never will because you are afraid your parents will go mad ... the ultimate selfish act. Contraception is fine. Morning after pills and everything after I feel are morally questionable.

Do you eat food that's killed for you to consume?  Life is life, yo.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 06:25:00 PM by Pongo »

Thork

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2015, 06:23:54 PM »

Do you eat food that's killed for you to consume?  Life is life, yo.
I don't consume people.

Offline Pongo

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2015, 06:25:26 PM »
That's not really what I asked, was it?

Thork

« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2015, 06:47:24 PM »
Extinguishing the dreams of a lamb so I can eat it is a necessary evil. It's very existence is so that one day someone could consume it. It is the reason someone bred and reared it in the first place. Without animal husbandry, the animal would never have existed. And I need to eat in order to survive. Vegetarians will argue I can live on vegetables, but I don't have 4 stomachs and I do have incisor teeth and a digestive system build to cope with meat. Meat and animal fats are part of a healthy diet.

Extinguishing the future of a person is a little bit different. To me, anyway.  :-\

Offline Pongo

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2015, 08:04:45 PM »
Extinguishing the dreams of a lamb so I can eat it is a necessary evil. It's very existence is so that one day someone could consume it. It is the reason someone bred and reared it in the first place. Without animal husbandry, the animal would never have existed. And I need to eat in order to survive. Vegetarians will argue I can live on vegetables, but I don't have 4 stomachs and I do have incisor teeth and a digestive system build to cope with meat. Meat and animal fats are part of a healthy diet.

Extinguishing the future of a person is a little bit different. To me, anyway.  :-\

That's the naturalistic fallacy.  Just because you evolved to do something does not mean it's inherently right or even moral.  However, I want to address your reason for not killing spiders.  "Life is life," and, "It is just disrespect for nature."  It would seem that raising animals to kill them is in direct violation of both of these reasons.

Offline jroa

• Kentucky Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2015, 08:30:20 PM »
Planned Parenthood largely reduces the number of abortions that are needed, anyway.

How many abortions are needed, and by what percentage do they reduce it?  Oh, that is right, you are just making things up again.  ::)

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2015, 10:24:15 PM »
For a profit, which is actually illegal.

I haven't seen any evidence to suggest that anyone is profiting from this, and I doubt it would be feasible for anyone to make a profit off of what Planned Parenthood does at all.

You can't sell human bodies legally

I know.  But transporting fetal matter to researchers for a fee isn't the same thing as selling human bodies.

Both of these points are analyzed here:

http://www.factcheck.org/2015/07/unspinning-the-planned-parenthood-video/

How many abortions are needed, and by what percentage do they reduce it?

It's estimated that they reduce abortions and unwanted pregnancies by about 60% each year, at least according to this.

Offline jroa

• Kentucky Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2015, 10:38:16 PM »
When someone haggles over the price of a fetus, then states that they need more money because they want to buy a Lamborghini, then I would say they are trying to profit off the say of the human body, would you not say the same?  Or, maybe you have your blinders on again? 

Offline rooster

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2015, 12:09:16 AM »
Extinguishing the dreams of a lamb so I can eat it is a necessary evil.
Sounds a lot like the reasoning of anyone getting an abortion.
"If I can kill this embryo in order to preserve my own quality of life, it is a necessary evil."

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2015, 01:42:15 AM »
When someone haggles over the price of a fetus, then states that they need more money because they want to buy a Lamborghini, then I would say they are trying to profit off the say of the human body, would you not say the same?  Or, maybe you have your blinders on again?

You can't seriously think that the Lamborghini line was anything but a joke.  That's been Exhibit A for how cruel and callous Planned Parenthood clearly are on every right-wing webshite that's been covering this.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 04:32:57 AM by Saddam Hussein »

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2015, 06:35:13 AM »

You (inadvertently, I think) just uncovered my main objection to the pro-life people. Many vegetarians do indeed argue that we shouldn't kill animals for food, and they try as hard as they can to suggest healthy alternatives. What they don't do is try to outlaw eating meat1.

You're morally objected to abortions. That's fine. It's a sensible stance to hold, and you're well within your rights to try to convince others that it's immoral or unethical. However, it's clear to me that this is not a unanimous stance within society, and I don't see why we would impose restrictive laws based on the views that aren't widely agreed upon.

That said, there's also an argument to be made against the government funding of Planned Parenthood. Pretending to be a pro-lifer for a moment: why should my tax dollars support something that I'm morally objected to? I mean, sure, we can just respond to that with "ur dumb" and move swiftly on, but as far as I know that's not how Western liberal democracies work.

1 - Okay, some do, but they appear to be a very insignificant minority. It's definitely not as widespread an issue as among American "progressives" or pro-lifers.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume