The Moon
« on: October 12, 2017, 08:13:35 AM »
Hello everyone. I’ve been reading a lot of forums recently. Originally, I thought flat earthers thought the moon was a hologram. Now, I’m seeing flateartheres believing in a spherical moon. Flat earthers reading this, what do you think the moon is? Why?

Offline 3DGeek

• Path of photon from sun location to eye at sunset?
    • View Profile
    • What path do the photons take from the physical location of the sun to my eye at sunset
Re: The Moon
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2017, 06:16:00 PM »
Hello everyone. I’ve been reading a lot of forums recently. Originally, I thought flat earthers thought the moon was a hologram. Now, I’m seeing flateartheres believing in a spherical moon. Flat earthers reading this, what do you think the moon is? Why?

The "hologram" idea is busted in a dozen ways...I'm no surprised the FE'ers dropped it - it's just silly.

Their spherical moon has bad problems with it though.   It can't explain why the moon has the same phase when viewed from widely separated places.

If the sun is setting to the WEST of you...then if the moon is on the opposite horizon - then, being lit by the sun, it would be a full moon.
However if at PRECISELY the same instant, someone to the EAST of you (for whom the sun is far FAR away on the other side of the flat Earth) would be seeing the moon overhead - but it couldn't be a full moon - it would have to be a half moon.

In the 'real' world, the phase of the moon is EXACTLY the same for everyone.

So this idea of the moon being a physical object that's lit by the sun...it just doesn't work.

Plus, we have this problem...from two different vantage-points on the Flat Earth, people should be seeing opposite sides of the moon...but they don't.

Hey Tom:  What path do the photons take from the physical location of the sun to my eye at sunset?

Revel

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2017, 01:30:10 AM »

The "hologram" idea is busted in a dozen ways...I'm no surprised the FE'ers dropped it - it's just silly.

Their spherical moon has bad problems with it though.   It can't explain why the moon has the same phase when viewed from widely separated places.

If the sun is setting to the WEST of you...then if the moon is on the opposite horizon - then, being lit by the sun, it would be a full moon.
However if at PRECISELY the same instant, someone to the EAST of you (for whom the sun is far FAR away on the other side of the flat Earth) would be seeing the moon overhead - but it couldn't be a full moon - it would have to be a half moon.

In the 'real' world, the phase of the moon is EXACTLY the same for everyone.

So this idea of the moon being a physical object that's lit by the sun...it just doesn't work.

Plus, we have this problem...from two different vantage-points on the Flat Earth, people should be seeing opposite sides of the moon...but they don't.

Your dimensions are off. But otherwise, yes, 3DGeek is entirely correct, in terms of phases.

After all, the Moon would show no curved light path from the sun's reflection but would show no light, in fact, for people on Earth, if the "flat" Moon were to be viewed on its thin, sharp side. People would see a straight line, for the most part. But people don't. The sun could not reflect the face of a flat moon if it were facing us. It makes perfect sense to say the Moon is round.

And think of the chronology! If the Moon was really a hologram, how could people record observations 200+ years ago? We hardly even mastered the art of inducing 3D holograms perfectly ourselves. And back then, 2D technology like computers have not existed. Now, if one were to introduce another controversy, that there exists "hidden technology" earlier on Earth, then that's a remarkably different story.

I know that I didn't actually answer your question, Oblate Spheroid, but I wanted to render the Flat Moon argument futile. There is no proof of a truly holographic Moon.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 01:35:48 AM by Revel »

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2017, 08:15:59 AM »
Check out this link about moon being a UFO

http://metro.co.uk/2015/03/16/does-this-weeks-eclipse-prove-the-moon-is-a-giant-alien-spaceship-5106083/

Snippet of the article...

When the moon moves in between Earth and the sun this week, will there be little green men inside, steering it into the right position?

You might think that the answer is a giant, screaming, ‘NO’…  but UFO sites would beg to disagree.

Some fans believe that the sheer coincidence of eclipses happening at all ‘proves’ that the moon is in fact an enormous, hollow spacecraft, piloted by incredibly advanced alien beings.

In a recent YouTube video, Christopher Knight, author of Who Built the Moon says, ‘The same numbers keep popping up. As Isaac Asimov said,  the eclipse is the most extraordinary coincidence. We started to look at the numbers – and they all worked perfectly.

‘The Earth rotates 366 times as it goes round the sun once. So you could say that the Earth’s number is 366. The Earth is 366% times the size of the moon. That struck us as crazy.numbers keep popping up.’

Offline 3DGeek

• Path of photon from sun location to eye at sunset?
    • View Profile
    • What path do the photons take from the physical location of the sun to my eye at sunset
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2017, 03:08:00 PM »
Check out this link about moon being a UFO

http://metro.co.uk/2015/03/16/does-this-weeks-eclipse-prove-the-moon-is-a-giant-alien-spaceship-5106083/

Snippet of the article...

When the moon moves in between Earth and the sun this week, will there be little green men inside, steering it into the right position?

You might think that the answer is a giant, screaming, ‘NO’…  but UFO sites would beg to disagree.

Some fans believe that the sheer coincidence of eclipses happening at all ‘proves’ that the moon is in fact an enormous, hollow spacecraft, piloted by incredibly advanced alien beings.

In a recent YouTube video, Christopher Knight, author of Who Built the Moon says, ‘The same numbers keep popping up. As Isaac Asimov said,  the eclipse is the most extraordinary coincidence. We started to look at the numbers – and they all worked perfectly.

‘The Earth rotates 366 times as it goes round the sun once. So you could say that the Earth’s number is 366. The Earth is 366% times the size of the moon. That struck us as crazy.numbers keep popping up.’

In RE terms, the Solar Eclipse seems like a gigantic cosmic coincidence - I mean, what are the odds that the size/distance of the moon should so be in such perfect proportions to the size/distance of the sun?

However, it's important to note that the moon is gradually spiralling away from the Earth due to the tidal effects of the moon causing energy from the Earth's slowing rotation to be dumped into the moon's increasing kinetic energy.  So eclipses in the distant past - and in the distant future - would not be so perfect.

The coincidence is only that humans arrived on Earth at the right time to see perfect eclipses.   The dinosaurs were not so lucky and neither will be our future Robotic AI overlords.

It was 100% inevitable that some creature on Earth would someday live at a time of perfect eclipses - and looked at like that, it's not THAT much of a coincidence that it happened to be us.
Hey Tom:  What path do the photons take from the physical location of the sun to my eye at sunset?