One of the marks of a good theory or hypothesis is being able to come up with experimental results that would prove you wrong. Do you know of an experiment that would prove the Earth is a globe? If so, what is it?

Offline CriticalThinker

• Polite and Pragmatic
    • View Profile
Well, my knee jerk reaction would be to tell you that they aren't likely to provide you with an honest answer.  From my limited observation, they seem intent on not having a testable hypothesis scenario because they're afraid of what will happen when the data comes in.  It's much safer to attempt to throw shade on any data that the rest of us supply and when out of other options, claim some magic variable that no one can measure is critically important in explaining why the round earth support data is woefully wrong.  I would love to see an honest answer from the flat Earth community to your question, however, I would recommend that you don't hold your breath.

Thank you,

CriticalThinker
Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur

Offline StinkyOne

• View Profile
Well, my knee jerk reaction would be to tell you that they aren't likely to provide you with an honest answer.  From my limited observation, they seem intent on not having a testable hypothesis scenario because they're afraid of what will happen when the data comes in.  It's much safer to attempt to throw shade on any data that the rest of us supply and when out of other options, claim some magic variable that no one can measure is critically important in explaining why the round earth support data is woefully wrong.  I would love to see an honest answer from the flat Earth community to your question, however, I would recommend that you don't hold your breath.

Thank you,

CriticalThinker

This is so true. Look at a lot of these fringe groups and they all operate similarly. They attempt to poke little holes in established theory based on their lack of understanding without offering anything substantive in return. They ignore the big picture in hopes that "proving" one little point wrong will convince some fools to listen to them.
I saw a video where a pilot was flying above the sun.
-Terry50

Earth photo is enough proof..but there is none

Offline mtnman

• View Profile
The FE faithful will simply dismiss anything you provide with as faked/staged/CGI/part of vast conspiracy etc.

Does anyone of notable intelligence believe the earth is flat? If so who and what are there supporting facts? 
« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 04:50:20 PM by Flattruth »

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
Does anyone of notable intelligence believe the earth is flat? If so who and what are there supporting facts?

Refrain from low content posts in the upper fora. Warned

Hmmm

mtnman, what if the evidence would be with some data and details?

Offline mtnman

• View Profile
mtnman, what if the evidence would be with some data and details?
Ok, here are two examples:
What about using a laser to measure the distance to the moon? I know that test has been performed over the years, the data should be available somewhere.
What about the predictable and observable orbit of the ISS?

The angle to the horizon is close to zero at ground level, but if you are 10000 feet above the ground at the horizon it should make a measurable angle. If we measured that there is 180 degrees of sky at sea level but 182+ degrees of sky on top of a 10000 foot tall mountain, would that do it?

Hmmm

What about using a laser to measure the distance to the moon? I know that test has been performed over the years, the data should be available somewhere.
I like that you put the moon and ISS in one post...Are they both fake, holograms textures?

Offline xenotolerance

• byeeeeeee
    • View Profile
    • flat Earth visualization
I like that you put the moon and ISS in one post...Are they both fake, holograms textures?

No

Hmmm

xenotolerance, the moon is more obvious to be artificial than the ISS, but how do you know whether they aren't both orbs flying around, and sometimes cloaking? I'm not even sure, if i'm being right.
How do you know, if what you state can be proven by real world observations(not only just logical conclusions, based on mainstream science lies)?
« Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 11:28:21 AM by Hmmm »

Offline mtnman

• View Profile
xenotolerance, the moon is more obvious to be artificial than the ISS, but how do you know whether they aren't both orbs flying around, and sometimes cloaking? I'm not even sure, if i'm being right.
How do you know, if what you state can be proven by real world observations(not only just logical conclusions, based on mainstream science lies)?
I really don't know how to take this answer, but I think you are saying that data relating to those is not acceptable to you, without seeing it or giving any consideration. Typical.

Orbs flying around? Well, both are things orbiting the Earth, not technically flying, but close enough I guess.

Cloaking? When does the moon cloak, are you talking about eclipses?

Revel

One of the marks of a good theory or hypothesis is being able to come up with experimental results that would prove you wrong. Do you know of an experiment that would prove the Earth is a globe? If so, what is it?

Alright, here's one. Along the way, I would smile upon people who discover error in the process of my experiment. Please feel free to abase me, bash my ideas, and condemn fallacious reasoning. If I am wrong, I'd like to know it. If I'm not wrong, then take strong consideration of my relevant experiment. And please, do not comment on what you make of my English. I don't take dynamic English seriously in a mere post. Here goes.

Note: This is the entire Earth we are talking about. I hope that we can all agree that it should be treated as a colossal mass. Please question me on this fact before reading on if there exists a flaw, so that it would not be disregarded unfairly.

Another Note: When I refer to a flat Earth, I am making the assumption that the Earth looks like a circle with very little thickness. Of course, there must be thickness; otherwise, it would not be three-dimensional, an otherwise very disturbing sight indeed.

The Earth, as it is, is too big to conduct a practical experiment in; with this in mind, my experiment is simple; take a plane flight across the globe, and continuously look at the altitude meter. Record it periodically, say every 5 minutes. Make sure your plane is at a constant altitude at all times, or at least roughly constant. Designate the point of take-off, and make sure to fly around the full length of the Earth, and upon approaching the designated spot, land. If your the rate of change of the altitude meter has shown up as relatively the same value the entire time, for this ~24 hour flight, you can safely assume that the Earth is round. Liek a circle, a sphere could begin and end at the same point, depending on (where you begin and end), and in a smooth (otherwise known as consistent) fashion.

In a flat Earth, the difference between 5-minute altitudes will not remain consistent. Make a graph of records if you need to. If there was no degree of roundness in the Earth, there would be abrupt changes in the altitude. But as long as the rate of change of the altitude meter remains relatively consistent, the Earth must be round, with no sudden, jagged edge. Consider my experiment very carefully. Do not miss any piece of logic.

Here's another case in point: the Earth is so huge, that the human could not directly see how much the shape of its terrain changes on average. If we were to walk from one point of a circle, or oval, and cover the smallest imaginable distance, that is very akin to walking about a mile around the Earth. The difference could hardly be found. For people who have studied basic Calculus techniques: When you zoom in enough on the curve of a graph, you see a tangent line appear. The tangent line, by definition, is a line, which is flat. But you know that this flatness is a simplification derived from a curve. It appears flat, but it is already known to be a constituent, an infinitesimal section, of the curve. Likewise, the human eye, with such a small distance observed, sees flat land where it is truly a super small section of a round planet. If I made a mistake with my reasoning, inform me.

Here's another case in point: the Earth, flat or round, does not have smooth terrain regardless of its overall shape. It has mountains, gorges, crevices, like a sharp, confusing, disproportionate graph. But I am using averages, nevertheless, to determine whether or not the Earth is flat. How do I get these averages? With the experiment I suggested already.

If you guys would like me to conduct a deeper analysis on the topic, with or without the notion of experimentation (i.e., common sense, logic), reply.

If anyone spots a flaw in my current analysis, again, reply, and make sure to criticize me at your leisure. I don't give a damn about my "feelings." I am not being sarcastic, I promise that my emotions are never affected by insult.

Offline xenotolerance

• byeeeeeee
    • View Profile
    • flat Earth visualization

You can look at them with telescopes.

Revel

Earth photo is enough proof..but there is none

There's more than just a picture to support it. There exist calculations with a low margin of error to prove it, Galileo's research, and common sense.
That's right, guys. China is below the United States.

Offline 3DGeek

• Path of photon from sun location to eye at sunset?
    • View Profile
    • What path do the photons take from the physical location of the sun to my eye at sunset

You can look at them with telescopes.

More importantly - you can position two cameras a long distance apart and have them take simultaneous photos of the moon (say one just after moon-rise, the other just before moon-set).  If the moon is where FET says it is - then they should be seeing opposite sides of the thing - and therefore the pictures they take should show radically different patterns of craters and marea...and they should also show different moon phases.

They won't.

The End.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 10:59:43 AM by 3DGeek »
Hey Tom:  What path do the photons take from the physical location of the sun to my eye at sunset?

In a flat Earth, the difference between 5-minute altitudes will not remain consistent. Make a graph of records if you need to. If there was no degree of roundness in the Earth, there would be abrupt changes in the altitude. But as long as the rate of change of the altitude meter remains relatively consistent, the Earth must be round, with no sudden, jagged edge. Consider my experiment very carefully. Do not miss any piece of logic.

Why do you think that the altimeter on an airplane would have jagged changes in readings on a flat earth? I don't understand the thinking behind this experiment.

Here's another case in point: the Earth is so huge, that the human could not directly see how much the shape of its terrain changes on average. If we were to walk from one point of a circle, or oval, and cover the smallest imaginable distance, that is very akin to walking about a mile around the Earth. The difference could hardly be found. For people who have studied basic Calculus techniques: When you zoom in enough on the curve of a graph, you see a tangent line appear. The tangent line, by definition, is a line, which is flat. But you know that this flatness is a simplification derived from a curve. It appears flat, but it is already known to be a constituent, an infinitesimal section, of the curve. Likewise, the human eye, with such a small distance observed, sees flat land where it is truly a super small section of a round planet. If I made a mistake with my reasoning, inform me.

Here's another case in point: the Earth, flat or round, does not have smooth terrain regardless of its overall shape. It has mountains, gorges, crevices, like a sharp, confusing, disproportionate graph. But I am using averages, nevertheless, to determine whether or not the Earth is flat. How do I get these averages? With the experiment I suggested already.

If you guys would like me to conduct a deeper analysis on the topic, with or without the notion of experimentation (i.e., common sense, logic), reply.

If anyone spots a flaw in my current analysis, again, reply, and make sure to criticize me at your leisure. I don't give a damn about my "feelings." I am not being sarcastic, I promise that my emotions are never affected by insult.

There may be a language barrier, but I don't understand your proposals. In the "walking around in a circle" experiment, what observations are we meant to make?

Offline Rounder

• What in the Sam Hill are you people talking about?
    • View Profile
How do you know, if what you state can be proven by real world observations (not only just logical conclusions, based on mainstream science lies)?
Have you any real world observations of objects sometimes cloaking?
Proud member of İntikam's "Ignore List"
Ok. You proven you are unworthy to unignored. You proven it was a bad idea to unignore you. and it was for me a disgusting experience...Now you are going to place where you deserved and accustomed.
Quote from: SexWarrior
You accuse {FE} people of malice where incompetence suffice