A new Flat Earther
« on: January 16, 2019, 05:11:24 AM »
Hello,

I have recently been looking into and learning about the Flat Earth movement and all the relevant theories on the topic and have become intrigued by the information I have been finding. I found myself leaning more and more to the Flat Earth side, how ever one speed bump occurred to which I am hoping you will all be able to help me with. You see, I am an Australian how ever there are small sections within the Flat Earth community who have concluded that the country I have been born and raised in doesn't exist. Reading through the forums I have read that this is mostly like a small group of "Trolls" or "fringe" Flat Earthers just trying to cause some controversy how ever my question still remains. Australia is definitely an anomaly on the Flat Earth Model when I look at this such as Seasonal variances, distances to other locations and even the length of our days and nights.

I have found a lot of general information on the Flat Earth topic but be it that I am still new to the whole theory I am unable to connect these dots to what I am observing here in my country of Australia, so if anyone here could help me in my understanding of what I observe in relation to the Flat Earth theory pertaining to the aforementioned topics that would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
A hopeful new Flat Earther

Offline ElTrancy

• God help and forgive me
    • View Profile
Re: A new Flat Earther
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2019, 01:18:11 PM »
What you're asking for, requires a definitive map to answer. One that shows proper distances between areas, days and night lengths, seasons. Without this map the FEs couldn't fully answer this question. And they don't have a a definitive map. So let me just swing you on by to a little place called: Google maps. Distances? Check! Day and night? Check! Seasons? Well, that could easily be figured out.
Please fucking launch a mininuke at me, I've become hopelessly lost.

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2019, 01:34:04 PM »
I genuinely appreciate your response to the topic and I concur that on a globe model a lot of those answers (if not all) are answered, and I also agree that without any clearly defined Flat Earth model map I am unable to answer my questions adequately, that is why I have made this post to seek out those answers so I can greatly improve my understanding of the Flat Earth Model and the theories related to it.

Offline ElTrancy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2019, 01:37:27 PM »
Honestly, I don't think anybody can answer your question adequately. There is no map. They've told me multiple times that there is no use for a map, and using the resources to make one would be inefficient (it's not). The best answer I can give you? A flat earth map either has day and night cycles, seasons, or distances between places. One or the other, never two or three.

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2019, 01:41:14 PM »
Agreed, at best I have only been able to line up a few of these concepts on any possible variant of a Flat Earth at once, never all of them. I haven't spent as long as other researching the topic of the Flat Earth Theory and I truly want to gain as much knowledge as I can on this topic, so if I could even get a little insight into this topic from someone who sides strongly to the Flat Earth Model, I will be able to make a better conclusion. Thankyou for your time in responding and reaffirming some of the points needed for my conclusion to be drawn. :)

Offline ElTrancy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2019, 01:45:57 PM »
Try talking to Pete or Tom Bishop, they know quite a lot.

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2019, 01:48:40 PM »
Do I just wait for them to turn up here or message them? I am new to this board and I am aware that a place like this would be frequent for trolls so I just wanted to keep a low profile so I didn't cause any sort of commotion.

Offline ElTrancy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2019, 01:52:08 PM »
Do I just wait for them to turn up here or message them? I am new to this board and I am aware that a place like this would be frequent for trolls so I just wanted to keep a low profile so I didn't cause any sort of commotion.

I keep no low profile. I'd just wait for them, and go elsewhere until they respond. Hehe...I've almost been banned a few times but, ya know, not anymore!

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2019, 01:53:38 PM »
Living life on the edge I see (Only a bit of a pun intended) and okay will do, I'll just leave this open, hopefully the influx of replies on the post might draw some attention to it, thankyou for the assistance.