Offline markjo

• Zetetic Council runner-up
    • View Profile
Re: New BBCode
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2013, 05:32:06 PM »
The point is that you can mouse-over the abbreviation to see what it stands for. It seems the support for this code isn't very universal, as I first viewed this thread on my phone and didn't find the code to have that functionality on my browser.
That's probably because touch screen interfaces generally have a hard time properly generating mouse over events.  I could be wrong but it might have something to do with the lack of a mouse.
Abandon hope all ye who press enter here.

Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. -- Charles Darwin

If you can't demonstrate it, then you shouldn't believe it.

Offline Blanko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2013, 05:44:36 PM »
The point is that you can mouse-over the abbreviation to see what it stands for. It seems the support for this code isn't very universal, as I first viewed this thread on my phone and didn't find the code to have that functionality on my browser.
That's probably because touch screen interfaces generally have a hard time properly generating mouse over events.  I could be wrong but it might have something to do with the lack of a mouse.

Quality insight as always, markjo.

« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2013, 06:43:38 PM »
FES

This is a test.

EDIT:  Safari doesn't even show it differently.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 06:47:05 PM by Alchemist21 »
I don't even care to find out what you're doing wrong, but I'm sure you're doing something wrong.

Offline markjo

• Zetetic Council runner-up
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2013, 07:43:19 PM »

Quality insight as always, markjo.
Hey, I'm not the one complaining about not being able to mouse over on a phone.
Abandon hope all ye who press enter here.

Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. -- Charles Darwin

If you can't demonstrate it, then you shouldn't believe it.