College student with questions
« on: February 25, 2020, 01:32:53 AM »
Hi there! I am a college student and I am currently in a class where I must write a paper about a movement and I chose The Flat Earth Society, the reason is because other than knowing that you guys think the world is flat I knew nothing else about your beliefs or why you thought this way. After lurking around your website for a few days I think I have some sort of grasp on why you believe what you do and I respect your right to your opinion but I have one question I would like to ask you guys so here it is.

If the world is flat, then why would the government lie about it? I don't mean to come off as condescending and I get that the government lies all the time, like with the MK Ultra program or the weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, but I am genuinely curious about what the government would have to gain from such a lie and why every government would agree to such a huge lie. I'm curious as to what kind of insight you guys can give me because I quite honestly don't know the answer and I hope you can shed some light on this for me

Thank you in advance for any help with this you guys can give me!

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
Re: College student with questions
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2020, 01:34:28 AM »
From our perspective, you are expected to familiarise yourself with the basics before posting here.

From your college's perspective, this is your homework, not ours. Don't make your assignments our problem.

Locked.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume