Offline AATW

• View Profile
Re: An opportunity to prove NASA images are fake!
« Reply #80 on: February 15, 2019, 04:06:17 PM »
Your stating for the record you believe that CGI rendering (i.e., the movies Gravity, Avengers, Avatar, etc.) is done at once (i.e., all parts compiled for a singular shoot)?
I seriously doubt they sit there copying and pasting elements. If you were rendering the above you'd create the moon and earth parts as separate objects but when you rendered the final image you wouldn't render a moon part and an earth part and then copy and paste one on to the other. I'm no expert in this sort of thing, admittedly, but surely you'd get the computer to stitch things together for you.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

totallackey

« Reply #81 on: February 15, 2019, 04:13:15 PM »
Your stating for the record you believe that CGI rendering (i.e., the movies Gravity, Avengers, Avatar, etc.) is done at once (i.e., all parts compiled for a singular shoot)?
I seriously doubt they sit there copying and pasting elements. If you were rendering the above you'd create the moon and earth parts as separate objects but when you rendered the final image you wouldn't render a moon part and an earth part and then copy and paste one on to the other. I'm no expert in this sort of thing, admittedly, but surely you'd get the computer to stitch things together for you.
Please be clear and unambiguous (I am no expert either).

Is it all rendered at once or not?

Offline ChrisTP

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 15, 2019, 04:21:29 PM »
Please be clear and unambiguous (I am no expert either).

Is it all rendered at once or not?
For movies you get the original render then maybe some play in something like Adobe AfterEffects, but I don't think in this instance, if NASA wanted to make still images, that they would render everything separately then Photoshop it together. For a still image, everything would just be rendered in that shot. It would be a huge waste of time to render all the objects in a scene separately then stitch them together afterward.

If for example that were to happen (lets say I wanted to render the land of the moon then the earth separately and save them as different layers in photoshop so that I could play with the contrast or hue or whatever of the separate elements) you wouldn't see that rectangle around the earth because the earth would have been rendered with a transparent background, as would the moon. With a transparent background I have no need to mask anything in or out for my edits. :)

This post was aimed at AATW too. ^^
« Last Edit: February 15, 2019, 04:26:41 PM by ChrisTP »
Tom is wrong most of the time. Hardly big news, don't you think?

Offline jcks

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 15, 2019, 04:26:40 PM »
NASA relseased the image and then edited it out, as they always do when their fraud is exposed. It doesn't appear in all images.

Whoever put together that image did not indicate which version of the image they used for the left hand version. I find that it is more embarrassing that you did research the matter and find the source of the image.

Their fraud is still on the WayBackMachine, and is easily found.

http://lroc.sese.asu.edu is an official LROC website. NASA's logo is at the bottom of the page.

Image Link: https://web.archive.org/web/20170422035122/http://lroc.sese.asu.edu/ptif/download_file?fName=Earth_and_Limb_M1199291564L_color_2stretch_20151211_141513.tif

Warning: Very Large Image

I downloaded the image and adjusted the levels in Paint.net and...

This is the image after they had already manipulated it to include the color version of the globe. Doing this on the original image where the contrast is unaltered shows no square around the earth.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 15, 2019, 04:47:04 PM »
First you guys were ranting that the photo was obviously faked, and now you are claiming that it was photoshopped by NASA!

Lets put aside that the versions of the photo do not show what you claim occurred, and lets also put aside that NASA clearly edited it out in the current version.

You failed at your image analysis. It was photoshopped. You are jokes. You clearly unqualified to tell us what is and is not a Photoshop, and what does and does not qualify as Photoshop analysis, and what would and would not qualify as a test of that Photoshop analysis.

There is zero reason to trust you. You are not good researchers, are dishonest and incompetent with your conclusions, and clearly only care about "proving" one thing.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2019, 04:56:58 PM by Tom Bishop »

Offline ChrisTP

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 15, 2019, 05:02:09 PM »
No Tom, you presented two different versions of the same photo in a 'meme' that said heres a photo, heres that same photo with exposure upped. But those images weren't the same version. It's fair enough in the end you provided the actual sources of the images which were shown to be photoshopped, at which point, along with the source images, is an explanation of the edit.

I didn't fail at that, you failed to provide the original source image. The meme was in fact faulty... That's why I asked you to cite the source which you did. You can't say "haha you noticed there was a difference with the two images being claimed to be the same image, so you aren't qualified!!!"  ::)

Anyway I'm on you side here Tom, I'm willing to analyse these images with you but as I stated before, you need to provide the original images, not faulty memes.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2019, 05:05:53 PM by ChrisTP »

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 15, 2019, 05:14:23 PM »
No Tom, you presented two different versions of the same photo in a 'meme' that said heres a photo, heres that same photo with exposure upped. But those images weren't the same version. It's fair enough in the end you provided the actual sources of the images which were shown to be photoshopped, at which point, along with the source images, is an explanation of the edit.

I didn't fail at that, you failed to provide the original source image. The meme was in fact faulty... That's why I asked you to cite the source which you did. You can't say "haha you noticed there was a difference with the two images being claimed to be the same image, so you aren't qualified!!!"  ::)

Anyway I'm on you side here Tom, I'm willing to analyse these images with you but as I stated before, you need to provide the original images, not faulty memes.

When I posted the image I heard calls that I didn't look at the original image, and that if I was a better researcher I would see that it was clearly faked.

No. You are the bad researchers. Those NASA analysis' are not faked. The original image shows that it was edited. The embarrassment is on your end, for talking out of your rear without researching the matter for truth, which is what the defense of RET amounts to. You can easily research these claims to find out the matter for yourself. That meme is not the only discussion of this. But you would rather deny and make excuses and accusations without demonstrating those accusations.

Now you claim, with the same level of supposition, that the photo was edited, but that it was honestly edited, despite you not having done the proper amount of legwork to demonstrate that. This is why you guys cannot be trusted at all. You do not properly research your claims and make random statements without demonstrating the knowledge to back up those statements.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2019, 05:28:15 PM by Tom Bishop »

Offline ChrisTP

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 15, 2019, 05:26:12 PM »
The meme is like me doing this;

I guess the photos of Tom is faked and tom isn't real because I upped the exposure and can see an outline around him. Here is a side by side, the normal photo and the one with the exposure values upped. See that outline?

Well, the outline isn't actually in the first image... The meme is purposefully misrepresenting data, I saw that, I pointed it out, while also asking to cite the source so I could see for myself.

I'm not trying to trick you here tom, of course, I had originally no idea where they got the original photos from so how could I test it vs the source? I couldn't. Once you gave the source I could update my own sources information, since before you and the meme were the source of information.

Anyway, as you can clearly see from the website, even though the actual photoshopped image is in fact photoshopped, it is also stated why so there is no fowl play from "NASA". But there was fowl play from NASA haters.

Can you provide any other images where things may have been secretively faked by NASA to trick people? I'd be happy to see them.

EDIT: Also apologies if you find the image of you being used as offensive, I just used it as an example, not to deface you in any way.

« Last Edit: February 15, 2019, 05:29:32 PM by ChrisTP »

Offline jcks

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 15, 2019, 05:55:11 PM »

When I posted the image I heard calls that I didn't look at the original image, and that if I was a better researcher I would see that it was clearly faked.

No. You are the bad researchers. Those NASA analysis' are not faked. The original image shows that it was edited. The embarrassment is on your end, for talking out of your rear without researching the matter for truth, which is what the defense of RET amounts to. You can easily research these claims to find out the matter for yourself. That meme is not the only discussion of this. But you would rather deny and make excuses and accusations without demonstrating those accusations.

Now you claim, with the same level of supposition, that the photo was edited, but that it was honestly edited, despite you not having done the proper amount of legwork to demonstrate that. This is why you guys cannot be trusted at all. You do not properly research your claims and make random statements without demonstrating the knowledge to back up those statements.

That's because you didn't initially present the original image, you presented a facebook image that had a faulty before/after premise. Only after that image was shown to be false did you present the image you ACTUALLY were talking about, which itself was shown not to even be the original.

You are being deliberately disingenuous.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 15, 2019, 06:23:22 PM »
You can reverse image search, you can search for  terms such as NASA Earthrise Fake. Easy to figure out. No excuses for bad research and bad conclusions.

Offline ChrisTP

• View Profile
« Reply #90 on: February 15, 2019, 06:34:17 PM »
You can reverse image search, you can search for  terms such as NASA Earthrise Fake. Easy to figure out. No excuses for bad research and bad conclusions.
and you could have presented the correct images in question. It doesn't matter anyway, there's a reason for the edit and it was no secret, they were very open about adding a little brightness to the photo.

In the end, I asked to see the original and you didn't even think to do so. You blindly trusted that incorrect meme as much as you complain that people blindly trust NASAs data. At least NASA are open about what they Photoshop, what's an artist's depiction etc. You blindly trusted that meme just as you blindly dismiss NASA as frauds and that is the original point.

Anyway the claim was the earth was photoshopped into the image, but it was merely a contrast boost and an explanation was already given by the people who took the photo. Move onto another photo, state the claim and cite the source.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2019, 06:40:32 PM by ChrisTP »

Offline jcks

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 15, 2019, 06:40:34 PM »

Why would I need to do that when you already provided the image? I tested your evidence as is. Your source was flawed and I suspect you knew that.

You have also failed to address the point of the *actual* original image (unaltered contrast) not showing any signs of the square around the earth after overexposing it.

Offline BillO

• Huh?
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 16, 2019, 01:56:42 AM »
Tom has set loose a strawman and you guys are chasing it around.  This thread has now drifted beyond recognition.

I would think most of the RE crowd around here is well aware that NASA make composite images and are not suspicious of their intent in doing that.  The components of those composite images are real images.  Who cares if the resultant image is a composite?  It does not mean that those composites do not represent real situations or that all their published images have been 'faked' or misrepresented, or even manipulated in any way.  Given the the state of the art of imaging technology and what they can actually afford to put into space, it seems totally reasonable to me that the only way to demonstrate some situations is by combining separately recorded images.  One reason might be the dynamic range of the available image sensors, another the number and types of lenses they can realistically bring to bear.

I think the FE community needs to think about their position on this.  It's one thing to think the earth is flat.  It is quite another to take upfront comments by NASA about one or two images and then apply those to everything they do and at the same time twist honest admission into blanket subterfuge.  The logical fallacy in that must be obvious to even the most dyed in the wool conspiracy theorist and your adamantly standing behind such a blatant logical fallacy just hurts your position rather than bolster it.

I'm actually not sure why there is even an argument here.  I'm pretty sure NASA do not collect image data or publish images to try to convince the FE community of anything.  I'd bet my last dollar on that.  You simply can't prove every image they publish is a fake and because of that you should probably stop insisting they are.
Quote from: Ironic Pete
I DO NOT NEED DATA, I'M PRETTY SURE I'M RIGHT!!!!

You think something is true, and that's good enough for you.

Please do not express unsubstantiated opinions about a subject you haven't bothered to study.

Offline TomFoolery

• Seeking truth, the flatter the better
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 16, 2019, 02:22:11 AM »
Tom has set loose a strawman and you guys are chasing it around.  This thread has now drifted beyond recognition.
What else is there to chase? We need something to chase  ;D ;D ;D