Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump
« Reply #10120 on: December 23, 2022, 08:15:46 AM »
Look, Sean Hannity is renowned for his fair and balanced approach to commentary, and I won't stand for this maligning of such an upstanding newsman any longer!  >o<

But...

If he comments on himself... Is it still fair and balanced?
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #10121 on: December 23, 2022, 02:46:47 PM »
Look, Sean Hannity is renowned for his fair and balanced approach to commentary, and I won't stand for this maligning of such an upstanding newsman any longer!  >o<

But...

If he comments on himself... Is it still fair and balanced?

Like Tom said, he never lied! He just... kinda... um... manipulated the facts to make sure everyone knew a nonexistent controversy... um... existed... so he could make sure his followers knew the truth!

He deserves an award!
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10122 on: December 24, 2022, 02:21:16 AM »
If Sean Hannity lied, lets see the statements side by side. He recently said that he didn't believe Sydney Powell's claims:

https://uproxx.com/viral/sean-hannity-didnt-believe-sidney-powell-voter-fraud-claims/

During a court hearing on Wednesday, before the case goes to jury trial in April, it was revealed that Hannity was asked if he bought the claims notorious Trump lawyer and Diet Dr. Pepper fanatic Sidney Powell had made about voter fraud, including on his own show.

“I didn’t believe it for a second,” Hannity replied under oath.

So for this to be a lie, where are the quotes showing that he did believe Sydney Powell's claims?

Rama Set

« Reply #10123 on: December 24, 2022, 06:09:55 AM »
If Sean Hannity lied, lets see the statements side by side. He recently said that he didn't believe Sydney Powell's claims:

https://uproxx.com/viral/sean-hannity-didnt-believe-sidney-powell-voter-fraud-claims/

During a court hearing on Wednesday, before the case goes to jury trial in April, it was revealed that Hannity was asked if he bought the claims notorious Trump lawyer and Diet Dr. Pepper fanatic Sidney Powell had made about voter fraud, including on his own show.

So for this to be a lie, where are the quotes showing that he did believe Sydney Powell's claims?

Please refer to reply #69 in this thread.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10124 on: December 24, 2022, 06:38:52 AM »

Please refer to reply #69 in this thread.

Reply #69 (i hope you were joking...)

No, no, FES has already decided that all this Russian hacking news is a hoax dreamed up by the Washington Post and willingly abetted by the rest of the media aimed at delegitimizing Trump's victory.  Keep up.

fwiw i think skepticism of these hacking claims is very reasonable (i'm guessing you do as well), i just don't get how such a large segment of the pop gets to adamant denial from healthy skepticism.

How do you get adamant denial from healthy skepticism?

I don't believe there is any evidence that Russia directed this particular hack. I haven't seen it. It's not like I'm denying evidence that is obviously there. There just hasn't been any. Just a general, "Trust us, we're the CIA!" I wonder how many people have fell for that in the past 60 years lol.

Anyway
Pretty sure someone already posted this:

“And in the state of Michigan, Republicans are moving in to investigate this software glitch called Dominion that actually changed thousands of votes from Trump to Biden,” Hannity exclaimed on Nov. 9. “They caught it. Now, the same software also, quote, ‘glitched’ in Georgia and was used in as many as 28 states, according to John Solomon.”

Seems like he believed it to me.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10125 on: December 26, 2022, 01:08:30 PM »
https://www.npr.org/2022/12/25/1145481615/busloads-of-migrants-dropped-off-at-kamala-harriss-home-on-christmas-eve

"This terrible crisis for border communities in Texas is a catastrophe of your own making," Abbott wrote in a letter to the president on Dec. 20. "These communities and the state are ill-equipped to do the job assigned to the federal government – house the thousands of migrants flooding into the country every day. With perilous temperatures moving into the area, many of these migrants are at risk of freezing to death on city streets."
He wrote, while sending them even farther north where it's colder.

Yeah, he doesn't actually care.  He just wants to look good for his voters.  I say Biden gives them all immediate citizenship and says "Thanks for the voters, Scott!"

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10126 on: December 27, 2022, 02:06:56 PM »
Anyway

“And in the state of Michigan, Republicans are moving in to investigate this software glitch called Dominion that actually changed thousands of votes from Trump to Biden,” Hannity exclaimed on Nov. 9. “They caught it. Now, the same software also, quote, ‘glitched’ in Georgia and was used in as many as 28 states, according to John Solomon.”

The full quote to that shows that he was searching for answers and seeking an investigation, not that he came to the answer and was calling fraud:

https://www.mediamatters.org/media/3921896

And in the state of Michigan, Republicans are moving in to investigate this software glitch called Dominion that actually changed thousands of votes from Trump to Biden. They caught it. Now, the same software also, quote, “glitched” in Georgia and was used in as many as 28 states, according to John Solomon. We need real answers. Why should we, as a country, be OK when that happened? And shouldn't we investigate it so that every American has confidence in the outcome?
« Last Edit: December 27, 2022, 02:16:32 PM by Tom Bishop »

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10127 on: December 27, 2022, 02:21:04 PM »
Anyway

The full quote to that shows that he was searching for answers and seeking an investigation, not that he came to the answer and was calling fraud:

And in the state of Michigan, Republicans are moving in to investigate this software glitch called Dominion that actually changed thousands of votes from Trump to Biden. They caught it. Now, the same software also, quote, “glitched” in Georgia and was used in as many as 28 states, according to John Solomon. We need real answers. Why should we, as a country, be OK when that happened? And shouldn't we investigate it so that every American has confidence in the outcome?

Yeah he was.  Thats almost literally what he said.

"Why shoud we, as a country, be ok when that happened?" -stating its a fact that it happened.
He's saying "these glitches happened and we should investigste them so we know who really won the election"

Rama Set

« Reply #10128 on: December 27, 2022, 02:26:58 PM »
Anyway

In his editorializing he failed to mention that he doubted the election was in question.  That’s what we call lying.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10129 on: December 27, 2022, 03:01:08 PM »
Anyway

"Why shoud we, as a country, be ok when that happened?" -stating its a fact that it happened.
He's saying "these glitches happened and we should investigste them so we know who really won the election"

Calling for an investigation and uncovering of answers is withholding judgement until an investigation can be conducted. In a court you are judged after the evidence is presented and the jury gives its verdict, not before. By calling for an investigation he is saying that he doesn't have the answers, and it needs to be investigated.

Ie: “Is Lord Dave a serial killer? We need answers. Everyone should be shocked by the eye witness claims. The claims need to be investigated.”

This is not calling you a serial killer. It is suggesting that it needs to be determined if you are one.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2022, 05:24:29 PM by Tom Bishop »

Rama Set

« Reply #10130 on: December 27, 2022, 03:50:44 PM »
:-*
Anyway

Calling for an investigation and uncovering of answers is withholding judgement until an investigation can be conducted. In a court you are judged after the evidence is presented and the jury gives its verdict, not before. By calling for an investigation he is saying that he doesn't have the answers, and it needs to be investigated.

Ie: “Is Lord Dave a serial killer? We need answers. Everyone should be shocked by the eye witness claims. The claims need to be investigated.”

This is not calling you a serial killer. It is suggesting that it needs to be determined if you are one.

He also doesn’t mention that this “glitch” was investigated and determined to be human error, confirming his belief that the election results were not in question. Because he is a liar.

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #10131 on: December 27, 2022, 04:03:58 PM »
I was just kidding earlier, but it seems as though Tom's position genuinely is that we can only go by Hannity outright declaring bluntly that it is his belief that the election was stolen. We can't interpret his words and actions in a reasonable manner. Only an outright declaration on his part is sufficient evidence.
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Rama Set

« Reply #10132 on: December 27, 2022, 04:10:35 PM »
I was just kidding earlier, but it seems as though Tom's position genuinely is that we can only go by Hannity outright declaring bluntly that it is his belief that the election was stolen. We can't interpret his words and actions in a reasonable manner. Only an outright declaration on his part is sufficient evidence.

Assuming that for Tom, sufficient evidence does not exist, seems reasonable.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #10133 on: December 27, 2022, 06:37:51 PM »
Tom’a position on pretty much anything is the one which panders most to his biases and worldview. The veracity with which he treats any evidence is dependent entirely on whether it confirms what he wants to believe. We can all be guilty of this of course, but he really turns it up to 11.
I’m just not sure if he really is as big a mess of Dunning-Kruger, confirmation bias and cognitive dissonance as he comes across or whether he does it for the troll or the intellectual exercise of defending the indefensible.
When it comes to the election, most people in the cult of Trump believe it was stolen simply because Trump said it was. One thing Trump is depressingly adept at is getting a lot of people to see him as their source of truth regardless of the evidence.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10134 on: December 27, 2022, 07:46:48 PM »
Anyway

Where did he say "was the election stolen?" ?
To put it in your analogy....

And in the state of Michigan, police are moving in to investigate a murderer that killed dozens of people. They caught him. Now, the same murderer as also ”appears to have murdered" in Georgia and in as many as 28 states, according to John Solomon. We need real answers. Why should we, as a country, be OK when murder happens? And shouldn't we investigate it so that every American can be safe from serial killers?"

At no point does he say "Did those machines glitch?" He states it as a fact.  Even saying it was caught doing it.
The investigation he wants is understood to be an investigation of how much rather than if.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10135 on: December 30, 2022, 08:37:08 PM »
https://www.npr.org/2022/12/30/1146215064/trumps-tax-returns-released

His reply.

The Democrats should have never done it, the Supreme Court should have never approved it, and it’s going to lead to horrible things for so many people. The great USA divide will now grow far worse. The radical, left Democrats have weaponized everything, but remember, that is a dangerous two-way street! The “Trump” tax returns once again show how proudly successful I have been and how I have been able to use depreciation and various other tax deductions as an incentive for creating thousands of jobs and magnificent structures and enterprises.

So yeah... long story short seems to be that he loses ALOT of money in his income but has so little or no income for those years.

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #10136 on: December 30, 2022, 09:29:53 PM »
"This is not what serious oversight looks like," a GOP aide told reporters, adding, "We're worried about a cycle of political retribution that might come from this and one that will make our politics even more divisive. We think folks will come to regret this. We think Democrats will come to regret this, and I think they may regret it sooner than they think."

Right, so they're going to point to this as "justification" for whatever stupid punitive thing they next come up with when they're in power, and I'm sure we'll see plenty of people smugly echoing this in agreement. "This is all the Democrats' fault for insisting that Trump's tax returns be public!" Never mind that if it wasn't this that Republicans used as justification, it would be something else, and if they couldn't find anything to use at all, they'd do it anyway and insist that having the power to do something is its own justification. Requiring presidential candidates to reveal their tax returns is not unreasonable. If someone wants to be the president of the United States, the most powerful person in the world, then yes, they should be financially transparent. It's simply not a big ask for someone who expects to be trusted with that kind of incredible power. Nobody is forcing anyone to run for president. If revealing their tax returns is something that a candidate is unwilling to do, then the very simple solution of not running for president is always open to them.

This shouldn't be a partisan issue. People of all political stripes should agree that requiring financial transparency from the president of the United States is a very good thing and should be the law. It's ludicrous that the Republicans' tribalism and blind loyalty to a former president is leading them to come down so hard on the clearly wrong side of a very, very simple issue.
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Offline markjo

• Zetetic Council runner-up
    • View Profile
« Reply #10137 on: December 30, 2022, 09:36:34 PM »
So yeah... long story short seems to be that he loses ALOT of money in his income but has so little or no income for those years.
Well, to be fair, Trump did donate pretty much all of his presidential income to various charities.  One of the few campaign promises that he actually kept.
Abandon hope all ye who press enter here.

Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. -- Charles Darwin

If you can't demonstrate it, then you shouldn't believe it.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10138 on: December 31, 2022, 09:56:31 AM »
Well, to be fair, Trump did donate pretty much all of his presidential income to various charities.  One of the few campaign promises that he actually kept.
???
My underatanding was he diverted his salary to other departments, not charities.

Offline markjo

• Zetetic Council runner-up
    • View Profile
« Reply #10139 on: December 31, 2022, 05:46:42 PM »
Either way, I'm sure that he's taking the tax write off.
Abandon hope all ye who press enter here.

Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. -- Charles Darwin

If you can't demonstrate it, then you shouldn't believe it.