Re: Coronavirus Vaccine and You
« Reply #120 on: May 06, 2021, 12:58:39 AM »
I have no issues with this.  Its no different than a digital drivers license, digital boarding passes, digital payment, etc...

Its basically big tech taking paper documentation (which you'd need to have on you) and making it a secure digital copy that officials will accept instead of a piece of paper you printed out.

Do you believe that there's going to be any specific benefits in enforcing vaccine passports? Do you see any issue with it at all?

Rama Set

« Reply #121 on: May 06, 2021, 01:18:54 AM »
Banning access to public spaces seems problematic to me. Banning access to private business, not so much. Especially something like air travel, which is a massive channel for transmission.

Offline Dr David Thork

• https://onlyfans.com/thork
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 06, 2021, 06:51:02 AM »
Banning access to public spaces seems problematic to me. Banning access to private business, not so much.

Do you think a restaurant should be able to ask you if you have HIV? What about Grinder? Do you think Grinder should be able to check if you have HIV? Do you think you should have to send an HIV passport to use Grinder or Tinder or any other dating service to sign up? They are private businesses. Do you think other people using the service should receive text messages from state backed phone apps telling them they have been near someone with HIV? Could be very useful information after a first date to keep you safe. Unlike coronavirus, HIV is life changing for most people.

Should schools test all the kids for HIV? Kids are forever picking up cuts and bruises.

Should you need an HIV passport to go into a night club or a bar? I mean, you could infect other patrons ... especially as many are intoxicated.

If the answer is "No Thork, my liberal panties are bunching because you'd be persecuting the gays" ... then we can agree your medical history is private, companies do not have a right to it and that is why doctors swear a Hippocratic oath.
Rate this post.      👍 6     👎 1

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 06, 2021, 06:58:02 AM »
Holy shit! How hard is this to understand?
You catch HIV from bumming, not from being coughed on by someone near you.
Stop with the false equivalence nonsense.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 06, 2021, 08:41:54 AM »
And so if you join Grinder ... an app designed to help you get bummed ... should you have an HIV passport? Its not a false equivalence at all.

You have two pandemics. One, far more deadly than the other, and yet all the focus is on persecuting people with a sniffle and not those who can give you a lethal meat injection.

Rama Set

« Reply #125 on: May 06, 2021, 09:01:06 AM »
I think private businesses shouldn’t be forced to serve anyone. The government shouldn’t contact me about a possible case contact unless there is two party consent. Seems really simple to me.

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 06, 2021, 09:24:24 AM »
I think private businesses shouldn’t be forced to serve anyone.

I'll give you a bit more time to think about that one.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 06, 2021, 10:21:54 AM »
And so if you join Grinder ... an app designed to help you get bummed ... should you have an HIV passport? Its not a false equivalence at all.
I still think that's a false equivalence. No-one is suggesting Covid passports for Tinder, or meeting up with friends. What individuals do is up to them.
If you were booking a place at a gay orgy then I'd think a clean bill of health would be a reasonable requirement.

I'm generally against Covid Passports by the way. I had my jab because I can see this sort of thing happening, overall don't think the vaccine is going to harm me and having it will probably make it easier for me to travel. I succumbed to peer pressure somewhat because it seemed like the pragmatic thing to do.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 06, 2021, 10:35:39 AM »
I still think that's a false equivalence. No-one is suggesting Covid passports for Tinder, or meeting up with friends. What individuals do is up to them.
??? Then why have we just spent months in lockdown?

No, you cannot just get on a train or go to work or meet in a pub. What you do as an individual is not up to you.

It is not a false equivalence to compare two pandemics where one results in health passports and the other does not. Businesses are literally looking to discriminate against me based on my health records. Maybe businesses should remove expensive disabled ramps and toilets and just ban those unable to prove they can walk? Or maybe every restaurant should demand you provide a stool sample in advance and get checked for campylobacter and salmonella before coming into their restaurant? Maybe you should be stopped and checked for verrucae at your local pool before getting in? And why just covid? Why not prove you don't have flu? That kills old people too.

Covid passports are this fucking shit again via the backdoor.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 06, 2021, 10:37:01 AM »
I think private businesses shouldn’t be forced to serve anyone. The government shouldn’t contact me about a possible case contact unless there is two party consent. Seems really simple to me.
Simple enough that this should be the litmus test, regardless of why service is denied.

We look forward to your next request for a wedding cake.
To be honest I am getting pretty bored of this place.

Rama Set

« Reply #130 on: May 06, 2021, 10:54:37 AM »
Simple enough that this should be the litmus test, regardless of why service is denied.

We look forward to your next request for a wedding cake.

I dont have a philisophical problem with not baking a cake for same sex couples if you don't want.

Offline J-Man

• "Let's go Brandon ! I agree" >Your President<
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 07, 2021, 09:11:02 PM »
What I like about Covid is not wearing a mask, not getting sick, not getting a jab and receiving a blood clot.  I did get a whole bunch of free money to party with the babes, hug and kiss at the bars, while dancing up a storm. Woot its been fun and now we get to watch Satan bring all these folks to the throne of God for Judgement. Burn Bitchez Burn

Vaccine, not even close !  Jesus is the only cure........
What kind of person would devote endless hours posting scientific facts trying to correct the few retards who believe in the FE? I slay shitty little demons.

Offline Iceman

• where there's smoke there's wires
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 07, 2021, 09:31:40 PM »
No, this is The Cure.

Offline J-Man

• "Let's go Brandon ! I agree" >Your President<
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 26, 2021, 03:58:29 PM »
First Jabber now DEAD...more Satan lovers to come. The shot is designed to kill...period !

We're sorry to hear of the death of Coventry Labour stalwart Bill Shakespeare. Bill made global headlines as 1st first man to have Covid vaccine. His decades of service to the party were recently recognised by @Keir_Starmer
. Our thoughts are with Joy and Bill's family & friends.
What kind of person would devote endless hours posting scientific facts trying to correct the few retards who believe in the FE? I slay shitty little demons.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 26, 2021, 04:07:09 PM »
81 year old man dies shock exclusive.
The jab took 6 months to kill him. It's not very effective a poison.

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
« Reply #135 on: May 26, 2021, 04:26:51 PM »
It does show what a waste of time and money.

He spent the last 6 months of his life locked away, unable to see his family and then died promptly afterwards. Why are we 'saving' these people again?

Rama Set

« Reply #136 on: May 26, 2021, 04:33:19 PM »

He spent the last 6 months of his life locked away, unable to see his family and then died promptly afterwards. Why are we 'saving' these people again?

Now please make sure you aren’t cherry picking anecdotes to suit your narrative by showing the numbers for all those who haven’t had adverse side effects.

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 26, 2021, 04:35:32 PM »

Now please make sure you aren’t cherry picking anecdotes to suit your narrative by showing the numbers for all those who haven’t had adverse side effects.
I didn't pick the anecdote. I'm just responding to the anecdote provided.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 26, 2021, 04:37:05 PM »

Overall I think our vaccine rollout has been one of the few things our idiot government have got right.
BUT...I agree that this obsession with vaccinating every single person is wrong.
But hey, he might have had another 10 years or more so I don't think that him being old should have been a reason for him not getting it.

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 26, 2021, 04:44:29 PM »

Apparently he had a stroke last year and "Mr Shakespeare, who had lived in Brownshill Green, was an inpatient on the hospital's frailty ward at the time of his first jab." That's why he was "locked away", as you say. And then had another stroke recently and died.

Are you saying we shouldn't waste vaccines on the old and frail and just let them perhaps catch covid and die on a respirator in a semi-coma?