Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump
« Reply #260 on: January 21, 2017, 12:14:01 AM »
I agree with SW and rama.  It's pretty normal for stuff from the old administration to be wiped.  Especially when it's such a radical shift in policy.  Likely it's being redesigned and new content put up but to make sure there's no confusion, it's removed until then.

Same thing with the POTUS twitter being archived and wiped.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: January 21, 2017, 04:33:54 AM »

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: January 21, 2017, 11:10:03 AM »
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/powerpost/wp/2017/01/20/interior-department-banned-from-twitter-after-retweet-of-smaller-than-usual-trump-inauguration-crowd/

tl;dr: The National Park Service decided to talk shit about their boss on Twitter and got slapped on the wrist. Alternatively, bad Nazi Trump is curbing free speech already.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: January 21, 2017, 12:59:21 PM »
I thought nobody takes Twitter seriously.
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

« Reply #264 on: January 21, 2017, 01:09:45 PM »
w0w you beat me to it, I came to this thread to post that exact article (instead of the OD one I saw my friend share on Facebook).

Anyway, it is a bit of a troubling precedent to set, don't you think? Not "bad Nazi Trump curbing free speech" bad, but... this kind of punishment is rather unAmerican. Obama never punished or whined about people who opposed him.

And, y'know, "talking shit" is a bit of a stretch. It's a couple of slightly unflattering but mostly harmless retweets--one noting a comparatively small inauguration crowd and one noting the whitehouse.gov story. They saw these tweets and pressed a button. It's not like some NPS employee typed up "Trump is a tremendous loser with no talent! Sad!"

I thought nobody takes Twitter seriously.

also this lol ^^^

« Reply #265 on: January 21, 2017, 01:18:31 PM »
Your employees still shouldn't be tweeting unflattering articles about their boss on official twitter accounts though

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: January 21, 2017, 06:19:03 PM »
Yeah, that's the thing. It's an official account. I think I'm being consistent here. If Trump posts silly shit as @realDonaldTrump, I reckon that's no big deal. If he starts posting stupid shit as @POTUS, that might change. Similarly, if the employees posted as themselves, I'd be all for it, but they chose to post as the National Park Service itself.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: January 21, 2017, 11:29:34 PM »
And now the media is saying the same thing and oh look, Trump says they're liars and horrible people while talking to reporters at the CIA telling them how great the CIA is.

2nd day and already he's fighting.  Nothing on twitter though.  No shit posting on either account so ... progress?
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline xasop

• Administrator
  • Professional computer somebody
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: January 22, 2017, 12:23:54 AM »
And now the media is saying the same thing and oh look, Trump says they're liars and horrible people

To be entirely fair, he's right.
when you try to mock anyone while also running the flat earth society. Lol

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: January 22, 2017, 02:01:36 AM »

« Reply #270 on: January 22, 2017, 03:06:57 AM »
I googled and couldn't find anything. Why would the Secret Service use magnetometers at the inauguration? What does that mean?

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: January 22, 2017, 10:31:20 AM »
http://money.cnn.com/2017/01/21/media/sean-spicer-press-secretary-statement/index.html

On the notion of denying reality.
Yeah, Norwegian media is reporting this too.  They have pictures, same exact angle, from Obama's first inauguration and Trump's.
https://www.nrk.no/urix/trump-angriper-media-og-sier-rekordmange-sa-innsettelsen-1.13335197

I googled and couldn't find anything. Why would the Secret Service use magnetometers at the inauguration? What does that mean?
Isn't that a fancy way of saying "metal detectors"?

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: January 22, 2017, 01:14:47 PM »
Pure speculation, but I'm pretty sure he means metal detectors.

« Reply #273 on: January 22, 2017, 02:23:20 PM »
Someone just needs to fire Sean Spicer. He's way too antagonistic with the press, is outright lying to the them, and trying to control the narrative by telling them what they should be covering. He's going to be unable to control the narrative at all when the press just stops listening to him because they can't trust what he says.

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: January 22, 2017, 03:13:23 PM »
He's way too antagonistic with the press, is outright lying to them, and trying to control the narrative by telling them what they should be covering.

Sounds like the perfect press secretary for our new president.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: January 22, 2017, 08:50:35 PM »
Earlier today I was going to comment that firing Spicer would probably lead to Kellyanne Conway taking the job, and that I'm not sure if that would be any better. I didn't, because I didn't think it would be very funny.

Now that alt-facts are a thing, I regret not having said it.

« Reply #276 on: January 22, 2017, 09:08:05 PM »
Earlier today I was going to comment that firing Spicer would probably lead to Kellyanne Conway taking the job, and that I'm not sure if that would be any better. I didn't, because I didn't think it would be very funny.

Now that alt-facts are a thing, I regret not having said it.

Honestly Kellyanne Conway would do better. The alt-facts stuff was to cover for Spicer, honestly, and Conway seems to be the only person who can handle the press in a Trump administration. She would've said something like "President Trump is working hard to bring jobs to Americans so that they can actually afford to show up to the inauguration." Or whatever.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: January 22, 2017, 10:04:57 PM »
It's amazing that this is now a thing.  Alternative Facts?  Really?  How the fuck do you even say that in a sentence with a straight face?

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: January 22, 2017, 11:35:25 PM »
It's amazing that this is now a thing.  Alternative Facts?  Really?  How the fuck do you even say that in a sentence with a straight face?
In fairness, in context it's pretty clear what she was trying to say. She was trying to suggest that he was presenting facts which backed an alternative narrative to that of the press, not that there is some mystical concept of alternative facts.

She's still almost certainly lying, but yeah.

« Reply #279 on: January 22, 2017, 11:50:59 PM »
in other news: guess who decided not to release his tax returns?  is anyone surprised?

i genuinely don't understand what could even be in there that he's worried about.  even if he somehow avoided his entire tax bill, doesn't that just fit the "don't hate me because i'm savvy" narrative he's already asserted?  i can't imagine how it could really affect his popularity/ratings one way or another.
I have visited from prestigious research institutions of the highest caliber, to which only our administrator holds with confidence.