[sorry, i wrote this question in someone elses thread before realizing I could start my own thread]

Why doesnt anyone (with a small amount of money) organize to fly a drone plane over the South pole, heading due south (for as long as it can fly) ?
this would rest the lid on whether flat earth people are correct or not.
Surely its not much of an investment between some flat earth people who have some private funds.
its a drone, so there is no risk to human health.
and CCTV will record the entire thing  ;)
PS:  if anyone reads this and gets an idea, then PLEASE DONT USE FISH EYE LENS CAMERAS !!!! as it really distrots (bends) the horizon and important features.
if a group of similar minded people do this, then they could also do and fund a Rocket launch (maybe 70 miles high) to proove/disprove flat-earth.
 and again, DONT USE A FISH EYE LENS!!!!
Go Pro cameras suck because they are not realistic. (they BEND and give a false horizon).

anyway,, so why doesnt anyone do the remote control drone plane over Antartica Due South ?
really.. that would be the icing on the cake !
such a simple idea.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 06:21:56 AM by jessiejames »

Offline Rounder

• What in the Sam Hill are you people talking about?
    • View Profile
Re: Why not fly a Remote Control Drone Plane (due south) over Antartica?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2016, 03:04:57 PM »
I answered you in the other thread before seeing that you posted this as its own thread.  My answer:

why doesnt anyone (with a small amount of money) organize to fly a drone over the South pole, heading due south (for as long as it can fly) ?
First off, it isn't a "small amount of money".  Travel to the region could easily cost upwards of $40,000. 

Second, while drones are allowed there are rules, one of which is you must recover the craft.  This means you would not be allowed to simply fly south until it dies, unless your machine has the range (both flight range and radio transmitter range) to actually cross to the other side of the continent (round earth assumption) for recovery.  I don't think any drones can do that yet.  (Another rule prevents flying over the pole itself, to prevent crashing there, but a flight nearby should satisfy the challenge.).

Third, even if such a flight were completed, with full HD video and a GPS track the whole way, the wiki itself says "In general, we at the Flat Earth Society do not lend much credibility to photographic evidence. It is too easily manipulated and altered....With this litany of problems, it's easy to see why photographic evidence is not to be trusted."  If the video is likely to be rejected a priori, why should anybody (on either side) bother going to the effort and expense of shooting it in the first place?

And fourth, a reason that will sound harsh but I include for the sake of completing the list: of those people who even know there is a modern Flat Earth viewpoint, the vast majority believe it to be either fake (internet trolls pretending to believe) or folly.  Very few outside this forum take the Flat Earth viewpoint seriously, certainly not to the level of spending time and money to prove it wrong.  The rest of the world considers the matter settled by thousands of years, and if a modern person doesn't believe round earth already, one more piece of evidence is unlikely to change that.
Proud member of İntikam's "Ignore List"
Ok. You proven you are unworthy to unignored. You proven it was a bad idea to unignore you. and it was for me a disgusting experience...Now you are going to place where you deserved and accustomed.
Quote from: SexWarrior
You accuse {FE} people of malice where incompetence suffice

Offline nametaken

• ͡ ͡° ͜ ʖ ͡ ͡°
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2016, 05:54:00 AM »
Pretty sure I literally just answered this here. Granted, you have the right idea, circumference and AA is the way to go... but you're better off trying to find bigfoot. At least the USGov (and others) won't try to kill you, there...
The Flat Earth Society has members all around the Globe
[H]ominem unius libri timeo ~Truth is stranger.

Offline rabinoz

• Just look South at the Stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2016, 12:17:23 AM »
Pretty sure I literally just answered this here. Granted, you have the right idea, circumference and AA is the way to go... but you're better off trying to find bigfoot. At least the USGov (and others) won't try to kill you, there...
What evidence do you have (outside FE conspiracy ideas) the the USGov (and others) might try to kill you, there...?

Numerous private people have visited and trekked Antarctica to and beyond the South Pole itself.

Others take the easy route!

High on the plateau, at the South Pole, however, the average wind speed is typically less than 14 km per hour, with the peak winds rarely over 40 km per hour.
At times it can be clear, sunny and very chilly! As in the picture pn the right of tourists at the South Pole.

But he weather in Antarctica certainly suffers extremes!

The highest temperature ever recorded at the Amundsen-Scott South Pole Station was −12.3 °C (9.9 °F) on Christmas Day, 2011, and the lowest was −82.8 °C (−117.0 °F) on June 23, 1982

At times it is positively treacherous!

On the right is Robert Scott and his expedition at the South Pole.
He and all of his polar team died on their way back from the Pole in 1912!  They were trapped by a blizzard till they ran out of fuel for heating.

from: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terra_Nova_Expedition
Scott's party at the South Pole, 18 January 1912. L to R: (standing) Wilson, Scott, Oates; (seated) Bowers, Edgar Evans

Offline BlueMoon

• NASA Defender
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2016, 09:29:10 PM »
[sorry, i wrote this question in someone elses thread before realizing I could start my own thread]

Why doesnt anyone (with a small amount of money) organize to fly a drone plane over the South pole, heading due south (for as long as it can fly) ?
Surely its not much of an investment between some flat earth people who have some private funds.
its a drone, so there is no risk to human health.
and CCTV will record the entire thing  ;)
PS:  if anyone reads this and gets an idea, then PLEASE DONT USE FISH EYE LENS CAMERAS !!!! as it really distrots (bends) the horizon and important features.
if a group of similar minded people do this, then they could also do and fund a Rocket launch (maybe 70 miles high) to proove/disprove flat-earth.
 and again, DONT USE A FISH EYE LENS!!!!
Go Pro cameras suck because they are not realistic. (they BEND and give a false horizon).

anyway,, so why doesnt anyone do the remote control drone plane over Antartica Due South ?
really.. that would be the icing on the cake !
such a simple idea.

You're better off just looking at polar satellite imagery, because most of them cross the south pole every 90 minutes. 
Aerospace Engineering Student
NASA Enthusiast
Round Earth Advocate
More qualified to speak for NASA than you are to speak against them

Offline Round fact

• Science and math over opinion
    • View Profile
    • Starflight Publishing
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2016, 10:02:24 PM »

the USGov kills people attempting to get Antartica?

Well someone better tell this group http://www.marathontours.com/index.cfm?pid=10734

And this company http://www.expeditions.com/destinations/antarctica/

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2016, 06:40:23 PM »

Well someone better tell this group http://www.marathontours.com/index.cfm?pid=10734

You realise that anyone can make a website about virtually anything they want, and that "I saw it on the Internet!!!" is not an acceptable piece of evidence, right?

Hey, look, here's a website. It's on the Internet, therefore all these Shell ads must be real!
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline Round fact

• View Profile
    • Starflight Publishing
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2016, 07:17:24 PM »

You realise that anyone can make a website about virtually anything they want, and that "I saw it on the Internet!!!" is not an acceptable piece of evidence, right?

Hey, look, here's a website. It's on the Internet, therefore all these Shell ads must be real!

As a runner I know for a fact that the site for running full and half marathons on Antartica is real, because I know runners that have those taken part in those races.

But hey they are in on the secret too, and that makes them liars. Got it. All Physicist, all surveyors, all pilots, all ship navigators and captains, all sailboat owners, all math and science teachers in every country on the planet. They are ALL in on it. Got it.

Offline Rounder

• What in the Sam Hill are you people talking about?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2016, 07:36:35 PM »

Guess ya'll better quit sending us to the Wiki then.
Proud member of İntikam's "Ignore List"
Ok. You proven you are unworthy to unignored. You proven it was a bad idea to unignore you. and it was for me a disgusting experience...Now you are going to place where you deserved and accustomed.
Quote from: SexWarrior
You accuse {FE} people of malice where incompetence suffice

Offline Round fact

• View Profile
    • Starflight Publishing
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2016, 07:38:28 PM »

I bow before the Master. I wish I'd thought of that

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2016, 07:46:45 PM »
Please, at least get your y'alls right. You'll look ever so slightly less idiotic.

But no, you see, what matters about the Wiki is its content. It's not true because it's on the Internet. It's true because of the arguments it poses. The links "Round fact" provided us with state outright that certain groups exist - they do not posit any basis for an argument.

But hey they are in on the secret too, and that makes them liars. Got it. All Physicist, all surveyors, all pilots, all ship navigators and captains, all sailboat owners, all math and science teachers in every country on the planet. They are ALL in on it. Got it.
Nah, you're just lying because you think people on the Internet will take you seriously if you do. You'll grow out of it in a few years.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 07:50:10 PM by SexWarrior »

Offline Round fact

• View Profile
    • Starflight Publishing
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2016, 07:52:59 PM »
Please, at least get your y'alls right. You'll look ever so slightly less idiotic.

But no, you see, what matters about the Wiki is its content. It's not true because it's on the Internet. It's true because of the arguments it poses. The links "Round fact" provided us with state outright that certain groups exist - they do not posit any basis for an argument.

Nope FE Wiki has, on these boards been shredded, with math and geometry and science. You on the other hand made a blanket statement about the links I posted without one shred of evidence that they are fake.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2016, 08:03:03 PM »
Nope FE Wiki has, on these boards been shredded, with math and geometry and science.
lol

You on the other hand made a blanket statement about the links I posted without one shred of evidence that they are fake.
I didn't say they're fake, I said they're worthless. They are of no value to the argument, since they provide no testable content. They merely state that things exist - whether or not they actually do is a completely separate matter.

Offline Unsure101

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2016, 09:27:54 PM »
Nope FE Wiki has, on these boards been shredded, with math and geometry and science.
lol

You on the other hand made a blanket statement about the links I posted without one shred of evidence that they are fake.
I didn't say they're fake, I said they're worthless. They are of no value to the argument, since they provide no testable content. They merely state that things exist - whether or not they actually do is a completely separate matter.

Sounds exactly like the FE wiki to me. Magic acceleration, shadow moon objects, aether, firmaments. All without a shred of evidence.

Offline Round fact

• View Profile
    • Starflight Publishing
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2016, 09:35:39 PM »
lol

There are ways to validate the voracity of a website. Snopes for one. Another is to Google Antartica Trip Scams. ZERO hits.

But you keep living at Hogwarts and believing in Middle Earth

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2016, 10:12:00 PM »
There are ways to validate the voracity of a website. Snopes for one. Another is to Google Antartica Trip Scams. ZERO hits.
So your idea to validate a website is to look for another website that confirms it. What's there to stop me from launching two websites? Do things become true once I wrote about them on two websites? No? How about three? A hundred?

Recommended reading: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argumentum_ad_populum (do note the flat Earth reference in that article - it's true! Just because many people used to believe the Earth is flat does not mean that it is).
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 10:14:11 PM by SexWarrior »

Offline Round fact

• View Profile
    • Starflight Publishing
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2016, 10:21:53 PM »
So your idea to validate a website is to look for another website that confirms it. What's there to stop me from launching two websites? Do things become true once I wrote about them on two websites? No? How about three? A hundred?

Recommended reading: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argumentum_ad_populum

So people can set up sites to cover the lies of other websites, but the ABSENCE of complaints about fake websites is not proof that links for booking trips to Antartica is real.

You understand you are not real. Someone has hacked your unreality to fake the unreal unyou online. So all your post are all unreal and unbelievable.

Yet you believe FET Wiki. You need help.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2016, 10:34:58 PM »
the ABSENCE of complaints about fake websites is not proof that links for booking trips to Antartica is real.
Correct.

You understand you are not real. Someone has hacked your unreality to fake the unreal unyou online. So all your post are all unreal and unbelievable.
Aaand now you're babbling. Congratuations!

Are you capable of presenting an argument that isn't a fallacy?

Offline Round fact

• View Profile
    • Starflight Publishing
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2016, 12:05:41 PM »
the ABSENCE of complaints about fake websites is not proof that links for booking trips to Antartica is real.
Correct.

Of course I present good arguments or make sarcastic remarks about your cherry picked "proofs," I am a writer.

Your argument comes down to YOUR links are gold and everyone else's are at best unreliable.  And you can't defend even that.

Wiki FE HAS been shredded. and your response is "LOL"

Online booking for lights from Sydney to Chile  are declared fake. No proof they are, but declared fake ONLY because such flights shred FE.

And the fact that there are no online sites complaining about flight scams or Antartica trip scams are still not, in your La La Land, proof that such trips and flights are NOT scams?

Your view;

1. Online sites for booking Antartica Trips are scams, as anyone can build a website.

2. The lack websites saying online booking of Antartica Trips are not proof that point 1 is false.

3. You don't believe there would be an out cry over sites/organizations that promise a service but don't deliver.  Me? If I wanted to run that Antarctic Half Marathon and saved up $12+ grand and couldn't get a booking, I be pissed off and start checking, then start talking to the media and posting every place I could. And I would NOT be alone, every runner I know would join me. It'd be all over the news in DAYS.

I understand, you need to believe even if it means ignoring all common sense and math and geometry and history and well everything that is real.

« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2016, 12:45:27 PM »
Correct.

Are you capable of adding to the topic of discussion, instead of nitpicking semantics, making fun of people's spelling abilities, and just general trolling?

You reek of pretend-to-be FE'er, and reading things like "you'll grow out of it" is hilarious coming from a puppy like yourself.
Ignored by Intikam since 2016.