« Reply #500 on: June 23, 2014, 08:55:50 PM »
I'm a fan of Richard Dean Anderson

Play Fallout.

Ghost of V

Re: Just Watched
« Reply #501 on: June 23, 2014, 09:16:29 PM »

Play Fallout.

I've played all of them with the exception of the Fallout: Tactics because it looked shitty.

Offline Crudblud

• A Moist Delectable Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: June 23, 2014, 10:30:41 PM »

Play Fallout.

I've played all of them with the exception of the Fallout: Tactics because it looked shitty.

It's worth a look if you like X-COM type squad tactics games, but it's nowhere near as good.

« Reply #503 on: June 24, 2014, 06:20:01 AM »
I don't know whether to go see Transformers 4 or not. I know it's probably going to be shit but I need to see it for myself to find out.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: June 24, 2014, 10:19:35 AM »
I decided to watch Stargate: SG-1 because I'm a fan of Richard Dean Anderson.  I fell asleep about half-way through the pilot. I was a bit disappointed that they didn't convince James Spader to stay as Daniel Jackson, because James Spader plays a much more convincing absent-minded professor.

Anyone else a fan of this series?
I am.
The first season sucks.  It gets much better, trust me.

Also, I find Michael shanks to be better at the role.  Especially later on.  It jus takes a while for the show to figure out what it wants to do.
The last season sucks.(last two maybe). But the Arc of Truth is good. (End movie 1)
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #505 on: June 24, 2014, 02:28:25 PM »
I don't know whether to go see Transformers 4 or not. I know it's probably going to be shit but I need to see it for myself to find out.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/transformers_age_of_extinction/

Yes, it's shit.  No viewing is required.

Ghost of V

« Reply #506 on: June 24, 2014, 04:40:25 PM »
I decided to watch Stargate: SG-1 because I'm a fan of Richard Dean Anderson.  I fell asleep about half-way through the pilot. I was a bit disappointed that they didn't convince James Spader to stay as Daniel Jackson, because James Spader plays a much more convincing absent-minded professor.

Anyone else a fan of this series?
I am.
The first season sucks.  It gets much better, trust me.

Also, I find Michael shanks to be better at the role.  Especially later on.  It jus takes a while for the show to figure out what it wants to do.
The last season sucks.(last two maybe). But the Arc of Truth is good. (End movie 1)

I watched it a bit more last night. Everything you're saying is consistent with what I've read about the series. Shanks is starting to grow on me a bit, but I still prefer Spader. It'll be interesting to watch Shanks transform Daniel into his own character instead of a poor imitation of Spader's performance.

« Reply #507 on: June 24, 2014, 07:34:34 PM »

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/transformers_age_of_extinction/

Yes, it's shit.  No viewing is required.

Usually the ratings go down over time, but it's risen from 50% to 57%. That suggests it's shit enough to not bother watching since I usually don't bother with movies below 60, but I'm still undecided. I might work around paying for it. Can't believe it goes for 160 minutes though, what the fuck were they thinking?

Offline Foxbox

• We live inside a dream.
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: June 26, 2014, 04:30:20 PM »
True Detective

Watch it, because it's fucking great.

Offline Crudblud

• A Moist Delectable Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: June 26, 2014, 05:12:02 PM »
Went to see Richard Wilson in a performance (public dress rehearsal) of Beckett's Krapp's Last Tape at the Crucible theatre last night. Aside from what I would call an over-accentuation of comedy during the silent opening, it was a damn fine performance. Wilson really communicates the isolation and misery of Krapp, but also offers up an almost sprightly counter-performance as the voice of his younger self, though tinged with a sense of denial that tells of the man he is to become. The direction and set design are very well done, it's in the round and the set is a closed-in room, amplified, on a very slowly rotating platform, the use of light and sound to convey things not said is very effective.

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #510 on: June 28, 2014, 04:36:19 AM »
I have watched Celebration Day.  Sneer about dadrock all you like, but it was great.

Ghost of V

« Reply #511 on: June 28, 2014, 06:11:32 AM »
Just watched The Big Lebowski. It was strange. I don't know if I liked it.

« Reply #512 on: June 28, 2014, 07:25:51 AM »

Well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

It's a film for fans of their movies, a cult film.

« Reply #513 on: June 28, 2014, 12:41:20 PM »

Watch it again.

Ghost of V

« Reply #514 on: June 28, 2014, 04:41:13 PM »
I thought The Big Lebowski was a pretentious film. It tried too hard to be funny and seems like it was made solely so people would call it a cult film. It was trying to be weird and unique, but just ended up too try-hard and unfunny for my tastes.

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #515 on: June 28, 2014, 06:47:28 PM »
The Mastery.

« Reply #516 on: June 29, 2014, 01:23:32 AM »
They didn't make it to be a cult film, it just became a cult film. They made it purely as a Coen brothers movie, if that makes any sense.

Offline rooster

• View Profile
« Reply #517 on: June 29, 2014, 02:40:56 AM »
It makes sense to me.

I love The Big Lebowski. His jellies crack me up every time because I had a pink pair as a child and they could pinch something awful.

« Reply #518 on: July 14, 2014, 10:49:47 PM »
I watched the first episode of Extant. It seemed pretty dull.

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #519 on: July 16, 2014, 04:13:07 AM »