A speech about Flat Earth
« on: September 10, 2019, 11:02:26 AM »
Hi, I'm a year eleven in high school in New Zealand. Our upcoming assessment for English class is to make a speech to inform our audience of something. I chose to do mine as pro-flat earth, arguing the fact that its true. If anyone can give ideas and help out with the content in my three paragraph speech i'd love to hear them!

Thanks in advance! :D

Edit: Just to be more precise, it is a speech to inform and pursuade my audience of the flat earth. I don't want to try cover the more complex things to explain as I have a maximum time limit of six minutes.

I'm also okay with adding more paragraphs as I understand that there is too much to fit into just three paragraphs if I am to get my point across to my audience effectively.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 10:06:00 PM by Neverseen »

Offline Plank

• View Profile
Re: A speech about Flat Earth
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2019, 04:00:02 PM »
I can't really help you out with this, but I would think if you checked the wiki you might find it quite useful in your speech

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2019, 04:09:37 PM »
There is a bit too much content to fit into three paragraphs. You would need to summarize a lot. What are you trying to accomplish?

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2019, 09:54:42 PM »
There is a bit too much content to fit into three paragraphs. You would need to summarize a lot. What are you trying to accomplish?

Personally i'd like to have a couple paragraphs dedicated to ideas on their own, and perhaps one or two just for extra bits of knowledge. I've also updated my original post in an edit to be more precise, if it helps.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2019, 10:53:20 AM »
I don't want to try cover the more complex things to explain as I have a maximum time limit of six minutes.
Sounds to me like you should start with the FAQ. If you have any specific questions, please ask them in dedicated threads, providing detail of what you're trying to find out.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline obiba

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2019, 04:41:20 PM »
 All Nasa pictures are retouched and that was said by the Nasa.
They also said that they cant pass the Van Allen belt, so how comes they went to the moon.

Their is two registrated flihgts in which an accident occured so the plane had to land urgently and change his trajectory. What resulted from it is that if we compare the distances between the planned destinations towns and the emergency landing towns, we can see that on a globe pattern, the distance is longer from the point of changement of trajectory by the plane to the emergency landing towns but shorter on the flat earth pattern compare to the planned destinations towns.
there is no flight almost on the south hemisphere between continent, why? Economicly it is not the good choice.

The astronauts always have the rising sun from the front on the horizon, never have they seen the sun rising from behind!!!!

No one cross or crossed throught the antarctica for shorter distances destinations.
In antarctica the sun doesnt turn around your head in summer like in arctica.
Captain Cook tried to float around antarctica twice,

https://wiki.tfes.org/Michelson-Morley_Experiment

By sun observation you can see him growing when coming closer then then leaving he shrinked.
By simple perspective analysis on the sun and his rays.

They aint able to show us our planet 24H live in full size from space and so its credible and not an avengers film.

The needle from a compas is showing the center.

There is a lot more, take years to figure everything out, good luck!