Offline AATW

• View Profile
Virgin Galactic
« on: August 10, 2023, 08:52:11 PM »
So, years later than advertised, Virgin Galactic is finally open for business.
They had some test flight a few months back and they've just completed their first "space tourist" flight

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-66468628

Obviously this is still prohibitively expensive for "normal" people, but are there any FE thoughts about this or plans for a crowdfunding to get an FE. Here's the press conference:

Any thoughts on these people. Are they actors? Did they really go on the trip they claimed? None of them mention "the curve", interestingly. Is this a real business or is it being faked?
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline Action80

• View Profile
Re: Virgin Galactic
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2023, 12:52:21 PM »
"I went to space today!" - uttered by everyone currently alive, as it is necessary to occupy something.

"I went to space today (implying "OUTER", while uttering the phrase)," uttered by numerous liars over the years.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2023, 07:04:59 PM by Action80 »
To be honest I am getting pretty bored of this place.