Offline Rounder

• What in the Sam Hill are you people talking about?
    • View Profile
Re: FET's Credit Score
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2017, 03:55:41 PM »
To be fair, the “my stomach feels that I’m falling” proof is no proof at all.  Could be your stomach is merely no longer feeling the effect of being pushed up.
Proud member of İntikam's "Ignore List"
Ok. You proven you are unworthy to unignored. You proven it was a bad idea to unignore you. and it was for me a disgusting experience...Now you are going to place where you deserved and accustomed.
Quote from: SexWarrior
You accuse {FE} people of malice where incompetence suffice

« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2017, 04:36:44 PM »
To be fair, the “my stomach feels that I’m falling” proof is no proof at all.  Could be your stomach is merely no longer feeling the effect of being pushed up.

Exactly correct. Being pushed by something as it accelerates feels exactly the same as being pulled into it by gravity.

My gripe is with the claim that when you step off a chair you 'become inert', presumably meaning 'cease accelerating'. As soon as you say that, you prejudge the issue. Going on to say that you then 'see the earth rise up' is circular logic.

I think, based on the usage of the word 'inert', that Tom believes the sensation you have when you step off something is uniquely correlated with straight-line travel with no forces applied. But it isn't. Our sensation of weight or weightlessness is not - cannot be - engendered by forces that act on our whole body equally. We could endure - would not even notice if our eyes were shut - an acceleration of 10G, or 100G, or 1000G applied equally to every particle of our bodies. Their relative positions and the forces between them would remain unchanged; we would feel nothing. What we feel as weight is the uneven application of force requiring the internal structures of our bodies to take the strain and redress the balance. We would most certainly, if briefly, feel a 1000G acceleration if the soles of our feet were prevented from undergoing it by the ground.

Offline Tom Haws

• Not Flat, Round, Ellipsoid, or Geoid. Just Earth.
    • View Profile
    • Tom Haws Interesting Random Discoveries
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2017, 04:50:55 PM »
1000 G. No feel. Excellent explanation. Perfect.
Civil Engineer (professional mapper)

Thanks to Tom Bishop for his courtesy.

No flat map can predict commercial airline flight times among New York, Paris, Cape Town, & Buenos Aires.

The FAQ Sun animation does not work with sundials. And it has the equinox sun set toward Seattle (well N of NW) at my house in Mesa, AZ.

Rama Set

« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2017, 01:09:24 AM »
1000 G. No feel. Excellent explanation. Perfect.

If you have something to say you should come out and say it instead of trying to be coy. Jocelyn is exactly right.

Offline Tom Haws

• Not Flat, Round, Ellipsoid, or Geoid. Just Earth.
    • View Profile
    • Tom Haws Interesting Random Discoveries
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2017, 07:47:42 PM »
OK. Jocelyn is exactly right.  ;D
Civil Engineer (professional mapper)

Thanks to Tom Bishop for his courtesy.

No flat map can predict commercial airline flight times among New York, Paris, Cape Town, & Buenos Aires.

The FAQ Sun animation does not work with sundials. And it has the equinox sun set toward Seattle (well N of NW) at my house in Mesa, AZ.