Australia to South America takes 15 hrs?
« on: November 20, 2017, 10:22:28 PM »
On a flat earth the US would have to be roughly a third of the distance between those two points at 15 hrs duration as going across the US takes 5hrs. 5/15 = 1/3....

I'm heartbroken. I was beginning to fall in love with this theory. Please someone tell the internet lied. I just googled to find the one way time and found that.

All someone from either of those places needs to do is to take a vaca to the other to confirm or disprove the theory no?

Offline J-Man

• "Let's go Brandon ! I agree" >Your President<
    • View Profile
Re: Australia to South America takes 15 hrs?
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2017, 01:05:55 AM »
On a flat earth the US would have to be roughly a third of the distance between those two points at 15 hrs duration as going across the US takes 5hrs. 5/15 = 1/3....

I'm heartbroken. I was beginning to fall in love with this theory. Please someone tell the internet lied. I just googled to find the one way time and found that.

All someone from either of those places needs to do is to take a vaca to the other to confirm or disprove the theory no?

Don't be disappointed, the flights you speak of (non-stop) don't really exist, they are hocus pocus. This video will show you the truth, the planes used are not even capable of these distances without refueling. But nice try.....No cigar

What kind of person would devote endless hours posting scientific facts trying to correct the few retards who believe in the FE? I slay shitty little demons.

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2017, 08:16:11 AM »

Don't be disappointed, the flights you speak of (non-stop) don't really exist, they are hocus pocus. This video will show you the truth, the planes used are not even capable of these distances without refueling. But nice try.....No cigar

What an absolute load of rubbish that video is.

I've flown direct from Sydney to both Santiago and Johannesburg. Both flights were on a 747-400. I was awake the entire time on both flights. Neither flew over land (other than Australia). Neither stopped and refuelled.

I suppose in the flat earth delusional world I am either lying or I was somehow duped. If the latter, what happened? Did they slip some gas into the air-conditioning and put us all instantly to sleep, like a 60's Bond movie, while the plane landed and refuelled? Was it something else?

FE theory - if you can even call it a 'theory' - is so easy to debunk in the southern hemisphere a 1st grade student could do it.

Cheers
Mick

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2017, 03:32:35 PM »
This easily answered: airlines are in on the round earth hoax. My theory:

Airlines make their pilot fly the aircraft at a precisly calculated speed. Every honest pilot will admit that there are rules on air speed. The speed of planes close to the North Pole is higher than close to the south. A simplified formula for the cruising speed of a commercial aircraft is
v_plane = v_0 * (1 - 1/r),
with v_plane, v_0 and r being the speed of the plane (relative to the ground), v_0 a constant (depending on the plane) and r being the distance between the plane and the north pole, respectively. The formula also explains why there are no flights directly above the North Pole, the plane speed would have to be zero and no plane can fly with zero speed.

The airlines speed formula works because passengers cannot reliably measure the speed above ground. This is facilitated by the fact that airline windows are very small, thick and curved, making reliable distance and speed measurements very difficult.

Offline StinkyOne

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2017, 03:57:21 PM »

Airlines make their pilot fly the aircraft at a precisly calculated speed. Every honest pilot will admit that there are rules on air speed. The speed of planes close to the North Pole is higher than close to the south. A simplified formula for the cruising speed of a commercial aircraft is
with v_plane, v_0 and r being the speed of the plane (relative to the ground), v_0 a constant (depending on the plane) and r being the distance between the plane and the north pole, respectively. The formula also explains why there are no flights directly above the North Pole, the plane speed would have to be zero and no plane can fly with zero speed.

The airlines speed formula works because passengers cannot reliably measure the speed above ground. This is facilitated by the fact that airline windows are very small, thick and curved, making reliable distance and speed measurements very difficult.

Oh, so now airlines and pilots are in on the conspiracy??? I highly recommend you learn a little bit about aircraft and how they operate. An airliner cannot simply fly really slow in the north and really fast in the south. They have a very definite range of speeds in which they can operate at altitude. An airliner can't maintain 30k feet and fly at 200 mph. There is a hard vMin at all altitudes. If you drop below that, you fall out of the sky. Educate yourself.
I saw a video where a pilot was flying above the sun.
-Terry50

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2017, 07:01:47 PM »

you are wrong sir!

apparently, your depiction of straight line path from Taiwan to LAX is wrong. Airlines fly in a curved path, to minimize distance between two points. This is because the earth is spherical and the distance between two points is less if you take a curved path with the curve leading away from the equator. With that path followed by an airliner, there are times when the plane is much closer to Anchorage than LAX. I have been a commercial pilot for for than 20 years and I flew many flights from Asia to US west cost.

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2017, 07:05:02 PM »
Actual flight path

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2017, 09:36:28 PM »

You will find a GPS receiver works well by a plane window giving the speed and the map ties up with the land observed below.

Offline Roger G

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2017, 02:28:18 AM »

[/quote]

I have been a commercial pilot for for than 20 years and I flew many flights from Asia to US west cost.
[/quote]

Oh dear that's put the cat amongst the pigeons, put on you tin hat and wait for the incoming. You must be being paid by the government to keep the global earth lies going, you are part of the conspiracy! :o

Enjoy playing the game on this forum.

Roger

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2017, 05:24:33 AM »
Flight over the North Pole:

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2017, 02:46:29 PM »
Flight over the North Pole:

Please read the FAQ (https://wiki.tfes.org/Frequently_Asked_Questions)
Q: "There are many pictures on the internet and in other media depicting the earth as being round. Why do these not disprove flat earth theory?"
A: "In general, we at the Flat Earth Society do not lend much credibility to photographic evidence. It is too easily manipulated and altered. ..."

A youtube video is no proof that flights above the North Pole are possible. This is not only true for "my picture proves that the earth is round"-claims. Many youtube videos exist that state ridiculous claims...

....They have a very definite range of speeds in which they can operate at altitude. An airliner can't maintain 30k feet and fly at 200 mph. There is a hard vMin at all altitudes. If you drop below that, you fall out of the sky. Educate yourself.

You are right, not all air speeds are possible. Therefore, you can not fly over the north pole / fly realy far north, otherwise you would "fall out of the sky".

You will find a GPS receiver works well by a plane window giving the speed and the map ties up with the land observed below.

Please read the wiki on conspiracy (https://wiki.tfes.org/The_Conspiracy). GPS was installed by the US governement, which is also responsible for the NASA conspiracy.

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2017, 03:20:10 PM »
"This thing is true, I have no evidence for it, and any evidence you have is faked."

What kind of a conversation is possible then?

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2017, 06:15:59 PM »

I have been a commercial pilot for for than 20 years and I flew many flights from Asia to US west cost.
[/quote]

Oh dear that's put the cat amongst the pigeons, put on you tin hat and wait for the incoming. You must be being paid by the government to keep the global earth lies going, you are part of the conspiracy! :o

Roger
[/quote]

Roger, I never worked for government or NASA. But I do know some of the instruments in the plane are made using NASA technologies and I did receive training from NASA on certain equipments. But they never tried to endocrinate me into spherical earth theory that I can remember. I am speaking from my knowledge and expertise only.

Offline Tom Haws

• Not Flat, Round, Ellipsoid, or Geoid. Just Earth.
    • View Profile
    • Tom Haws Interesting Random Discoveries
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2017, 08:45:05 PM »
This easily answered: airlines are in on the round earth hoax.

Because why make more money when you can be in on a real gasser of a hoax?
Civil Engineer (professional mapper)

Thanks to Tom Bishop for his courtesy.

No flat map can predict commercial airline flight times among New York, Paris, Cape Town, & Buenos Aires.

The FAQ Sun animation does not work with sundials. And it has the equinox sun set toward Seattle (well N of NW) at my house in Mesa, AZ.

Offline Roger G

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2017, 12:38:01 AM »

Roger
[/quote]

Roger, I never worked for government or NASA. But I do know some of the instruments in the plane are made using NASA technologies and I did receive training from NASA on certain equipments. But they never tried to endocrinate me into spherical earth theory that I can remember. I am speaking from my knowledge and expertise only.
[/quote]
No need to explain to me, I'm on your side. Having been a glider pilot since 1976 and having a number of pilot friends, I am fully conversant with aircraft instrumentation, navigation etc, but I was warning you what to expect here as there are no FE pilots.

Roger

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2017, 01:07:17 AM »

Thank you for posting this. I watched the whole thing and found TigerDan's investigation in this video to be interesting.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 01:09:28 AM by Tom Bishop »

Offline Tom Haws

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2017, 01:30:34 AM »
Thank you for posting this. I watched the whole thing and found TigerDan's investigation in this video to be interesting.

Do I need to watch the video? Will it just madden me because I have personally researched commercial flight times from Sao Paulo to Johannesburg and found them to be about the same length as from Chicago to Paris? Will it madden me because I know that the commercial airlines are in a cutthroat game of business where the margins are tight and they have to fly as economically as possible, so that their non-stop routes are not gratuitously long?

No flat map can predict commercial airline flight times among New York, Paris, Cape Town, & Buenos Aires.

The FAQ Sun animation does not work with sundials. And it has the equinox sun set toward Seattle (well N of NW) at my house in Mesa, AZ.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2017, 01:37:38 AM »

Do I need to watch the video? Will it just madden me because I have personally researched commercial flight times from Sao Paulo to Johannesburg and found them to be about the same length as from Chicago to Paris? Will it madden me because I know that the commercial airlines are in a cutthroat game of business where the margins are tight and they have to fly as economically as possible, so that their non-stop routes are not gratuitously long?

It is only about 20 minutes long and TigerDan brings up a number of good points in regards to the actual flying capabilities of these planes, enough for one to question the legitimacy of these "non-stop" advertisements. There are a number of other pieces of evidence in the video as well, and is a must watch.

Non-stop can simply mean in travel company speak that the plane is non-stop between picking up and dropping off passengers, not that it is non-stop between fuel stops. If a bus had to stop and fill up its tank at some point along its 28 stop route, would the bus company advertise that the bus made 28 stops or 29 stops?
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 01:46:40 AM by Tom Bishop »

Offline Tom Haws

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2017, 02:05:39 AM »

It is only about 20 minutes long and TigerDan brings up a number of good points in regards to the actual flying capabilities of these planes, enough for one to question the legitimacy of these "non-stop" advertisements. There are a number of other pieces of evidence in the video as well, and is a must watch.

I did a pretty good job of watching.

Key mistakes at

4:46 to 6:43. He calls a 2D map a "globe earth" map. No such thing as a "globe earth" map.

21:08 He says these airplane ranges can't make the flight from Sydney to Santiago:
Quantas 747-400 8357 miles
787-800 Wikipedia 8786 miles
Boeing 9200 miles

But the globe measurement is 7,000 miles from Sydney to Santiago. The airlines must be using a factor of safety for adverse conditions.

Non-stop can simply mean in travel company speak that the plane is non-stop between picking up and dropping off passengers, not that it is non-stop between fuel stops. If a bus had to stop and fill up its tank at some point along its 28 stop route, would the bus company advertise that the bus made 28 stops or 29 stops?

I accept the plausibility of what you are suggesting. That does not bother me. But the fellow in the video seems to be fundamentally uninformed about globe routes and distances. Here are a couple of
shots from Google Earth that apply here:

Note that Anchorage is not a big detour.

Note that New Zealand is not a big detour.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 02:11:22 AM by Tom Haws »

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2017, 05:28:20 AM »
Key mistakes at

4:46 to 6:43. He calls a 2D map a "globe earth" map. No such thing as a "globe earth" map.

It is clear what he is referencing.

21:08 He says these airplane ranges can't make the flight from Sydney to Santiago:
Quantas 747-400 8357 miles
787-800 Wikipedia 8786 miles
Boeing 9200 miles

But the globe measurement is 7,000 miles from Sydney to Santiago. The airlines must be using a factor of safety for adverse conditions.

He's looking at Sydney to Buenos Aries, not Sydney to Santiago.

I accept the plausibility of what you are suggesting. That does not bother me. But the fellow in the video seems to be fundamentally uninformed about globe routes and distances. Here are a couple of
shots from Google Earth that apply here:

https://preview.ibb.co/fy7jAG/taiwan_la.png

Note that Anchorage is not a big detour.

https://preview.ibb.co/fXqt4b/sydney_santiago.png

Note that New Zealand is not a big detour.

Right. Those locations are possible detours on the Flat Earth monopole map, but not the globe. That is what he is saying.

This is similar to when the plane flying between Taiwan and LAX made a detour to Alaska when a woman went into delivery. That detour makes sense on the Flat Earth monopole map, but not on a globe.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 05:32:01 AM by Tom Bishop »