2 what causes air to circulate 
3 where's the ice wall surrounding the planet
4 how do comets get past ''the dome''

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: flat earth questions
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2016, 10:03:11 PM »
I'd suggest reviewing the wiki and FAQ first.

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2016, 10:28:18 PM »
Hi been checking few things according the round globe which does not add up. Lots of places it states that the solar constilation is different in the north and south of the hemiphere. I'm in Namibia which is southern part of Africa looking at the lil dipper and Orion's belt. Only difftence is they are upside down compared to if u are in northern part of the globe for example when I stayed in south Carolina the dipper is right side up and Orion's sword points downwards. Here in Namibia its the opposite. With a globe spinning and positions according the round globe there is no way this can be possible?

Offline Rounder

• What in the Sam Hill are you people talking about?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2017, 06:26:24 AM »
Hi been checking few things according the round globe which does not add up. Lots of places it states that the solar constilation is different in the north and south of the hemiphere. I'm in Namibia which is southern part of Africa looking at the lil dipper and Orion's belt. Only difftence is they are upside down compared to if u are in northern part of the globe for example when I stayed in south Carolina the dipper is right side up and Orion's sword points downwards. Here in Namibia its the opposite. With a globe spinning and positions according the round globe there is no way this can be possible?
Actually, constellations being upside down when viewed from the other hemisphere is exactly what you should expect on a globe.  The crescent moons will be opposite as well.
Proud member of İntikam's "Ignore List"
Ok. You proven you are unworthy to unignored. You proven it was a bad idea to unignore you. and it was for me a disgusting experience...Now you are going to place where you deserved and accustomed.
Quote from: SexWarrior
You accuse {FE} people of malice where incompetence suffice

Offline rabinoz

• Just look South at the Stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2017, 12:33:44 PM »
Actually, constellations being upside down when viewed from the other hemisphere is exactly what you should expect on a globe.  The crescent moons will be opposite as well.
I have a confession on that issue. I was replying to a post about the Tycho Crater, and knew I had a good photo of the Oct 16, 2,016 Full Perigee Moon.
But I couldn't locate the Tycho Crater in the "right place". Finally the penny dropped - I'm in the Southern Hemisphere! duh!

Yes, things look "upside down" (actually rotated 180°) to us down here, but one can still get caught out.

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2017, 12:11:44 AM »
Hello
There is a proof that the earth is flat in the holy books "quran" "bible" im muslim i beleave all the holy books not only the quran so ...
Nasa lied to us ....f********
The earth is flat and there is a limit wall of ice as big circle ..  no one can cross the limit also al demons and evils " its mentioned in quran " in bible the evil show to jesus from the highest mountain oeak all the kingdoms of earts ..so what if the earth is not flat ?? Jesus cant see all the kingdoms ...

Offline Jura-Glenlivet

• Life is meaningless & everything dies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2017, 08:33:35 AM »

If he had satellite angels, holding mirrors, he could.
Just to be clear, you are all terrific, but everything you say is exactly what a moron would say.

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2017, 10:00:35 AM »
Hello
There is a proof that the earth is flat in the holy books "quran" "bible" im muslim i beleave all the holy books not only the quran so ...
Nasa lied to us ....f********
The earth is flat and there is a limit wall of ice as big circle ..  no one can cross the limit also al demons and evils " its mentioned in quran " in bible the evil show to jesus from the highest mountain oeak all the kingdoms of earts ..so what if the earth is not flat ?? Jesus cant see all the kingdoms ...
I'm confused. The other day another Muslim on the board gave us examples of verses from the Quran along with interpretations that showed that the Quran never spoke about the earth being flat.

So, which is it? Should I stay in the belief that religions are just as undecided on a model as the flat earth society is?
Ignored by Intikam since 2016.

totallackey

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2017, 06:19:46 PM »
1 what causes weather
I would venture to guess the Sun is the primary cause of weather.
2 what causes air to circulate
I would venture to guess it is the interaction of hot air rising and cold air sinking that generates circulation. That and multiple fans located around the world.
3 where's the ice wall surrounding the planet
There is no ice wall surrounding a, "planet."

There is an Ice Wall surrounding a flat plane.
4 how do comets get past ''the dome''

Comets do not get past a "dome."