Offline truth

• View Profile
Someone has posted that GPS do not work at Sahara, I will argue that it won't work at places with low coverage from GPS Mountain based antennas.
What happen is that antennas all over the world cover with frequencies a lot of space and then you have your signal to GPS.

The best place to put such an antenna is at mountains, there you can has a lot of connections all over the world, second thing is what we call microwave:
You launch signals from far away and the signal get caught on ground and allow you navigate safely.

Rayzor once said there is a specific frequency - yes this is the frequency for GPS Mountain based antennas.
When we know that antennas are hundreds of kilometers far away even thousands of kilometers we can assume that the antenna is in a very remote part of the world, or at very far away part of the world,
The world is full of signals of antennas that's all.

There are satellites at space they produce useless photos but not GPS signal.

Disclaimer:
That's my theory I am not a professional I am just want to speculate according to the laws of this forum.

Offline CableDawg

• View Profile
Re: I want to hear again the excuses why GPS cannot be ground based ?
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2016, 02:46:30 AM »
Due respect but I'm having trouble parsing what it is you want to discuss.

Are you saying GPS is strictly ground based, i.e. no GPS satellites?

There are specific frequencies that various devices operate on.

Light (visible or not), television, radio, cell phones, GPS, microwave ovens, etc. all operate at some frequency along the RF spectrum.

geckothegeek

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2016, 05:51:59 AM »
Another thing that FE's do not seem to take into account is there are many frequencies of operation and many designs of operation of electronic equipment, each designed for its own special use.

You just can't make broad statements . You need to know at least something about a specific type of equipment.

geckothegeek

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2016, 05:57:36 AM »
Someone has posted that GPS do not work at Sahara, I will argue that it won't work at places with low coverage from GPS Mountain based antennas.
What happen is that antennas all over the world cover with frequencies a lot of space and then you have your signal to GPS.

The best place to put such an antenna is at mountains, there you can has a lot of connections all over the world, second thing is what we call microwave:
You launch signals from far away and the signal get caught on ground and allow you navigate safely.

Rayzor once said there is a specific frequency - yes this is the frequency for GPS Mountain based antennas.
When we know that antennas are hundreds of kilometers far away even thousands of kilometers we can assume that the antenna is in a very remote part of the world, or at very far away part of the world,

Disclaimer:
That's my theory I am not a professional I am just want to speculate according to the laws of this forum.

How many mountains.are there in the middle of the oceans ?
« Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 06:00:58 AM by geckothegeek »

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2016, 06:34:31 AM »
Another thing that FE's do not seem to take into account is there are many frequencies of operation and many designs of operation of electronic equipment, each designed for its own special use.

False.

Offline CableDawg

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2016, 12:37:23 PM »

False.

So enlightening and full of the specificity you demand of others.

Which part is false?  The part about the FE's?  There are many frequencies?  Many designs?  Designs for special/specific use?

That's a pretty broad statement to call 5 things false.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2016, 04:00:01 PM »

False.

Which part is false?  The part about the FE's?  There are many frequencies?  Many designs?  Designs for special/specific use?

I'd suggest taking a minute to understand what context means and then try again.

Offline Boots

• ---- Cogito, ergo sum. ---- -Descartes
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2016, 04:22:25 PM »

False.

I'd suggest taking a minute to understand what context means and then try again.

What would be really nice is if you would explain what you meant by calling the statement false. Or if you think that should be obvious by the context, why you think so. Regardless of how obvious it is to you, it clearly wasn't that obvious to gecko, or me for that matter. This would be  a much more conversational approach. It is difficult to have a conversation with someone who gives so many one word answers and basically implies to anyone who doesn't understand what is meant, that they are kind of stupid. (Whether they are or aren't stupid, it would be nice if you would at least make an effort at having a decent conversation.)
“There are some ideas so absurd that only an intellectual could believe them.” - George Orwell

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2016, 04:28:08 PM »
What would be really nice is if you would explain what you meant by calling the statement false.

The intentionally broad statement is false. He is making a claim against flat earthers with no evidence to support it. He didn't quantify it in any way, so we can only assume he means all FE proponents. That is simply a nonsensical position and false. gecko likes to make himself sound superior, I am just letting him know he is wrong.

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2016, 05:49:13 PM »
What would be really nice is if you would explain what you meant by calling the statement false.

The intentionally broad statement is false. He is making a claim against flat earthers with no evidence to support it. He didn't quantify it in any way, so we can only assume he means all FE proponents. That is simply a nonsensical position and false. gecko likes to make himself sound superior, I am just letting him know he is wrong.
That goes your way too, in all honesty. And again, you derailed a thread.
Ignored by Intikam since 2016.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2016, 06:16:28 PM »
That goes your way too, in all honesty. And again, you derailed a thread.

Incorrect.

Offline truth

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2016, 06:31:58 PM »

Disclaimer:

There are many ways to spread signals across the ocean.

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2016, 06:44:40 PM »

Disclaimer:

Okay. Like, which?

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2016, 06:47:00 PM »

Disclaimer:
I don't get it. If you're not a professional, why do you theorize over things that are perfectly well-known to professionals?

It seems like you need to find alternative explanations to things already explained, only to support the belief of a flat earth, for the sake of only yourself.

It's illogical.

geckothegeek

« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2016, 06:55:55 PM »

I think the old thread of the "Moon Bounce" operations of "Amateur Radio Operator Measurements Of The Distance From The Earth To The Moon" was a prime example of flat earth ignorance of radiio.
Some flat earth replies.:
"You need an antenna the size of a football field." The frequencies involved included large arrays but not the size of a football field.
"Ham radio operators talking to truckers can't do this." Confusing illegal operations by a few unlicensed Citizen Band "CB" operators with licensed legal operations of Amateur Radio Operators
"Speed of radiio waves is not accurate." If this was so, RADAR would be useless.
"Radio waves slow down going to the moon." Just a baseless assumption.
And others.
FE's have also demonstrated their ignorance in other areas , such as Photography, for one example.

geckothegeek

« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2016, 07:01:32 PM »
Getting back to the subject at hand, ground based GPS  could not provide altitude information.

Offline truth

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2016, 07:31:51 PM »

Disclaimer:

Okay. Like, which?
1) Nearby mountain antennas can launch very powerful rays to the ocean and then you can pick them from high altitude,
2)you can use the stratosphere or the concavity of the earth.
3)powerful antennas can launch very powerful rays and signal to the sky then the rays declining or sinking down and what you have to do is to pick the signal from air.

Offline truth

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2016, 07:32:30 PM »

Disclaimer:
I don't get it. If you're not a professional, why do you theorize over things that are perfectly well-known to professionals?

It seems like you need to find alternative explanations to things already explained, only to support the belief of a flat earth, for the sake of only yourself.

It's illogical.
I may become professional one day :)

Offline truth

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2016, 07:34:03 PM »
Getting back to the subject at hand, ground based GPS  could not provide altitude information.
It depends where you direct your signal by the antennas it has nothing to do with satellites.
There are tons of antennas around the world you just need to pick the signal from the sky, there where the antennas point.

geckothegeek

« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2016, 08:17:51 PM »
It depends where you direct your signal by the antennas it has nothing to do with satellites.
There are tons of antennas around the world you just need to pick the signal from the sky, there where the antennas point.

You really need to do some research on GPS systems. Otherwise you are making no sense. As mentioned , GPS transmiitters operate
on special frequencies, special designs and special modes of operation. For one thing, the GPS transmitter must be higher above the object below to give altitude information. Since aircraft operate at altitudes of 30,00 feet or more, ground based towers would have to be at least 30,000 feet tall.