geckothegeek

Re: Morons. Most*
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2016, 07:04:17 PM »
That was a solid triple post, friend. I think you're very confused, and seem to lack basic requisite knowledge for this thread. I'm sorry if simple logic is too much for you, but throwing tantrums reflects poorly on you as well as your fellow round earthers. I'd suggest going back and reading the thread again. If you have an actual point to make, or want to discuss something, I'd be happy to.

Here is a point . Do you dare answer ?
What is the distance from the earth to the moom ?
You give me your "flat earth answer" and how you arrived at it and I will give you my "round earth answer" and how I arrived at it.
IMHO it is the flat earthers who are the ones throwing the tantrums. LOL.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2016, 07:38:54 PM »
That was a solid triple post, friend. I think you're very confused, and seem to lack basic requisite knowledge for this thread. I'm sorry if simple logic is too much for you, but throwing tantrums reflects poorly on you as well as your fellow round earthers. I'd suggest going back and reading the thread again. If you have an actual point to make, or want to discuss something, I'd be happy to.

You give me your "flat earth answer" and how you arrived at it and I will give you my "round earth answer" and how I arrived at it.

Sure, I'll "dare" to answer. I can't say for sure as I've never attempted to measure the distance from the earth to the moon. If you're asking do I know what the accepted round earth measurement is, then yes. I also know what the flat earth measurement is, at least relative to this particular FE community.

Did you have a point to make with any of this?

geckothegeek

« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2016, 11:34:34 PM »

Sure, I'll "dare" to answer. I can't say for sure as I've never attempted to measure the distance from the earth to the moon. If you're asking do I know what the accepted round earth measurement is, then yes. I also know what the flat earth measurement is, at least relative to this particular FE community.

Did you have a point to make with any of this?

The point is that the distance from the earth to the moon has been a well known accepted fact for quite some time and has been proven many times since by many methods.
The point is that flat earth estimates of the distance are just one more example of the flat earth fantasy and absolute rubbish.
Of course just about anything else about flat earth is the same.
The only defense that flat earth has ever demonstrated is the denial of reality.
You did not say how you arrived at your answer.
I arrived at mine from the known estimates and from verification by trusted sources such as measurements by laser beam measurements  by astronomical observatories
and measurements  by amateur radio operators ln their "Moon Bounce" operations.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 11:39:19 PM by geckothegeek »

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
Morons. Most*
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2016, 11:50:38 PM »
So you didn't actually have a point, other than literally saying one of the same canned responses you post in every thread.

I suppose I arrived at my RE answers through the various physics and astronomy courses I've taken, as well as the labs. For FE, I tend to refer to the FAQ and wiki, although it is a bit dated and could use some work. I'm glad to see that you haven't taken any measurements of your own though, good to know that I'm not alone in that regard.

I'd also suggest you learn to make use of the edit button. You RErs seem to have great difficulty with that in this thread. It's fine though because at least you're convinced the earth is round.

Offline Rounder

• What in the Sam Hill are you people talking about?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2016, 12:58:09 AM »
All right, kids, knock it off.  Ad hominem attacks are easy for both sides, but not productive for either side.
Proud member of İntikam's "Ignore List"
Ok. You proven you are unworthy to unignored. You proven it was a bad idea to unignore you. and it was for me a disgusting experience...Now you are going to place where you deserved and accustomed.
Quote from: SexWarrior
You accuse {FE} people of malice where incompetence suffice

geckothegeek

« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2016, 01:08:27 AM »
All right, kids, knock it off.  Ad hominem attacks are easy for both sides, but not productive for either side.

My apologies. I just made the mistake of taking this website too seriosly. I'll knock it off and will try to stay out of the flat-vs-round debate.

Offline rabinoz

• Just look South at the Stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2016, 02:30:16 AM »
I'd also suggest you learn to make use of the edit button. You RErs seem to have great difficulty with that in this thread. It's fine though because at least you're convinced the earth is round.

You say "learn to make use of the edit button. You RErs seem to have great difficulty with that in this thread."

I am sorry, I must be one of those ignorant RErs (as you incorrectly label us, I thought the earth was a Globe, it's your Pizza Planet that's just round).
I cannot find an "edit button" anywhere. All the buttons I can find are:
I can find no "Edit Button", but then my wife says that I'm a male and males can never find anything, so where is this magic "Edit Button"?

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2016, 03:32:57 AM »

You say "learn to make use of the edit button. You RErs seem to have great difficulty with that in this thread."

I am sorry, I must be one of those ignorant RErs (as you incorrectly label us, I thought the earth was a Globe, it's your Pizza Planet that's just round).
I can find no "Edit Button", but then my wife says that I'm a male and males can never find anything, so where is this magic "Edit Button"?

Ah, another typical post from a round earther whose understanding of something is limited to their personal exposure to it. It serves to illustrate why you are a round earther, as it seems you can't step outside your little bubble. This may come as a shock, but not everyone does the exact same thing as you. I, for example, primarily browse this site on my mobile device using the Tapatalk app. It very much has an "edit" button. I can even provide a screenshot if you'd like to see it, or you can even install it yourself for a firsthand account. So yes, you answered your own premise, you are "one of those ignorant RErs" in this case by the literal definition of the word.

Aside from you being totally wrong (another common round earther theme), it was obviously clear what was being explained. So, if there's anything else you want to profess your ignorance of for all to see, feel free.

Offline CableDawg

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2016, 03:59:20 AM »
The only thing left now is for him to come in screaming that it's rigged and corrupt.

Once he does this, his transformation will be complete.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2016, 04:20:03 AM »
And once RErs' nonsense is pointed out, they shift to made up hypothetical scenarios. Or projection, I'm not sure at this point.

You all really are fun.

« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2016, 06:48:29 AM »
And once RErs' nonsense is pointed out, they shift to made up hypothetical scenarios. Or projection, I'm not sure at this point.

You all really are fun.
Still no actual flat earth debate from you is what is fun. All you do is hide behind your eloquent fashion, pointing fingers at others lack of intellect, contributing with nothing but ad hominem attacks.

Go outside every once in a while, keyboard warrior.
Ignored by Intikam since 2016.

Offline rabinoz

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2016, 07:40:49 AM »

Ah, another typical post from a round earther whose understanding of something is limited to their personal exposure to it. It serves to illustrate why you are a round earther, as it seems you can't step outside your little bubble. This may come as a shock, but not everyone does the exact same thing as you. I, for example, primarily browse this site on my mobile device using the Tapatalk app. It very much has an "edit" button. I can even provide a screenshot if you'd like to see it, or you can even install it yourself for a firsthand account. So yes, you answered your own premise, you are "one of those ignorant RErs" in this case by the literal definition of the word.

Aside from you being totally wrong (another common round earther theme), it was obviously clear what was being explained. So, if there's anything else you want to profess your ignorance of for all to see, feel free.
Touchy, touchy! Aren't we?

Wow, what did I do to get a serve like that?

I, quite correctly, point out out that "I cannot find an edit button anywhere."  Yes, I took a dig at your flat earth, but only after your dig at your own labelling of Globe supporters as "RErs".

I guess you are feeling so defensive of the flat earth with no reasonable explanations for so many observations:
The sharp horizon, especially at sea on a clear day,
Lunar eclipses,
Sunrise and sunsets,
The constant size of the sun and almost constant of the moon from rising to setting,
The directions and times of sunrises and sunsets,
etc, etc. 
And, before you ask, I have look up "the Wiki" and read quite a lot ENAG.

PS I do not use Tapatalk, there is nothing that I have seen to suggest it is useful, so maybe you are being unreasonable to expect users to be familiar with something not on their screen!

Offline CableDawg

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2016, 09:37:30 AM »
So you didn't actually have a point, other than literally saying one of the same canned responses you post in every thread.

I suppose I arrived at my RE answers through the various physics and astronomy courses I've taken, as well as the labs. For FE, I tend to refer to the FAQ and wiki, although it is a bit dated and could use some work. I'm glad to see that you haven't taken any measurements of your own though, good to know that I'm not alone in that regard.

You seem to like playing the role of the pedant.  May I suggest you take a better look at this site and learn that there isn't, actually, an edit button.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2016, 02:49:16 PM »
Still no actual flat earth debate from you is what is fun.
What debate was even taking place in this thread? It belongs in Angry Ranting because that is all OP's post was. I get that you don't understand context, but please take moment to read the thread and pay attention so you don't continue to look foolish.

All you do is hide behind your eloquent fashion, pointing fingers at others lack of intellect, contributing with nothing but ad hominem attacks.

Go outside every once in a while, keyboard warrior.
I am sorry if I upset you, as that was not my intention. I would suggest you try not taking things so personally.

Touchy, touchy! Aren't we?
Not at all.

Wow, what did I do to get a serve like that?
Well, you made a snarky post trying to be clever. All I did was point out that there may be things you aren't aware of, so melodramatic nonsense like you posted isn't necessary. A simple question would have worked.

I, quite correctly, point out out that "I cannot find an edit button anywhere." 
Your ignorance is irrelevant.

Yes, I took a dig at your flat earth, but only after your dig at your own labelling of Globe supporters as "RErs".
It is odd that you have been around here for quite a while, but don't seem to pay much attention. Labeling globe earth supporters as RErs is not a dig, it is a common colloquial term used here. Just as flat earth supporters are frequently referred to as FErs.

I guess you are feeling so defensive of the flat earth with no reasonable explanations for so many observations:
The sharp horizon, especially at sea on a clear day,
Lunar eclipses,
Sunrise and sunsets,
The constant size of the sun and almost constant of the moon from rising to setting,
The directions and times of sunrises and sunsets,
etc, etc. 
And, before you ask, I have look up "the Wiki" and read quite a lot ENAG.
All of the observations are accounted for in FET. You say that you have read some of the reference material. I would suggest going back and doing it again. Also, how is this remotely relevant to you not knowing there is actually an "edit" button?

PS I do not use Tapatalk, there is nothing that I have seen to suggest it is useful, so maybe you are being unreasonable to expect users to be familiar with something not on their screen!
That is fine, a lot of people don't like it. I find it very handy for checking posts here on mobile, because the layout makes it very fast to peruse the latest posts. I am not being unreasonable as I don't expect anyone to be familiar with it. I do expect if someone is going to make a long-winded, grandstanding post to try to be witty, that they take a few seconds before making themselves look foolish as you have done previously. It was petty snark that was unnecessary and added nothing to the discussion. Not a big deal really, as I have come to expect that of RErs, I was just taking a moment to point it out.

You seem to like playing the role of the pedant.
I would suggest you first look up what the word pedant means, as it is apparent that you currently do not. All I did was reply to an excessively long, snarky post that could have been avoided with a simple question.

May I suggest you take a better look at this site and learn that there isn't, actually, an edit button.
Ah, I see you haven't listened to my earlier advice of going back and reading the thread again. I assure you if you do it will all (hopefully) make sense. I am simply trying to help you not look so clueless. If you have any questions after reading the thread again, I will be happy to assist. Take care!

geckothegeek

« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2016, 03:59:06 PM »
I was going to refrain from any further remarks, but I just couldn't resist.
When a flat earther ever says anything about the flat earth that ever makes any sense The Evil One is going to start chipping icicles in his Netherworld Abode.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 07:40:44 PM by geckothegeek »

geckothegeek

« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2016, 04:14:15 PM »

Rabinoz If it's not a "Pizza Planet" , how do you account for all those Pizza Huts and Pizza Inns  ?
When was the last time you saw a Globe Hut or a Globe Inn ?

Offline Rounder

• What in the Sam Hill are you people talking about?
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2016, 04:56:43 PM »
There is a Globe Inn, a cute little B&B in Pennsylvania.
And another Globe Inn Marsh Rye, a restaurant in East Sussex.
And another Globe Inn, a restaurant and motel in Wells-Next-To-The-Sea.
I could go on.  The British Isles appear to be positively littered with businesses calling themselves "Globe Inn"

BOOM, guess the earth is round after all!
Proud member of İntikam's "Ignore List"
Ok. You proven you are unworthy to unignored. You proven it was a bad idea to unignore you. and it was for me a disgusting experience...Now you are going to place where you deserved and accustomed.
Quote from: SexWarrior
You accuse {FE} people of malice where incompetence suffice

geckothegeek

« Reply #37 on: October 25, 2016, 07:39:57 PM »
There is a Globe Inn, a cute little B&B in Pennsylvania.
And another Globe Inn Marsh Rye, a restaurant in East Sussex.
And another Globe Inn, a restaurant and motel in Wells-Next-To-The-Sea.
I could go on.  The British Isles appear to be positively littered with businesses calling themselves "Globe Inn"

BOOM, guess the earth is round after all!

I did some searching and found some Globe Inns  in the USA, too.
There is a Globe Hut which seems to be a website for single travelers.
They must be some other members of The Conspiracy.

And there is a Pizza  Inn in Globe, Arizona.

Offline rabinoz

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2016, 12:13:18 AM »
Rabinoz If it's not a "Pizza Planet" , how do you account for all those Pizza Huts and Pizza Inns  ?
When was the last time you saw a Globe Hut or a Globe Inn ?

:P You just don't have the "literary touch" that I do!  :P
          I go for the alliteration, as in "Precious Pepperoni Pizza Planet",
          though I guess we could have the "Gyrating Gigantic Glorious Globe".
          That's certainly far better than "Gluey Gooey Glutinous Globule".

Junker did suggest that the OP indicated that the whole thread should have been moved to "Angry Ranting" (though it's ended up as "Complete Nonsense") and I agree 100%.
The OP was quite over the top!

Offline CableDawg

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2016, 04:47:55 AM »
For Junker:  Which of these definitions does not fit you?

Simple Definition of pedant

:  a person who annoys other people by correcting small errors and giving too much attention to minor details

Full Definition of pedant

obsolete :   a male schoolteacher

a :   one who makes a show of knowledge

b :   one who is unimaginative or who unduly emphasizes minutiae in the presentation or use of knowledge

c :   a formalist or precisionist in teaching