Poll

Have you been disrespected for being a flat-Earther?

Yes
5 (62.5%)
No
3 (37.5%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Do Flat Earthers deserve respect?
« on: September 19, 2019, 04:37:03 PM »
Hi everybody! I hope this is the correct sub-forum for this post.

First of all, thank you so much for the wealth of information that you, as a society, have posted online. Tomorrow, my friend and I have a debate concerning whether the Flat Earth Society deserves respect. We are arguing that you DO reserve respect (yay!) and we wanted to ask if you have ever been disrespected for believing that the Earth is flat and how it has impacted you.

Thanks so much for your time
- Flat Earth Debater

Offline ChrisTP

• View Profile
Re: Do Flat Earthers deserve respect?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2019, 05:25:14 PM »
everyone deserves a base respect regardless of belief or mental capability. You should treat each individual with the same respect they treat you. If you do not know someone and have never spoken to you before, why would you be disrespectful?

That said, flat earthers do get a lot of disrespect from the general public, but I've found that a lot flat earthers to be disrespectful to everyone else that isnt a flat earther too. "globeheads" "flatards" whatever other name calling there is directly related to the shape of the earth is moronic at best. You shouldn't assume the worst of someone you don't know IMO. Unless they're running at you with a knife or something...
Tom is wrong most of the time. Hardly big news, don't you think?

Midnightsun

Re: Do Flat Earthers deserve respect?
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2019, 12:27:57 PM »
Of course they deserve respect. You don't disrespect someone simply on the basis of their beliefs.

A group of people with different beliefs and opinions are essential ingredients for healthy debate. I for one enjoy the debates and dare I say sometimes I even learn something here and there.