Offline CriticalThinker

• Polite and Pragmatic
    • View Profile
Old video footage of space
« on: August 30, 2017, 02:01:37 PM »
I realize that not every member of the FE community believes that NASA is part of a great conspiracy, but I see a general consensus that the majority of the FE community believs that real people haven't been in space to see the curvature of the earth.

So I am interested in their take on certain aspects of this video taken in SkyLab in 1974 and released to the public in 1974.

Specific points of interest as follows.
@ 1:03 the man is able to accelerate his rotation too quickly to be an underwater environment.
@1:18-1:43 The three men execute intersecting 3d pathways that would make wire harnesses tangled, the video segment is too long to be explained by parabolic flight as it exceeds 20 seconds in duration and the SkyLab is too large of an internal volume to fit inside the largest aircraft available at that time.

Photo real CGI in 1974 was not available.

This video provides a time period correct comparison as this was made in 1972.

This is the same effects in 2013.  During the commentary they stated that they had to digitally erase the entire body and create a CGI one.  When you look at the movie footage, the CGI bodies just aren't quite right.  Even with today's technology they look off.

Notice how the actors on the wire harnesses don't intertwine the way the 3 men from the first video do.  That's because they can't.  Only distant background characters are on intersecting courses and they are fully CGI.  They clearly don't look like actual people.

Based on all of this, how did NASA fake the video from skylab in 1974 using 1974 technology?

Thank you,

CriticalThinker
Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur

Offline J-Man

• "Let's go Brandon ! I agree" >Your President<
    • View Profile
Re: Old video footage of space
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2017, 03:59:52 PM »
Hilarious, no really, just a couple years after the fake moon missions we got a space lab.

Here's your sign.....

Trump just told you we've been bribing North Korea for 25 years with fake money. Who could have kept that a secret? No really.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 04:03:11 PM by J-Man »
What kind of person would devote endless hours posting scientific facts trying to correct the few retards who believe in the FE? I slay shitty little demons.

Offline 3DGeek

• Path of photon from sun location to eye at sunset?
    • View Profile
    • What path do the photons take from the physical location of the sun to my eye at sunset
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2017, 04:09:48 PM »
Hilarious, no really, just a couple years after the fake moon missions we got a space lab.

What happened was that the last few moon missions were cancelled - NASA had a spare Saturn V rocket and nothing special to do with it.  So they took the second stage (which is a HUGE fuel tank and not much else) and fitted it out with the rudimentary parts of a space lab and launched on top of the unmodified first stage.

The resulting "space station" wasn't much more than a vast orbiting cylinder full of air.

It wasn't really a fully-fledged "space station" because it lacked many, many things that such a thing would need...but it remains the largest enclosed space ever to be put in orbit.

Hey Tom:  What path do the photons take from the physical location of the sun to my eye at sunset?

Offline J-Man

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2017, 04:25:41 PM »

What happened was that the last few moon missions were cancelled - NASA had a spare Saturn V rocket and nothing special to do with it.  So they took the second stage (which is a HUGE fuel tank and not much else) and fitted it out with the rudimentary parts of a space lab and launched on top of the unmodified first stage.

The resulting "space station" wasn't much more than a vast orbiting cylinder full of air.

It wasn't really a fully-fledged "space station" because it lacked many, many things that such a thing would need...but it remains the largest enclosed space ever to be put in orbit.

Try again Geek. The rocket wouldn't have made it off the launch pad. The second stage would have crushed like a pancake (similar to the shape of earth) from the extreme pressure of being mostly void.

Where do you come up with such nonsense?
What kind of person would devote endless hours posting scientific facts trying to correct the few retards who believe in the FE? I slay shitty little demons.

Offline StinkyOne

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2017, 04:26:01 PM »
Skylab was in orbit for 6 years before falling back to Earth on my birthday in '79.
I saw a video where a pilot was flying above the sun.
-Terry50

Offline J-Man

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2017, 04:27:53 PM »
Skylab was in orbit for 6 years before falling back to Earth on my birthday in '79.

Low content, your birthday is of no importance to me el stinko

Offline CriticalThinker

• Polite and Pragmatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2017, 04:31:53 PM »

Try again Geek. The rocket wouldn't have made it off the launch pad. The second stage would have crushed like a pancake (similar to the shape of earth) from the extreme pressure of being mostly void.

Please provide some evidence to back up your claim that the second stage was not structurally sound without the presence of fuel to fill it.  Materials properties, stress strain curves, compression loads due to thrust, compression strength of the parent structure.  Without evidence to support your claim, it's just a wild proclamation.

Thank you,

CriticalThinker

Offline 3DGeek

• View Profile
    • What path do the photons take from the physical location of the sun to my eye at sunset
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2017, 05:52:08 PM »

Ah - I had no idea you were a fully qualified structural engineer.

Take some nice heavy weights and start piling them onto the end of an empty coke can.   You'll be amazed at how much force it can withstand.   But bear in mind that the spacecraft doesn't collapse when the fuel tanks are almost empty and the motors are still going at full burn...so, it's not really a surprise that it goes OK when it's completely empty.

But then you're obviously an expert on space craft design.

Pffffhhhh!  <giggle>
Hey Tom:  What path do the photons take from the physical location of the sun to my eye at sunset?

Offline CriticalThinker

• Polite and Pragmatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2017, 07:28:06 PM »

Here's your sign.....

Trump just told you we've been bribing North Korea for 25 years with fake money. Who could have kept that a secret? No really.

Please provide evidence that the video from Space Lab has been faked.  Without evidence to support your claim, it is meaningless.  The video exists, and was released to the public in 1974 before advanced CGI could have made it in a virtual environment.  The segments of video in question would not be possible underwater or in a parabolic flight.  So how was it faked?

Thank you,

CriticalThinker

Offline J-Man

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2017, 08:12:50 PM »

Offline CriticalThinker

• Polite and Pragmatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2017, 08:44:44 PM »

Please note the distinctive lack of face masks or stretch clothing from the Sky Lab video.  If it were wind as you are claiming, this would be clearly visible on the original footage.  No facial distortions regardless of direction that would be accompanied by the large volume of air required for the zero gravity chamber, no dramatic blowing of hair or clothing either.

Please provide applicable evidence that the Sky Lab video was faked.  It is clearly not an air chamber, underwater chamber, wire harness setup or CGI.

Thank you,

CriticalThinker

Offline 3DGeek

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2017, 09:06:24 PM »

Sorry - that's not a "zero gravity chamber" - it's one of those "indoor skydiving" centers.  We have one just up the road from where I live - it's called "iFly" - and while it's a LOT of fun - the experience is nothing like being in zero g.

Under the floor there is a GIGANTIC set of fans that blow air upwards through the chamber.

In your video, you can see the people's clothes fluttering frantically in the high speed airflow.  Nothing like that happens in the skylab video.

Offline J-Man

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2017, 09:37:34 PM »
more fakery

Offline 3DGeek

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2017, 09:47:12 PM »
more fakery

Repeat after me:  CORRELATION DOES NOT IMPLY CAUSATION.

Just because there is a bulge in the guys back pocket that looks like the wire attachment in a movie DOES NOT PROVE that the bulge is due to a wire.

My guess (although I'd need more information to be certain) is that he had the transmitter part of his audio equipment clipped to his belt under the shirt.  That's what it looks like - and you can see astronauts in the ISS using those things in many other videos.

However, if you want to say that everything that comes out of NASA is faked - then fine - believe that if you like.   It doesn't help you in the face of simple earthly evidence such as:

* The appearance of the moon in the Northern and Southern hemispheres being rotated 180 degrees.
* The flight times of airlines being far *far* shorter than your Flat Earth maps would force them to be.
* That the positions and rotations of the stars around the poles don't match the directions compasses point (even after you compensate for the position of the magnetic versus geographic poles).
* That there is NO plausible explanation for how sunsets (and moonsets and star/planet sets) are possible in an FE world.

Those things are far more compelling - and there is no effort here to deny my careful explanations of each of them.

Offline CriticalThinker

• Polite and Pragmatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2017, 10:33:33 PM »
more fakery

That does not apply to the questions that I raised about the video footage from Sky Lab in 1974.  Wires would have become tangled during the maneuvers in the video from 1:18-1:43.  This still does not provide evidence that the Sky Lab video was faked.

Thank you,

Critical Thinker

Offline 3DGeek

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2017, 12:51:26 PM »
more fakery

That does not apply to the questions that I raised about the video footage from Sky Lab in 1974.  Wires would have become tangled during the maneuvers in the video from 1:18-1:43.  This still does not provide evidence that the Sky Lab video was faked.

Thank you,

Critical Thinker

I agree - but it's not a slam-dunk.   Our uber-skeptics might say that NASA spent all the money that was supposed to go into launching guys into space in inventing clever CGI techniques that were decades ahead of their time.

I *KNOW* for 100% sure that's not true - Jim Blinn (who did the actual CGI graphics for NASA missions like Voyager where no actual footage of the spacecraft was possible) is a friend of mine - he invented many of the techniques used today in CGI.  He'd have been in on the secret for sure - and he's definitely not someone who is able to keep a secret!

I can't prove that though.

Honestly - if the FE'ers want to claim a conspiracy - that's fine with me.  There are plenty of better ways to debunk their nonsense.

Offline CriticalThinker

• Polite and Pragmatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2017, 02:12:10 PM »
more fakery

Thank you,

Critical Thinker

I agree - but it's not a slam-dunk.   Our uber-skeptics might say that NASA spent all the money that was supposed to go into launching guys into space in inventing clever CGI techniques that were decades ahead of their time.

I *KNOW* for 100% sure that's not true - Jim Blinn (who did the actual CGI graphics for NASA missions like Voyager where no actual footage of the spacecraft was possible) is a friend of mine - he invented many of the techniques used today in CGI.  He'd have been in on the secret for sure - and he's definitely not someone who is able to keep a secret!

I can't prove that though.

Honestly - if the FE'ers want to claim a conspiracy - that's fine with me.  There are plenty of better ways to debunk their nonsense.

That's why I supplied video examples of cutting edge 1974 CGI technology in my very first post.  It's also why I chose a Sky Lab video instead of a more recent one.  Photo real CGI did not exist in 1974.  Even in 2013 with the Ender's Game example, the bodies don't make it past the Uncanny Valley.  You can see other examples of today's CGI failing to pass the uncanny valley in most modern action movies, especially Marvel.  When they cut out the entire actor and replace him/her with a CGI stunt double it's relatively easy to spot.  The acrobatics filmed on Sky Lab would not be possible to fake in 1974.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2017, 04:52:50 PM »

Lay off personal attacks in the upper fora. Warned.

Offline J-Man

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2017, 06:56:59 PM »

Lay off personal attacks in the upper fora. Warned.

Thank you Junker, I'm occasionally in need of reprimand.

Screamer

« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2017, 03:06:45 PM »
For me, the most damning video evidence that it is all a hoax, comes from NASA.

I can't see how anyone can look at that and say it is real (2 mins 50+)