Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Circle of a Sphere
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2016, 05:31:32 PM »
Deal.

You can start by reading about Dave Akermans experiments here : www.daveakerman.com

We use a lot of the same equipment. In particular, you can read his log of one of his launches here : http://www.daveakerman.com/?p=1154 and http://www.daveakerman.com/?p=592
Are you Dave Akerman?

Doesn't that speak against the 'zetetic' approach (to conclude that the Earth is flat)?
No? What in the world are you talking about? I am going off of assumptions of your flawed RE model for the sake of discussion. I am not making conclusions based on flawed RE logic.

(can't be bothered to search for it via tapatalk)
Me neither.

« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2016, 06:37:35 PM »

Deal.

You can start by reading about Dave Akermans experiments here : www.daveakerman.com

We use a lot of the same equipment. In particular, you can read his log of one of his launches here : http://www.daveakerman.com/?p=1154 and http://www.daveakerman.com/?p=592
Are you Dave Akerman?

Thats a pointless question really.

If I were, would it make a difference?
Ignored by Intikam since 2016.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2016, 06:53:11 PM »

Deal.

Are you Dave Akerman?

It's absolutely not a pointless question. You made a claim of things that you personally have done. I don't care to read the write up of someone else to backup your personal claims. If you aren't interested in talking about it, that's fine.

« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2016, 07:08:52 PM »
Again, would it make a difference if I were Dave Akerman? A lot of the technical challenges with Habs are because of the earth's curvature.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2016, 07:14:30 PM »

Again, would it make a difference if I were Dave Akerman? A lot of the technical challenges with Habs are because of the earth's curvature.

Yes, it would make a difference. If you were him, I would be talking to someone who has at least documented something and explained his process. Instead, I am talking to you who as far as I can tell have only made claims to things you have done.

Christer Fuglesang

« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2016, 09:18:33 PM »

Deal.

Are you Dave Akerman?

It's absolutely not a pointless question. You made a claim of things that you personally have done. I don't care to read the write up of someone else to backup your personal claims.

How should this be interpreted? Does scientific results die with the person who produced them? 

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2016, 09:27:28 PM »
I never stated that. Your comment is irrelevant to the conversation.

Christer Fuglesang

« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2016, 09:48:15 PM »

You'll see that it's a question and not a comment, if you read it again ;-) And it is very relevant question. You're saying that you can't referee to an observation made by others. Many other Flat Earthers state that they'll not rely on observations you have not done yourself.

How do you make consensus in the zetetic 'scientific' world?

Your turn.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2016, 09:56:59 PM »

You'll see that it's a question and not a comment, if you read it again ;-) And it is very relevant question. You're saying that you can't referee to an observation made by others. Many other Flat Earthers state that they'll not rely on observations you have not done yourself.

Your turn.

Your question fits the definition of 'comment.' Regardless, I may have interpreted it as rhetorical aided by your subject-verb disagreement.

Of course valid results do not "die with the person." It is still irrelevant within the context of our discussion. A claim was made regarding first hand evidence obtained from experimentation. All I asked for were details. That would allow me to recreate the experiment if I chose to validate for myself. Instead, all I see is people sidestepping the issue.

Offline CableDawg

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2016, 12:32:09 PM »

Yes, it would make a difference. If you were him, I would be talking to someone who has at least documented something and explained his process. Instead, I am talking to you who as far as I can tell have only made claims to things you have done.

Where is all of your documentation and explanation of your processes? 

Can it be taken as true that you and you alone wrote all of the wiki and faq pages that you joyfully point people to?  If you did not how are we supposed to know that you actually have any knowledge of that which you speak and are not simply repeating the words and works of others?

Or do you acknowledge that everything that you've posted on this site has been posted from a position of zero knowledge of the subject you are speaking of?

Offline Woody

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2016, 01:14:50 PM »

Your turn.

Your question fits the definition of 'comment.' Regardless, I may have interpreted it as rhetorical aided by your subject-verb disagreement.

Of course valid results do not "die with the person." It is still irrelevant within the context of our discussion. A claim was made regarding first hand evidence obtained from experimentation. All I asked for were details. That would allow me to recreate the experiment if I chose to validate for myself. Instead, all I see is people sidestepping the issue.

Christer Fuglesang is making a very good point IMHO.  You direct people to the wiki to be informed.

If you have verified the experiments and observations yourself how do you know you are guiding people to valid information.

I assume you have read my threads pointing out discrepancies, Bishop Experiment and wiki fact checking.  It took me about 20 minutes to verify the information.  Those were the only experiments, evidence and statements made that gave me enough information to check.  The rest lacked any data that would allow me to check into them myself.

The wiki is where YOU guide people to go to seek the truth.

I do not think  Samuel Rowbotham is around what makes him a more honest and trustworthy source of information than Dave Akerman?  Have you met either to personally judge their character?

It really does seem your line of reasoning is that knowledge and experience dies with the person.  Then the next generation needs to backtrack and relearn.

« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2016, 03:27:43 PM »
Well, a high altitude balloon is a quite simple experiment, and the reason I mentioned Dave Akerman is because his experiments inspired me to try it out for myself.

I think it's fair to refer to a source like him, since he includes instructions for everything he does, including the code used for his projects. And it's cheap as well.

I promise you though, for my next launch I'll provide more technical details, so you can reproduce 1:1 what I build.

Offline Rounder

• What in the Sam Hill are you people talking about?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2016, 10:02:22 AM »
What this fact does is refute one of the main false assumptions of FEers, namely, that one can tell what shape the earth is from ground level.
No one makes that assumption - RE'ers just like to think that we do. In reality, it is merely a supporting piece of very anecdotal evidence.

Really?  It is my observation that FE use the naked-eye appearance of flatness quite often here.  In fact, don't take my word for it, take theirs:

Our positive claim can be satisfied by looking down.

Look out your window.

Anyway, the point is that I can see with my own eyes that the Earth is flat.  You can too.

FET predicts that the earth is flat. To test this we need to look out our window. We will see a plane extending farther than the eye can see.

"look out your window" does hold water, considering there are thousands of photos of large spans and great distances that show zero proof of curvature.

In the area around us that we can perceive, the earth appears flat.  Therefore, in trusting our own senses and observations, we can logically conclude we are on a flat surface, and thus a flat earth.
Proud member of İntikam's "Ignore List"
Ok. You proven you are unworthy to unignored. You proven it was a bad idea to unignore you. and it was for me a disgusting experience...Now you are going to place where you deserved and accustomed.
Quote from: SexWarrior
You accuse {FE} people of malice where incompetence suffice

« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2016, 08:23:13 AM »
Yay I made it into a quote repository lol... Love how I am a certified member of the flat earth society now eventhough I've never said the earth was flat. All I've ever done is talk about the inconsistencies in the heliocentric model. I'm honestly not sure what the shape of Earth is, which is a big difference to about 2 months ago when I "knew" it was round. The fact something that was so whole heartedly accepted by me can be debated makes me really call into question a lot of things I've taken for granted, and at the end of the day, if nothing else, I'm glad to actually engage in more critical thought then I have previously.