Offline Tron

• View Profile
Re: An Idea for the flat earth cover-up
« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2021, 08:41:46 PM »
Okay, I have the answer.  Temperature.  In the southern hemisphere planes flying between Africa, Australia, South America etc... Are all flying in warm weather.  Warmer at least then in Northern flight routes of comparable distance. 

This makes the planes fly less efficiently which explains the long flight times.  Planes always prefer to travel in colder temperatures if possible like they do in the Northern Hemisphere.

See the attached two pictures of flight paths and jet streams.

The path from Australia to South America going near Antarctica is still leaving and traveling to hot locations and proximity to Antarctica would only be a small part of the trip if distances were close to half like I'm suggesting.
From the surface Earth looks flat.  From space Earth looks round.  Now what?

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2021, 09:09:31 PM »
Okay, I have the answer.  Temperature.  In the southern hemisphere planes flying between Africa, Australia, South America etc... Are all flying in warm weather.  Warmer at least then in Northern flight routes of comparable distance. 

This makes the planes fly less efficiently which explains the long flight times.  Planes always prefer to travel in colder temperatures if possible like they do in the Northern Hemisphere.

See the attached two pictures of flight paths and jet streams.

The path from Australia to South America going near Antarctica is still leaving and traveling to hot locations and proximity to Antarctica would only be a small part of the trip if distances were close to half like I'm suggesting.

Umm, it doesn't get cold in the Southern Hemisphere? It doesn't get warm in the Northern Hemisphere? Hey, it even snowed in Santiago, Chile a few years back. Your "temperature theory" literally makes zero sense. Again, apply your distance inaccuracies on your map to reality. You're grasping at straws at the moment. It might just be that your map is simply not correct.

Offline Tron

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2021, 01:14:29 AM »
Stack, - Attached is a photo of global flight paths and the surrounding temperatures.  I highlighted the routes northern and southern planes fly in-between.

I understand that flights take 10+ hours between the southern continents the same as the northern continents.  Same distance then? But there is a difference in temperature conditions which need to be considered.

All of the flights down south fly in warmer temperatures on average then the northern flights.

This can explain why planes take the same time to travel different distances.  Cold air makes planes really fast and warm air slow.

That's why planes go out of there way to fly way north and way south (if possible) to take advantage of colder weather as shown in the attached image.

Some say the round flight paths are because the earth is curved and it's a more direct route, but I think it's the weather.

It's a good explanation I think.  For distance sake, I'd say keep the ocean distances the same in the Northern Hemisphere where it's been travelled a lot but consider at least a difference down south where weather plays a factor.

« Last Edit: February 28, 2021, 01:18:56 AM by MetaTron »
From the surface Earth looks flat.  From space Earth looks round.  Now what?

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2021, 03:34:40 AM »
Stack, - Attached is a photo of global flight paths and the surrounding temperatures.  I highlighted the routes northern and southern planes fly in-between.

I understand that flights take 10+ hours between the southern continents the same as the northern continents.  Same distance then? But there is a difference in temperature conditions which need to be considered.

Why does it need to be considered?

All of the flights down south fly in warmer temperatures on average then the northern flights.

How much so? What are the average temperatures at 40,000 feet in each hemisphere? And where in each hemisphere?

This can explain why planes take the same time to travel different distances.  Cold air makes planes really fast and warm air slow.

No it doesn't. Colder air makes engines more efficient meaning more thrust and makes for take-offs and landings being shorter. It doesn't make planes fly faster. Where are you getting this information from?

That's why planes go out of there way to fly way north and way south (if possible) to take advantage of colder weather as shown in the attached image.

Where are you getting the information from that planes "fly way north and way south (if possible) to take advantage of colder weather"?

Some say the round flight paths are because the earth is curved and it's a more direct route, but I think it's the weather.

Well you thinking that is fine. But it's not the documented reason why. And by documented, I mean by the worldwide Airline industry as a whole with data, observations, and tons and tons of real world practical experience and evidence accumulated over decades. Not just one person thinking something.

It's a good explanation I think.

It's not, because all evidence points to a contrary explanation(s).

For distance sake, I'd say keep the ocean distances the same in the Northern Hemisphere where it's been travelled a lot but consider at least a difference down south where weather plays a factor.

The southern hemisphere has been traveled a lot as well. The southern hemisphere is not some "mystery" like it was to Europeans 100's of years ago. I c'mon, It's 2021, not the 1300's.

Your musings are interesting and entertaining. But you need evidence and facts to back them up. And you're trying to ram unfounded explanations into your model just to try and make your model work. When you should be looking at the evidence and facts and adjusting your model accordingly. And as such, you need to reconcile why your distances are way off and examine the cold hard facts as to why that may be rather than making up things like your misconceptions about temperature and its impact on flights. Maybe your map just isn't quite right.

Offline Dr Van Nostrand

• There may be something to this 'Matrix' stuff...
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 02, 2021, 10:12:46 PM »

See the attached two pictures of flight paths and jet stream.

You just made up every word of that out of nothing. It's obvious you have no background in aviation. You have not one piece of evidence to back up anything you have said. You have no data regarding air speeds and air temperatures. You never spoke to one person who actually pilot aircraft on flights like these.

You are just desperately looking for excuses for your failed model of the world.
Round Earther patiently looking for a better deal...

If the world is flat, it means that I have been deceived by a global, multi-generational conspiracy spending trillions of dollars over hundreds of years.
If the world is round, it means that you’re just an idiot who believes stupid crap on the internet.

Offline scomato

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 14, 2021, 09:51:50 PM »
If the map is flat and it shows the entire earth, it is a flat earth map.

It is a flat map of the Earth, not a map of the flat Earth.

There is no map of the entire flat Earth.

There are many ways to produce flat maps. You just need to know how to unfold a globe. The resulting maps have a large number of interrupts, but are (almost) conformal and conserve areas.

Source:

van Wijk, J. J. (2008). Unfolding the Earth: Myriahedral Projections. The Cartographic Journal, 45(1), 32–42. https://doi.org/10.1179/000870408X276594