Offline Iceman

• where there's smoke there's wires
    • View Profile
Re: President Joe Biden
« Reply #260 on: April 01, 2021, 09:19:23 PM »
Ooh look, progress!

I'm definitely generally pro-resource development, but this is an important step.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/epa-trump-experts-removed-b1825226.html

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: April 01, 2021, 10:35:32 PM »
So Biden is doing what is not appropriate? That is much worse.

Is there any evidence of any affirmative action by Biden which has specifically caused these events? What do you reckon Biden is "doing" here?

Would it do any good to suggest that, with the best will in the world, undoing what The Former Guy did in his four years might, just might, take a bit longer than the 60 or so days Biden has had in office thus far....?

Better question: why is Tom against it?  If it was good for Trump and Biden is doing it, Tom should be praising Biden.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Snupes

• Planar Moderator
  • Counting wolves in your paranoiac intervals
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: April 02, 2021, 02:26:02 AM »
I assume he's trying to say "y'all are hypocrites, Biden does same as Trump", which is ironic since he failed so hard to understand that when we were saying the same to him. Also, I think most of us are actually willing to criticize Biden. If he has any part of that, that's shitty af.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2021, 02:55:07 AM by Снупс »
There are cigarettes in joints. You don't smoke it by itself.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: April 02, 2021, 07:00:47 AM »
I assume he's trying to say "y'all are hypocrites, Biden does same as Trump", which is ironic since he failed so hard to understand that when we were saying the same to him. Also, I think most of us are actually willing to criticize Biden. If he has any part of that, that's shitty af.

Agreed. 
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #264 on: April 02, 2021, 07:39:51 AM »
Unfortunately politics is so divisive these days. Too many people see things in complete black and white. Trump is GOOD, Biden is BAD (or the other way around, depending on how you vote).
So EVERYTHING Trump does is good and to be defended no matter how crass, embarrassing or demonstrably false. And EVERYTHING Biden does is bad.

It’s a pretty pathetic and simplistic way of looking at the world but it’s worryingly prevalent.

It’s no better over here. The quality of debate over Brexit was lamentably poor.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: April 04, 2021, 04:48:47 AM »
It’s a pretty pathetic and simplistic way of looking at the world

Sounds more like the self realization and admission of wrongness from someone who has spent years here ranting and repeating the leftist tripe against Trump.

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #266 on: April 04, 2021, 12:27:59 PM »
Sounds more like the self realization and admission of wrongness from someone who has spent years here ranting and repeating the leftist tripe against Trump.

Sounds like the misplaced defiance of someone who has been led astray by the right-ist tripe that surrounded The Former Guy ...

=============================
Not Flat. Happy to prove this, if you ask me.
=============================

Nearly all flat earthers agree the earth is not a globe.

Nearly?

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: April 04, 2021, 05:56:53 PM »
Tom needn't worry. Mike Lindell says Trump will be president again in August and if anyone seems to know what he's talking about it's that guy.
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

« Reply #268 on: April 04, 2021, 09:54:34 PM »
I have visited from prestigious research institutions of the highest caliber, to which only our administrator holds with confidence.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: April 04, 2021, 10:42:24 PM »
nb4 kamala vetoes https://www.politico.com/news/2021/04/03/schumer-senate-marijuana-legalization-478963

Good.
While I personally hate the drug, I for one can't say "Marijuana is bad but drink as much alcohol as you want.".

Offline Iceman

• View Profile
« Reply #270 on: April 04, 2021, 10:55:50 PM »
The arguments against legalization are getting less and less significant all the time.

Especially now as governments are going to be trying to work themselves out of the red after spending like crazy to provide covid relief. A fre hundred million dollars in new tax revenue for every ~15-20M people is an easy way to ease some of the upcoming fiscal stress.

Offline Snupes

• Planar Moderator
  • Counting wolves in your paranoiac intervals
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: April 05, 2021, 08:56:57 PM »
nb4 kamala vetoes

Didn't she sponsor a bill supporting legalization not that long ago?
There are cigarettes in joints. You don't smoke it by itself.

« Reply #272 on: April 05, 2021, 09:11:54 PM »
nb4 kamala vetoes

Didn't she sponsor a bill supporting legalization not that long ago?

she used to be on the legalization train, but now she's (possibly, according to an unnamed aide) falling in step with joe "needs more research" biden.

https://www.bloombergquint.com/onweb/big-pot-tries-to-stop-patrick-kennedy-from-becoming-drug-czar

mostly i just assume that the dnc will figure out some way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.
I have visited from prestigious research institutions of the highest caliber, to which only our administrator holds with confidence.

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #273 on: May 04, 2021, 11:48:54 PM »
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2021/05/04/echoing-trump-biden-sends-letter-stimulus-check-recipients/4929873001/

::)

Just as lame and self-serving as when Trump did it. I fucking cringed when I saw this letter in the mail.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Rama Set

« Reply #274 on: May 05, 2021, 12:07:19 AM »
Politicians and narcissism is pretty iconic.

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #275 on: May 05, 2021, 12:43:05 AM »
Politicians and narcissism is pretty iconic.

And after all the backlash against Trump by the media for (essentially) the same thing; I got the letter days ago and this is the first story I've seen about it. But there's no media bias oh no.

Offline Iceman

• View Profile
« Reply #276 on: May 05, 2021, 01:08:28 AM »
Yeah, sitting politicians should notttt be able to use their office and public funds to essentially advertise their own platforms.

Just do things that people will talk about. That's your job. The advertising and promotional side should take care of itself. Biden bucks and trump cheques is all some next level bullshit. Give the people their money and then get back to work.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: May 05, 2021, 04:34:07 AM »
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2021/05/04/echoing-trump-biden-sends-letter-stimulus-check-recipients/4929873001/

::)

Just as lame and self-serving as when Trump did it. I fucking cringed when I saw this letter in the mail.

I mean, I agree you need a letter to say "yes, we sent you a check.  You got it, right?  If not call this number."

But the IRS should send it.  Biden should have stayed far away.  If he wanted to speak optimistically, he can hold a press conference.  Ugh....

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: May 05, 2021, 08:22:59 PM »
I think there's an appreciable difference between the president including a self-congratulatory letter with the check and insisting that his own signature be on the check itself. The letter is ethically dubious, but putting Trump's signature directly onto the checks as if he was personally paying for the bailouts was fundamentally dishonest.
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: May 05, 2021, 08:26:55 PM »
I think there's an appreciable difference between the president including a self-congratulatory letter with the check and insisting that his own signature be on the check itself. The letter is ethically dubious, but putting Trump's signature directly onto the checks as if he was personally paying for the bailouts was fundamentally dishonest.
Could you elaborate on that? I fail to see the difference - both carry the exact same implication, and were done with the same intention. The main difference, it seems, is that orange man bad. Other than that, we only have the small difference of Trump trying to get his name on the cheques, and Biden trying to publicly announce how much he doesn't want his name on the cheques because he's so much better and purer than Trump.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2021, 08:32:19 PM by Pete Svarrior »
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume