Offline Blanko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls Online/General Elder Scrolls Discussion
« Reply #2040 on: March 28, 2015, 06:48:47 PM »
I do.

So, instead of having 4 classes that can do everything you want more classes that can do everything? What other classes would you add?

Uh, so having all roles fulfilled means there shouldn't be any more classes? Why even have four classes then instead of just one that does everything?

There should be more classes because it's better for gameplay variety, that's all. WoW had it on release, TESO does not a year after release.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2041 on: March 28, 2015, 08:01:30 PM »
Uh, so having all roles fulfilled means there shouldn't be any more classes? Why even have four classes then instead of just one that does everything?

I would have preferred one that can do everything. That doesn't literally mean every person does everything, just that you can specialize in anything you want as the character progresses. I hate class based systems.

There should be more classes because it's better for gameplay variety, that's all. WoW had it on release, TESO does not a year after release.

WoW was also a grind fest that consisted mostly of "find me 10 bear asses" quests. If WoW were to be released today (and some other MMO had been the WoW of its time) then WoW would fail miserably. There's a reason Blizzard lets you pay your way to the higher levels now... because no one wants to grind anymore. TESO tried to move away and for the most part did an okay job. The quests feel a bit more organic and Elder Scroll-like rather than the same thing over and over again.

Also, saying "TESO should be more like WoW" is the dumbest thing I've ever heard and at this point I'm pretty sure I'm being trololololed.

Offline Blanko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2042 on: March 28, 2015, 08:11:18 PM »
TESO does do a better job with quests, but that's about it. Honestly, I think TESO is surprisingly good, but there's so little content in the game that I can't fathom why anyone would have subscribed to play it. It's probably better than WoW as a singleplayer game, but that's not good enough.

« Reply #2043 on: March 28, 2015, 09:14:16 PM »
the classes were all locked to specific roles

Paladin = Tank, DPS, heal
Druid = Tank, DPS, heal
Priest = DPS, heal
Warrior = Tank, DPS
Shaman = DPS, heal

But whatever, you should come heal for us in Fungal Grotto since the classes are so versatile. We could use Saddam but he mysteriously quit playing the game.

That wasn't effectively the case until Wrath.

WoW was also a grind fest that consisted mostly of "find me 10 bear asses" quests. If WoW were to be released today (and some other MMO had been the WoW of its time) then WoW would fail miserably. There's a reason Blizzard lets you pay your way to the higher levels now... because no one wants to grind anymore. TESO tried to move away and for the most part did an okay job. The quests feel a bit more organic and Elder Scroll-like rather than the same thing over and over again.

Also, saying "TESO should be more like WoW" is the dumbest thing I've ever heard and at this point I'm pretty sure I'm being trololololed.

WoW is still grindy, just like every MMO. You can pay to 90 because there's so many fucking levels now, not because people don't want to grind (which is what the game is basically about).
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 09:18:06 PM by Vindictus »

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2044 on: March 28, 2015, 10:33:35 PM »
So, apparently I just took a look at the new "Crown Store" in TESO and they gave me enough freebie crowns to buy the Imperial edition, so I actually just got the Imperial Edition upgrade for free. Thanks, Zenimax.

WoW is still grindy, just like every MMO. You can pay to 90 because there's so many fucking levels now, not because people don't want to grind (which is what the game is basically about).

Not every MMO is grindy, just WoW and the ones who think "the more like WoW I am, the more money I can make!"

Ghost of V

« Reply #2045 on: March 28, 2015, 10:38:23 PM »
Not every MMO is grindy, just WoW and the ones who think "the more like WoW I am, the more money I can make!"

Most remotely successful MMOs are grind-based. They're designed to be a time sink so that people will continue to play. The trick is making the grind fun, which many MMOs fail to do.

« Reply #2046 on: March 28, 2015, 10:48:46 PM »
So, apparently I just took a look at the new "Crown Store" in TESO and they gave me enough freebie crowns to buy the Imperial edition, so I actually just got the Imperial Edition upgrade for free. Thanks, Zenimax.

Show me one that isn't. Grindy =! bad either.

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #2047 on: March 28, 2015, 10:51:19 PM »
TESO isn't grindy.
The Mastery.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2048 on: March 28, 2015, 10:55:27 PM »

www.eveonline.com

TESO isn't grindy.

Also, this is debatable, but the game does feel rather good. Most of the quests don't feel like what I'd describe as "grindy" and I've never found myself running around leveling for the sake of leveling.

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #2049 on: March 29, 2015, 08:50:52 AM »

www.eveonline.com

TESO isn't grindy.

Also, this is debatable, but the game does feel rather good. Most of the quests don't feel like what I'd describe as "grindy" and I've never found myself running around leveling for the sake of leveling.
I've only sort of done this a couple ot times when I've beer really really close to leveling. I mean the XP bar has been like a few pixels away from being full, and all I had to do was whack 5 or 6 critters. If this can be considered grinding then, I dunno.
Sure, I could just as well have finished a quest, but I was so close to level up, and the critters were nearby, so why the fuck not?

Also, I hate it when op veteran fucks comes stealing my boss kills in the low level areas before I even get close enough to get a hit in, forcing me to wait for the fucker to respawn. >o<
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 12:02:29 PM by beardo »
The Mastery.

Offline Pongo

• Most Educated Flat-Earther
  • Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2050 on: March 29, 2015, 12:27:38 PM »
Are there still 6+ bots at evey dungeon boss?

Online Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2051 on: March 29, 2015, 12:41:04 PM »
the classes were all locked to specific roles

Paladin = Tank, DPS, heal
Druid = Tank, DPS, heal
Priest = DPS, heal
Warrior = Tank, DPS
Shaman = DPS, heal

But whatever, you should come heal for us in Fungal Grotto since the classes are so versatile. We could use Saddam but he mysteriously quit playing the game.

That wasn't effectively the case until Wrath.
Most of it was the case in TBC. I don't know about vanilla since I started playing in late vanilla.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #2052 on: March 30, 2015, 05:14:35 PM »
An odd coincidence, given our recent SJW discussions, but I wanted to say that it's very irritating when people use obnoxious gender-neutral pronouns for characters like Boethiah, Mephala, and Vivec.  It's dumb.  Boethiah should just be referred to by whatever form he's taking at the time, Mephala is a she, and Vivec is a he.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2053 on: March 30, 2015, 05:27:14 PM »
An odd coincidence, given our recent SJW discussions, but I wanted to say that it's very irritating when people use obnoxious gender-neutral pronouns for characters like Boethiah, Mephala, and Vivec.  It's dumb.  Boethiah should just be referred to by whatever form he's taking at the time, Mephala is a she, and Vivec is a he.

I thought Boethiah was like the Loki of TES? Capable of shapeshifting genders but still an actual male.

Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
« Reply #2054 on: March 30, 2015, 05:30:41 PM »

Daedric princes have no actual gender, so no, Mephala is not a she. Vivec is a hermaphrodite, so he can be referred to as she as well. You got one right, though!
Your mom is when your mom and you arent your mom.

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #2055 on: March 30, 2015, 05:51:26 PM »
Daedra having no biological sex is irrelevant, because we still refer to them as male or female depending on how they choose to appear.  It's true that Mephala and Vivec are hermaphroditic, but they still present themselves as female and male, respectively.  And to be clear, I don't have an issue with referring to Vivec as she.  My problem is people calling him "ze."  That shit is the worst.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 10:30:51 PM by Saddam Hussein »

Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
« Reply #2056 on: March 30, 2015, 06:00:23 PM »
Who refers to Vivec as ze? Also, what makes that shit the worst? Is it worse that the Holocaust, Saddam?
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 06:31:00 PM by Particle Person »
Your mom is when your mom and you arent your mom.

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #2057 on: March 30, 2015, 06:03:02 PM »
/r/teslore
The Mastery.

Ghost of V

« Reply #2058 on: March 30, 2015, 06:10:10 PM »
Who refers to Vivec as ze?

French people.

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #2059 on: March 30, 2015, 06:26:09 PM »
I got it too. But then I realized I could have gotten that sweet-ass Guar mount instead, but couldn't afford it after buying Imperial Edition. Well, fuc
I settled for the Pony Guar pet instead.
The Mastery.