Offline Orbisect-64

• I'M REVOLTING! . . . make of it what you will
    • View Profile
Thoughts on Southern Lights?
« on: September 14, 2015, 08:03:18 AM »
I'm sure this has been discussed here before, but I wasn't here.

So back in 2012 these poor scientists went to the south "pole" wanting to get a look at the southern lights, but they met with disappointment.

"However, we were to be disappointed. Our predecessors here, last year’s winterers, saw nothing of the fabled lights and gave well-reasoned scientific arguments as to why we wouldn’t see them either. Even Dave, our resident Polar veteran, had only glimpsed the lights once from Rothera in his many years of coming back here."

https://abinantarctica.wordpress.com/2012/09/16/the-southern-lights/

So it seems that you can go to the north and see the northern lights every single year, year after year, with a 100% chance of seeing them. . .  But people who are "resident Polar veterans" of Antarctica go to the south year after year, and never see the southern lights.

By the way, I was in Vermont a few years ago and saw the Northern Lights from there... But these scientists on Adelaide Island never get a glimpse?

What I get from this is...

Northern Lights: Viewable every year by millions of people.

Southern Lights: Never even seen by "resident Polar veterans" returning there year after year.

To add, there are accounts throughout history of the northern lights. Their story is told in novels, songs, poems. . .

Where are the southern lights in history's account?  It seems the southern lights only exist in 21st century pictures and videos, but not on the physical earth.

TNT - Northern Lights

« Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 08:06:22 AM by Orbisect-64 »
PRONOIA: “The delusional belief that the world is set up to benefit people … The confident and assumed trust that despite years of lies and oppression, government is secretly conspiring in your favor.”

Offline Rayzor

• View Profile
Re: Thoughts on Southern Lights?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2015, 12:00:50 PM »
Whether you see them or not depends on a lot of factors.   They are rarely seen from where I am, ( In Victoria)    but  I have seen them many years ago.

They were supposed to be visible from Victoria back in June this year,  but I didn't see them.  You need a Kp index of 9 or more for where I am.

There is an hourly forecast service available for those interested in such things  http://www.aurora-service.net/aurora-forecast/

Youtube video of Aurora Australis from Geelong 

« Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 12:05:03 PM by Rayzor »

Offline huh?

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2015, 01:46:41 PM »
The article that was linked too explains why they where not likely to see the Southern lights from their location.

Both can be seen every year and there is no difference between North or South in frequency of the phenomena.   

Most likely we see more accounts of Northern Lights because the Antarctic is not populated and many more people live closer too the North Pole

Offline Orbisect-64

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2015, 03:43:12 PM »
Rayzor, That does't look anything CLOSE to the northern lights.

And then watch this video that I followed from your link...

Notice the uploader says "Aurora Australis In New Zealand," but on the video itself it says "Night of the NORTHERN Lights" and The film says this is "on the far north of Scotland."

You have to admit it's pretty deceptive to post a video saying it's the "Aurora Australis In New Zealand" when the video was shot in Scotland.

This is exactly what I mean. I'm taking screenshots of the video description for future reference. If there are southern lights, why does an uploader need to lie about it?

I bet everyone says the same thing as you did: "the lights are there, you just can't see them from where I am." That's how the deception works my friend. Just like in the article I posted, people who have been to Antarctica year after year have never seen them. They can give all the pseudo-"scientific" explanations they want for why no one ever sees them in person, it's just more lies.

PRONOIA: “The delusional belief that the world is set up to benefit people … The confident and assumed trust that despite years of lies and oppression, government is secretly conspiring in your favor.”

Offline Orbisect-64

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2015, 03:54:12 PM »

Shot by SpaceWeatherLive.com

When it comes to lies that are mostly told by NASA, I trust all websites with the words "space" in it. And all national groups never have any direct ties to government agencies.

I love checking sources! :)

Offline Orbisect-64

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2015, 03:57:24 PM »
Gee, and look what I followed directly from the SpaceWeatherLive website...

http://www.spacepage.be

NOPE, No connections to NASA whatsoever!

Offline Orbisect-64

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2015, 04:31:13 PM »
Here's another man who uploads videos of the Aurora Australis. Notice the name of his video: "The Power of Interpolation"

The primary definition to interpolation is: "to alter or corrupt by inserting new or foreign matter."

What he corrupted was the video, the foreign matter he inserts is the Aurora Australis.

Offline Rayzor

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2015, 03:12:25 AM »

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2015, 09:49:55 AM »
Here's another man who uploads videos of the Aurora Australis. Notice the name of his video: "The Power of Interpolation"

The primary definition to interpolation is: "to alter or corrupt by inserting new or foreign matter."

But not an appropriate definition. Try the following one:

1.3 Mathematics Insert (an intermediate value or term) into a series by estimating or calculating it from surrounding known values.

What he corrupted was the video, the foreign matter he inserts is the Aurora Australis.

No, he altered the video, by inserting new matter in the form of transitional animation frames in order to create a smooth 4000 frame animation based on just 174 images of the aurora australis.

Direct quote of the video description:

Published on 4 Mar 2015Slowed down time-lapse of a delicate moon-lit auroral display from Smails Beach, Dunedin NZ on 1 March 2015. 174 consecutive two second images, interpolated to produce just under 4000 frames and an animation of 2.5 mins at 25 frames/sec. This comes close to replicating the real-time movement.