Offline Ghost Spaghetti

• Don't look in that mirror. It's absolutely furious
    • View Profile
Re: Transgender Rights
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2016, 04:30:22 PM »
the wiring in your head that should tell you to be attracted to the opposite gender is crossed and you're attracted to the same sex.
So it's a defect.

Yeah, and it's called Gender Dysmorphia. How it manifests in different people is different, some people can get through it with a little counselling, others are happy so long as they can 'present' in the manner of their 'true' gender, and others want to go through HRT and surgery.

Offline Pongo

• Most Educated Flat-Earther
  • Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2016, 08:25:30 PM »
I'm not against co-ed changing rooms.
I can't even take my boyfriend in a dressing room to see how an outfit looks. I have to come out of the room to parade an outfit just because he has a peen.

I think that's to keep a public changing room free from intercourse more than a measure to separate the genders. Though, I could be wrong.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2016, 08:35:51 PM »
I can't even take my boyfriend in a dressing room to see how an outfit looks. I have to come out of the room to parade an outfit just because he has a peen.

I think that's to keep a public changing room free from intercourse more than a measure to separate the genders. Though, I could be wrong.

That reason doesn't make any sense in a world where intercourse doesn't require the opposite gender.

Offline Blanko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2016, 08:49:38 PM »

That reason doesn't make any sense in a world where intercourse doesn't require the opposite gender.

Making policies for the 95% is perfectly pragmatic. Outliers can be dealt with individually.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2016, 10:41:06 PM »
Making policies for the 95% is perfectly pragmatic.

That's true, but not relevant. As you can see from the link in my opening posts, policies these days are being tailored to rare use cases.

Offline xasop

• Administrator
  • Professional computer somebody
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2016, 10:45:40 PM »
I don't see a need for this to be dealt with in law in the first place. Surely it's up to the individual stores who they allow into their changing rooms?
when you try to mock anyone while also running the flat earth society. Lol

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2016, 10:49:30 PM »
I don't see a need for this to be dealt with in law in the first place. Surely it's up to the individual stores who they allow into their changing rooms?

If you had read the article you would have known that the law affects public changing rooms at park and pool facilities.

Thork

« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2016, 12:46:04 PM »
the wiring in your head that should tell you to be attracted to the opposite gender is crossed and you're attracted to the same sex.
So it's a defect.

Yeah, and it's called Gender Dysmorphia.
I have felt for a long time that it is disgusting how the gay community is treated in Western nations. I'm glad you agree.

For how long do people's entire lives have to be ruined before they can get medical treatment to correct these defects? Psychotherapy, genital aversion therapy for the same sex, forced cold turkey with isolation camps, supra-natural doses of hormones, psychoactive drugs, there are so many things we can try so save gays from this awful affliction. But instead we tell them you're fine, be proud you have this problem, go out and indulge this. It is absolutely disgusting people in need are treated like this. The sooner homosexuality is treated as a mental health issue, the sooner real research can be conducted to find a cure. This is the exact same with most mental health issues in the West. They are swept under the carpet. Homosexuality destroys lives in so many ways. There is the social stigma, the damage it causes to families through embarrassment and disgrace, a prevalent suicide rate, a high STD transmission rate and the total destruction of any real chance of a happy biological family. The media is extremely culpable is trying to 'normalise' this tragic disease, harassing and hounding anyone who speaks out that these people need help. Gays are persecuted by the media and prevented from getting the treatment they deserve.

Rama Set

« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2016, 01:28:49 PM »
So it's a defect.

Yeah, and it's called Gender Dysmorphia.
I have felt for a long time that it is disgusting how the gay community is treated in Western nations. I'm glad you agree.

For how long do people's entire lives have to be ruined before they can get medical treatment to correct these defects? Psychotherapy, genital aversion therapy for the same sex, forced cold turkey with isolation camps, supra-natural doses of hormones, psychoactive drugs, there are so many things we can try so save gays from this awful affliction. But instead we tell them you're fine, be proud you have this problem, go out and indulge this. It is absolutely disgusting people in need are treated like this. The sooner homosexuality is treated as a mental health issue, the sooner real research can be conducted to find a cure. This is the exact same with most mental health issues in the West. They are swept under the carpet. Homosexuality destroys lives in so many ways. There is the social stigma, the damage it causes to families through embarrassment and disgrace, a prevalent suicide rate, a high STD transmission rate and the total destruction of any real chance of a happy biological family. The media is extremely culpable is trying to 'normalise' this tragic disease, harassing and hounding anyone who speaks out that these people need help. Gays are persecuted by the media and prevented from getting the treatment they deserve.

Homosexuals are not gender dysmorphic.

Offline rooster

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2016, 01:37:10 PM »

Right, but that's absolutely ridiculous and still is the assumption that made the laws in the first place. Because they assume people of opposite genders can't be in the same room, in a state of undress, and not have sex.

If we were insatiable rabbits, we'd definitely find a way to have sex in their store.

« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2016, 03:28:54 PM »
nb4 thork declares that the gays would all be better off dead

just say it and get it over with and stop pretending you feel any differently
I have visited from prestigious research institutions of the highest caliber, to which only our administrator holds with confidence.

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2016, 03:51:04 PM »
What are you talking about? He said he wants them to be cured. Death is not a cure.
The Mastery.

« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2016, 04:14:57 PM »
What are you talking about? He said he wants them to be cured. Death is not a cure.

ok.  sure.

nb4...stop pretending...

key words
I have visited from prestigious research institutions of the highest caliber, to which only our administrator holds with confidence.

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2016, 04:37:25 PM »
How do you know he's pretending? This is Th*rk. He's convinced everything he says is right.
The Mastery.

« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2016, 05:09:54 PM »
How do you know he's pretending? This is Th*rk. He's convinced everything he says is right.

i think he's convinced he's right being gay or transgendered is somehow bad, but i think every justification he proffers other than "because gay people gross me out" is just a justification he contrives for the benefit of others, not because he actually believes it.  fuck, i dunno, maybe he is actually retarded enough to worry about 'but wat if i saiyd i was a carrott hahaha ima carrot now tbqh.'

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2016, 05:18:28 PM »
I think Thork is disgusted with himself and just wants people to stop telling him to be himself and actually treat his "problem".  Based on previous posts this might be because he's afraid of the AIDS.
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline Ghost Spaghetti

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2016, 06:03:43 PM »
Thork, can we stay on topic?

Gay !=Trans
Trans != Gay

« Reply #37 on: February 29, 2016, 04:50:31 PM »
Are transgenders even discriminated against? Is this a civil rights thing? Other than thinking it's a little odd, I don't think society at large actively wants to oppress trans people.

Offline Pongo

• Most Educated Flat-Earther
  • Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2016, 08:57:01 PM »
I haven't really read this thread all that closely, but I'm definitely with Thork on this one.

Offline Ghost Spaghetti

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2016, 09:46:25 AM »
Are transgenders even discriminated against? Is this a civil rights thing? Other than thinking it's a little odd, I don't think society at large actively wants to oppress trans people.

Hooh boy, whether or not 'society' has actively decided to discriminate against Trans people, it's clear that they do face disproportionate discrimination, whether it's violence:
"When combining all three forms of violence reporting it becomes clear that among transgender people, known others are physically and sexually assaulting transgender people at high rates, and strangers are physically and sexually assaulting transgender people, but also harassing them and causing other types of violence and abuse. These acts of violence are not single incidents, but happen across a lifetime, and often a single individual experiences multiple acts of violence or intolerance on a daily basis." - [1]

Or employment and housing:
"▪▪ Double the rate of unemployment: Survey respondents experience unemployment at twice the rate of
the population as a whole.
▪▪ Near universal harassment on the job: Ninety-seven percent (97%) of those surveyed reported
experiencing harassment or mistreatment on the job.
▪▪ Significant losses of jobs and careers: Forty-seven percent (47%) had experienced an adverse job outcome,
such as being fired, not hired or denied a promotion.
▪▪ High rates of poverty: Fifteen percent (15%) of transgender people in our sample lived on $10,000 per
year or less–double the rate of the general population.
▪▪ Significant housing instability: Nineteen percent (19%) of our sample have been or are homeless, 11%
have faced eviction and 26% were forced to seek temporary space." - [2]

[1] - http://faculty.mu.edu.sa/public/uploads/1425310920.5389violence%20transgender.pdf
[2] - http://www.thetaskforce.org/static_html/downloads/reports/fact_sheets/transsurvey_prelim_findings.pdf