Jelvyc

Re: Drugs should be legal.
« Reply #80 on: December 20, 2013, 05:26:42 PM »
>>That is a different issue entirely<<, Thork. endangering or neglecting a child should be prohibited. however drug use wouldn't necessarily cause this. I could smoke marijuana, for instance, and still feel comfortable with taking care of someone.

Unless you're so high that you neglect your actions even when kids are around you. Like someone strips down naked in public because of drugs. And there's of course the second-hand smoke. And what about the lung cancer issue? The tooth decay? The impairment of your senses while operating machinery? The accelerated deterioration of your muscles? You could even die from and overdose leaving your kids parentless or half-parentless which would then put your kids into a depression that if not tendered could result in them thinking about taking their own lives when they become teenagers or older.. These are among reasons why I don't do drugs because I love my family and I don't need something artificial to make me happy. Drugs should only be for medicinal purposes. But if you want to legalize drugs, who am I to stop you? At least it'll give WTFIWWY some new material every week.

« Reply #81 on: December 20, 2013, 05:48:35 PM »
All of that can happen without drugs and there are things, like cigarettes, which are proven to be harmful and cause cancer which are legal.  Why is the impact of your own life on others a grounds for illegality (outside of dependent neglect)?

Offline bj1234

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 20, 2013, 05:53:33 PM »
>>That is a different issue entirely<<, Thork. endangering or neglecting a child should be prohibited. however drug use wouldn't necessarily cause this. I could smoke marijuana, for instance, and still feel comfortable with taking care of someone.

Unless you're so high that you neglect your actions even when kids are around you. Like someone strips down naked in public because of drugs. And there's of course the second-hand smoke. And what about the lung cancer issue? The tooth decay? The impairment of your senses while operating machinery? The accelerated deterioration of your muscles? You could even die from and overdose leaving your kids parentless or half-parentless which would then put your kids into a depression that if not tendered could result in them thinking about taking their own lives when they become teenagers or older.. These are among reasons why I don't do drugs because I love my family and I don't need something artificial to make me happy. Drugs should only be for medicinal purposes. But if you want to legalize drugs, who am I to stop you? At least it'll give WTFIWWY some new material every week.

Similar stuff happens with alcohol.  Why is that legal and pot not?

Offline bj1234

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 20, 2013, 05:55:23 PM »
The chat shows a year, 2010, I think it's safe to assume it's yearly. It also doesn't mention of it's illegal drug only, prescription drug only, or a combination.  All of this is irrelevant considering who posted it.

I know it is most likely annual.  However, I calculated for worst case and it didn't even come close to the claimed millions.

« Reply #84 on: December 20, 2013, 06:12:53 PM »
Bj, let me again refer you to my statement that any analyses of that chat is irrelevant because of the poster it came from.

Offline Shane

• If you will it, it is no dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 20, 2013, 10:12:09 PM »
He also did not provide a source.
Quote from: Rushy
How do you know you weren't literally given metaphorical wings?

Offline Excelsior John

• Excelsior! Flat Earth FTW!
    • View Profile
    • Excelsior! Flat Earth
« Reply #86 on: December 21, 2013, 12:04:22 AM »
Millions die every day?
You bet ya !

Boom
bang a bang?

That doesn't show anything. That merely shows the % of people of different ages who die of drug overdoses. That could be from a sample of 100, 1000 or 10,000
Bj alredey disproved and humilated you

Boom

bang a bang?

That doesn't show anything. That merely shows the % of people of different ages who die of drug overdoses. That could be from a sample of 100, 1000 or 10,000

Actually, that chart shows # of deaths per 100,000.  So for every 100,000 people aged 45-54, a whopping 25 people die.  However what is missing is the time frame.  Is this an annual death rate, a daily death rate, hourly death rate?  We cannot tell from this graph.

If this is an daily death rate, then 91.8 people die from drugs per 600,000. (I know i am messing up by combining the age groups, I am assuming that all age groups have equal numbers of people in them, however the census data I found doesn't split the age groups up the same way as this graph) according to the 2010 census data, there were 308,745,538 people in the US.  Now if we take the death rate of 91.8 deaths per 600,000 people and multiply it by the number of people, we will then get the daily deaths.

(91.8/600,000)*308,745,538=47238

So if this rate were a daily rate, worst case scenario (unless you want to make it an hourly death rate), you have just over 47,000 deaths per day from drugs.  A far cry from the millions that EJ claimed.
It doesn't mater. Ether way it shows the evils of drugs and how the only thing they do is KILL!!!
Viva la FES!
Quote from: Yaakov ben Avraham link=https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=59968.msg1544396#msg1544396
Excelsior:...You are clearly a reasonable and intelligent person.

Offline spoon

• Foxy wins
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 21, 2013, 12:10:40 AM »
EJ has convinced me. I retract my previous argument in this thread.
inb4 Blanko spoons a literally pizza

Offline Excelsior John

• View Profile
    • Excelsior! Flat Earth
« Reply #88 on: December 21, 2013, 12:15:50 AM »
EJ has convinced me. I retract my previous argument in this thread.
Well im glad you have come to your senses rather than embracing ignorence spoon. You obvousley relize that it is idiotic idea to legelise things that KILL you!
Viva la FES!
Quote from: Yaakov ben Avraham link=https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=59968.msg1544396#msg1544396

Offline Tau

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Magistrum Fallaciae
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 21, 2013, 12:23:55 AM »
Indeed. EJ is wise beyond all years. Possession of drugs should be punishable by death. After all, how else might we protect our drug-affected cousins save by ruining them? How might those knaves learn to lead an honest life save by incarceration? It is not enough to simply teach that drugs do wrong. We must ourselves do as much wrong as the drug if we are to protect our society. For indeed narcotics truly are demons incarnate, and the souls of those possessed thereby must be smited in order to be saved. If thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell; by extension, we may learn that if thine cousin doest offend thee, he ought to be himself cast off, and by this protect our very civilization from being thus.
That's how far the horizon is, not how far you can see.

Read the FAQ: http://wiki.tfes.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline spoon

• Foxy wins
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: December 21, 2013, 12:29:32 AM »
Indeed. EJ is wise beyond all years. Possession of drugs should be punishable by death. After all, how else might we protect our drug-affected cousins save by ruining them? How might those knaves learn to lead an honest life save by incarceration? It is not enough to simply teach that drugs do wrong. We must ourselves do as much wrong as the drug if we are to protect our society. For indeed narcotics truly are demons incarnate, and the souls of those possessed thereby must be smited in order to be saved. If thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell; by extension, we may learn that if thine cousin doest offend thee, he ought to be himself cast off, and by this protect our very civilization from being thus.
QFT
inb4 Blanko spoons a literally pizza

Offline spank86

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 21, 2013, 12:50:26 AM »

Actually He didn't.

It's a terrible chart but whilst I was wrong about exactly what it shows I was 100% correct that it simply doesn't show anything close to millions of deaths per day.

Jelvyc

« Reply #92 on: December 21, 2013, 03:34:11 AM »

I don't know why alcohol is legal to drink either. But regardless, I don't need artificial substances to be happy and content.

Rama Set

« Reply #93 on: December 21, 2013, 03:46:14 AM »

I don't know why alcohol is legal to drink either. But regardless, I don't need artificial substances to be happy and content.

I bet if we examined your life there is some element analagous to drug use in it... I betcha!!!

Offline Excelsior John

• View Profile
    • Excelsior! Flat Earth
« Reply #94 on: December 21, 2013, 04:00:30 PM »
*round of aplase* Beatiful tsunami I couldent agree more. Drugs are nothing but pure evil and this is the truley anti drug antham. The devil is trying to kill us with drugs but we shall stay away from them!!! :D i am moved gretley :)
QFT
Most indeed spoon. Glad to see you are wise as well!!! :)

Actually He didn't.

It's a terrible chart but whilst I was wrong about exactly what it shows I was 100% correct that it simply doesn't show anything close to millions of deaths per day.
Well you know what I mean ether way DRUGS KILL!!!!!!!!!!!

Ikr alcahol should also be ilegel it is the devils drink. And I dont beleive I have seen you before Hello and Welcome to FES!

I bet if we examined your life there is some element analagous to drug use in it... I betcha!!!
Drugs is artificiel hapines and KILLS YOU tho
Viva la FES!

« Reply #95 on: December 21, 2013, 05:43:50 PM »
Next time you are ill and need medication. Don't take it.
Stop drinking caffeine. That includes cola and chocolate.
Stop eating non-organic meat and dairy.
No more honey for you.
Leave your tap water alone (sorry but that includes almost all food types).

You can't avoid taking drugs. They will kill all 7 billion of us in the end  ::)

Offline bj1234

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 21, 2013, 05:48:42 PM »
No more honey for you.

You can't avoid taking drugs. They will kill all 7 billion of us in the end  ::)
And at MILLIONS a day, we only have less than 20 years left!!!!!!

1 million per day * 365 days per year = 365 million per year
365 million per year * 20 years = 7.3 billion!!!!!
 We are all dead!!!!! :o

Offline Excelsior John

• View Profile
    • Excelsior! Flat Earth
« Reply #97 on: December 21, 2013, 06:51:43 PM »
No more honey for you.

Thats not wat I ment i ment like things that get you high like marahuana and weed and alcahol and stuff. And I dont use cafine ether. I drink cofe and soda but they are obvz decaf cuz I dont get high
No more honey for you.

You know what I flippin mean!!!!!! ::)
Viva la FES!

Offline bj1234

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 21, 2013, 06:56:23 PM »
No more honey for you.

Thats not wat I ment i ment like things that get you high like marahuana and weed and alcahol and stuff. And I dont use cafine ether. I drink cofe and soda but they are obvz decaf cuz I dont get high
No more honey for you.

You know what I flippin mean!!!!!! ::)
Well, then say what you mean.  I am not a mind reader.  I can only go by what you write.  You wrote that millions of people die a day from drugs.  I can only assume that that is what you mean.

« Reply #99 on: December 21, 2013, 08:55:39 PM »
So because something gets you high means its bad for you? Best lay off the sugar then. Watch out the next time you stand up too
fast, it might kill you.

In relation to the whole range of problems which can happen to those who use drugs, death is by far the least likely outcome, but one which, not surprisingly, attracts most attention and causes most concern. Like all data about illegal drug use, information about deaths comes from a variety of sources that combine to present a patchy and incomplete picture. Hence this is a highly simplified overview of what we know about deaths from drug use and how these compare to deaths caused by alcohol and tobacco.

http://www.drugscope.org.uk/resources/faqs/faqpages/how-many-people-die-from-drugs

Psychoactive substances implicated in np-SAD deaths, England, 2011 [6]

Total    -    1,172
Alcohol in combination  325
Amphetamines  43
Anti-depressants  287
Anti-epileptics  5
Anti-Parkinson's  5
Anti-psychotics  66
Cannabis    23
Cocaine  122
Ecstasy-type drugs 20
GHB/GBL 10
Heroin/morphine 355
Hypnotics/sedatives 286
Methadone  327
Other opiates / opioid analgesics 328

Note the items in bold, these are the only illegal drugs here, the others are controlled drugs.

Reported Road Casualties in Great Britain, 2012
Killed 1,754
Seriously Injured 23,039
Slightly Injured 193,784
All 195,723

http://www.rospa.com/faqs/detail.aspx?faq=296

Another interesting fact is that 1 in 11 deaths in the uk are caused by obesity.

Aprox 0.033% of deaths were caused by illegal drugs in 2011.