Offline xasop

• Administrator
  • Professional computer somebody
    • View Profile
Irish marriage equality referendum
« on: May 23, 2015, 09:45:35 AM »
Ireland went to the polls yesterday to vote in a referendum on providing for equal marriage rights in their constitution. Based on the reports I've read, there was a significantly higher turnout than expected, and polls predict a Yes victory.

I'll be keeping my eye on this. The results are due to be announced in another few hours; with any luck, common sense has prevailed and Ireland has voted to end marriage discrimination.
when you try to mock anyone while also running the flat earth society. Lol

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
Re: Irish marriage equality referendum
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2015, 12:32:30 PM »
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline xasop

• Administrator
    • View Profile

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2015, 05:00:07 AM »
Although this is a terrible way to decide such an issue, I'm glad the vote turned out the way it did.
Quote from: Saddam Hussein
I don't know what you're implying, but you're probably wrong.

Offline Blanko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2015, 05:05:06 AM »
with any luck, common sense has prevailed and Ireland has voted to end marriage discrimination.

That won't be the case either way, as this referendum is only dealing with some aspects of marriage discrimination, not all of it.

Offline jroa

• Kentucky Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2015, 07:28:07 AM »
with any luck, common sense has prevailed and Ireland has voted to end marriage discrimination.

That won't be the case either way, as this referendum is only dealing with some aspects of marriage discrimination, not all of it.

You don't understand the concept of precedent, do you?

Offline Ghost Spaghetti

• Don't look in that mirror. It's absolutely furious
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2015, 08:12:27 AM »
Although this is a terrible way to decide such an issue, I'm glad the vote turned out the way it did.

I agree, unfortunately it's the only way to decide it in Ireland as it involved a change to the constitution which requires a referendum of the Irish people.

Thork

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2015, 12:14:36 PM »
Yuck.

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2015, 05:19:48 PM »
I don't see what is "yuck" about it. I mean, I am not gay in the slightest, and personally, I find the whole concept repulsive, but why do you care who sleeps with whom, and who marries whom? I mean, if a dude wants to marry his lawn chair, and said chair is adult and sentient, and can consent, what concern is it of yours? It's not like they are forcing the Churches, Synagogues, Temples, or other religious facilities to perform such marriages.

I think its nasty, personally. But it also doesn't affect my marriage. Does it affect yours? Are you and your wife threatened by what two men do in their bedroom? If you are, I would say you have some VERY serious issues, man.

EDIT: Just for informational purposes, right now I am on my computer, but some times I shall be on my basic phone when I respond. When you see a response that uses abbreviations (such as w/ or @) and a lot of contractions, and is very short and terminates in a (CONT), that means that I am on my basic phone and out of space, and indicates that I shall be following up with another post or more than one. Please be patient and do await my response. I am quick with a phone keypad at thumb-texting my responses, but not as quick as a full keyboard, obviously. Thank you for your patience.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 05:22:55 PM by Yaakov ben Avraham »

Thork

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2015, 10:21:28 PM »
I don't see what is "yuck" about it ... I find the whole concept repulsive
::)

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2015, 01:04:33 AM »
Good on them. It's nice to see the world coming to a place where you aren't discriminated against for liking different genitals than other people.
You don't think I'm going to post here sober, do you?  ???

I have embraced my Benny Franko side. I'm sleazy.

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2015, 05:10:41 AM »
I don't see what is "yuck" about it ... I find the whole concept repulsive
::)

Good way to take things out of context. But, common sense isn't always common…
« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 03:18:46 PM by Yaakov ben Avraham »

Offline xasop

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2015, 06:36:44 AM »
I have an easy solution for you, Thork. If you find same-sex marriage so repulsive, don't marry a guy.

Offline Excelsior John

• Excelsior! Flat Earth FTW!
    • View Profile
    • Excelsior! Flat Earth
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2015, 01:31:09 PM »
I am so glad to here that Ireland has changed there opresive law and let same-sex cupels marey!!! Any tipe of law discrimating agenst gays is a CRIME AGENST HUMANITEY and anywon that suports such a law is worse than flippin hitler and ALMOST as evil as bush! Now its time to bring this progresive atitude to the USA and get the sapreme cort to FINALEY let gay cupels evereywere make there love oficiel and let them adop childrin!!! I flippin hate these stupit homophobic rascist republicens who are geting in the way of progres! We shuld throw all of them in JAIL!!!
I have an easy solution for you, Thork. If you find same-sex marriage so repulsive, don't marry a guy.
Exacley good job parsial!!! Th*rk is a homophob! If you dont like it then leve!!!!
Viva la FES!
Quote from: Yaakov ben Avraham link=https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=59968.msg1544396#msg1544396
Excelsior:...You are clearly a reasonable and intelligent person.

Offline Ghost Spaghetti

• Don't look in that mirror. It's absolutely furious
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2015, 08:16:35 AM »
Oh good. He's back...