Offline Action80

• View Profile
Re: Coronavirus Vaccine and You
« Reply #980 on: September 24, 2021, 10:24:40 AM »
What kind of person is behind it to think murdering billions of people will make their life better?
Answer= Shifter, Rama, LordDave, stack, xasop, Iceman, rooster, garygreen, et.al.
To be honest I am getting pretty bored of this place.

Rama Set

« Reply #981 on: September 24, 2021, 10:47:13 AM »
Interesting. Let me know when people have started preventing liberals and gays from buying food at supermarkets.

Nice propaganda. There is no law in France banning people from buying food or water. They are not allowed to enter malls. Some malls have groceries. Stop with the hysteria.
Once you've seen one shopping centre you've seen the mall...
(The mall, them all, see...oh if I have to explain it...)

Tom seems to have gone full Helen Lovejoy (won't someone please think of the unvaccinated).
Clearly we're not heading for a genocide
But if you strip away the trolling and hyperbole, I think there's a reasonable point about a 2 tier society which I have concerns about.
I mean, how much risk are the unvaccinated anyway? That's hard to quantify, but I would suggest it's not that high.

YOU might have a reasonable point. Tom does not. Your desire to try and be inclusive to his vapid arguemwnts does no favors. If you want to make a point about “Tier 2” people then do so.

Online AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #982 on: September 24, 2021, 11:04:46 AM »
YOU might have a reasonable point. Tom does not. Your desire to try and be inclusive to his vapid arguemwnts does no favors. If you want to make a point about “Tier 2” people then do so.
Well of course he doesn't. He's a troll who people really should stop feeding.
My desire was to try and steer us back to a reasonable discussion. And I already made my point.
I don't think the unvaccinated pose a significant risk to the public given that we now have a largely vaccinated population.
Ergo I don't think they should be denied access to malls or theatres or denied treatment (while agreeing about the way people are triaged, that's just basic medicine)
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Rama Set

« Reply #983 on: September 24, 2021, 11:41:59 AM »
Well of course he doesn't. He's a troll who people really should stop feeding.
My desire was to try and steer us back to a reasonable discussion. And I already made my point.
I don't think the unvaccinated pose a significant risk to the public given that we now have a largely vaccinated population.
Ergo I don't think they should be denied access to malls or theatres or denied treatment (while agreeing about the way people are triaged, that's just basic medicine)

The unvaccinated lose a significant health risk to the unvaccinated, obviously, they also deserve protection especially since a portion of those unvaccinated are not making a choice, they are medically unable to vaccinate. People like Thork would say they should stay home, but I think the opposite is more reasonable, those who are making the choice not to vaccinate should bear the weight of that choice over those who can not choose to vaccinate.

Again, it’s worth pointing out that numerous vaccines are required to participate in society to different degrees and that this vaccine does not present any serious health risks

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: September 24, 2021, 01:06:23 PM »
What kind of person is behind it to think murdering billions of people will make their life better?
Answer= Shifter, Rama, LordDave, stack, xasop, Iceman, rooster, garygreen, et.al.

Hey, careful puppet, it looks an awful lot like you're saying the vaccine is dangerous here, but supposedly that was never your argument!

You should probably just go back to just ignoring what people are saying and yelling NAZI!, it was a good fit for you.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2021, 01:08:52 PM by Roundy »
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Online AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #985 on: September 24, 2021, 02:23:09 PM »
The unvaccinated lose a significant health risk to the unvaccinated
I guess you meant "pose" but do they, though? Is it significant? We are talking about a virus with a CFR of 1% and that risk is skewed heavily towards older people and is also the CFR of an unvaccinated population. I agree people not taking the vaccination are stubborn idiots, but I don't believe they are a significant risk to anyone.

Again, it’s worth pointing out that numerous vaccines are required to participate in society to different degrees
Is that true? I don't know what it's like in the States. I was vaccinated against all kinds of things when I was a kid.
I can't remember ever being asked about it - I mean, maybe in the context of a medical appointment but to go to the shops or to the theatre or to any venue? Since when has living a day to day life required any vaccination or being asked to prove vaccination status.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #986 on: September 24, 2021, 02:39:44 PM »
Answer= Shifter, Rama, LordDave, stack, xasop, Iceman, rooster, garygreen, Roundy, et.al.

Hey, careful puppet, it looks an awful lot like you're saying the vaccine is dangerous here, but supposedly that was never your argument!
Thanks for reminding me I forgot to include you in the list.
To be honest I am getting pretty bored of this place.

Rama Set

« Reply #987 on: September 24, 2021, 03:23:17 PM »
The unvaccinated lose a significant health risk to the unvaccinated
I guess you meant "pose" but do they, though? Is it significant? We are talking about a virus with a CFR of 1% and that risk is skewed heavily towards older people and is also the CFR of an unvaccinated population. I agree people not taking the vaccination are stubborn idiots, but I don't believe they are a significant risk to anyone.

What you believe is irrelevant. COVID is poised to become the leading cause of death in the US. CFR is only part of the equation. It’s also an easily spread virus. This is all preventable.

Again, it’s worth pointing out that numerous vaccines are required to participate in society to different degrees
Is that true? I don't know what it's like in the States. I was vaccinated against all kinds of things when I was a kid.
I can't remember ever being asked about it - I mean, maybe in the context of a medical appointment but to go to the shops or to the theatre or to any venue? Since when has living a day to day life required any vaccination or being asked to prove vaccination status.

My son would not be permitted to attend school without his mandatory vaccines, this is common throughout North America. The vaccine hesitant say nothing about that because it’s largely about a political issue for them and not a medical issue, which it should be. Also, no one is being prevented from living day to day life, that’s some Tom level dramatics. Unvaccinated people are simply having to make different arrangements based on their choice. Is it uncomfortable for them? Yes, but the solution is accessible, free and safe. As I pointed out above COVID is poised to become the leading cause of death in the US. It’s a significant risk that is eminently preventable and unless their constitutional rights are being impinged on, I consider it a reasonable cost of participating in society.

I will say, I’d prefer that these measures weren’t so heavy handed. It’s been a difficult year and a half for everyone. People are tired, stressed and fearful. But the carrot was tried, and balked at by large swathes of people who unfortunately are buying the propaganda from corrupt assholes who are no doubt, vaccinated themselves. So at this point, I would like to see populations get vaccinated up to the scientifically substantiated herd immunity level and then hopefully add this vaccine in to the suite of shots kids regularly get.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: September 24, 2021, 04:08:07 PM »

Sooo... Murdering billions, including myself, is going to make my life better?
But I'll definitely lose my job.  Have no hope of buying a house.  My wife will die too, leaving my kids orphans.
How will my life be better?
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: September 24, 2021, 04:40:58 PM »
Answer= Shifter, Rama, LordDave, stack, xasop, Iceman, rooster, garygreen, Roundy, et.al.

Thanks for reminding me I forgot to include you in the list.

Thanks, I felt a bit insulted being left off.
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Online AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #990 on: September 25, 2021, 08:18:43 AM »
Remind you of anyone?

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: September 25, 2021, 08:01:20 PM »
Hey Aussies:
Are the quarentine camps for anyone who shows a sniffle?  Are they being forced in, taking away their phones, and being forced to pay huge amounts of money?
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

« Reply #992 on: September 25, 2021, 10:32:02 PM »

Since when has living a day to day life required any vaccination or being asked to prove vaccination status.
Since there is a world wide pandemic that has killed millions of people and will kill millions more unless we take action.  I can just hear someone during the blitz on London saying "I'm going to keep the lights on in my house, I don't care about German bombers, you can't tell me what to do".  We are a species that is being attacked by another species; We must work as a unit it to defeat the attack.

« Reply #993 on: September 25, 2021, 10:43:31 PM »
Hey Aussies:
Are the quarentine camps for anyone who shows a sniffle?  Are they being forced in, taking away their phones, and being forced to pay huge amounts of money?

The only quarantines I know that happen are from overseas arrivals or interstate. Phones are not taken away

The hotel stay is at your own expense

If you have a sniffle or symptoms already you are advised to get tested and stay at home. If you test positive then you are ordered to stay at home. Nothing is taken away from you

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: September 26, 2021, 06:35:45 AM »
Hey Aussies:

The only quarantines I know that happen are from overseas arrivals or interstate. Phones are not taken away

If you have a sniffle or symptoms already you are advised to get tested and stay at home. If you test positive then you are ordered to stay at home. Nothing is taken away from you

What about the camps they built?  Expense to person?

« Reply #995 on: September 26, 2021, 07:20:47 AM »
Hey Aussies:

Hotels were never built for quarantine purposes. There was too much transmission inside the hotels

The 'camps' are much better. Each unit being self contained. People able to have fresh air and a quarantine that does its job. I know I'd rather be in one of those than a weakly fortified hotel

It would be paid like the currently hotel system is.  Which is still expensive IMO. But that's still cheaper than the billions of dollars it would cost the state in an uncontrolled spread and death of Covid. I guess the cats already out of the bag in some states already. Some states are covid free and enjoying life as normal. Can't blame 'em for wanting to keep it that way

' camps' have such a negative connotation though. Let's use the gubberments feel good spin doctored word of 'village' instead :)

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-05-09/mining-camp-designers-plan-covid-19-quarantine-hub-in-wa/100119364
« Last Edit: September 26, 2021, 07:23:50 AM by Shifter »

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: September 26, 2021, 08:48:32 AM »
Hey Aussies:

Hotels were never built for quarantine purposes. There was too much transmission inside the hotels

The 'camps' are much better. Each unit being self contained. People able to have fresh air and a quarantine that does its job. I know I'd rather be in one of those than a weakly fortified hotel

It would be paid like the currently hotel system is.  Which is still expensive IMO. But that's still cheaper than the billions of dollars it would cost the state in an uncontrolled spread and death of Covid. I guess the cats already out of the bag in some states already. Some states are covid free and enjoying life as normal. Can't blame 'em for wanting to keep it that way

' camps' have such a negative connotation though. Let's use the gubberments feel good spin doctored word of 'village' instead :)

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-05-09/mining-camp-designers-plan-covid-19-quarantine-hub-in-wa/100119364

Thanks.
My mom was convinced they were sending anyone in Austrailia who showed any symptoms to these camps and taking their phones and other communication devices then charging them.  All against their will.

« Reply #997 on: September 27, 2021, 03:59:47 AM »

Thanks.
My mom was convinced they were sending anyone in Austrailia who showed any symptoms to these camps and taking their phones and other communication devices then charging them.  All against their will.
[/quote]

Best bet to get information on another country is to read their own news that's considered 'independent' (so no political 'sides')

For example I wouldnt learn about America listening to Cucker Tarlson. Certainly wouldn't want to get Australia news from him.... I've seen his attempts on trying to educate his audience about life in Australia lol

https://abc.net.au/news/

Free and as unbiased as it gets in this day and age

Offline xasop

• Administrator
  • Professional computer somebody
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: September 27, 2021, 11:54:58 AM »
Best bet to get information on another country is to read their own news that's considered 'independent' (so no political 'sides')

For example I wouldnt learn about America listening to Cucker Tarlson. Certainly wouldn't want to get Australia news from him.... I've seen his attempts on trying to educate his audience about life in Australia lol

The ABC is the state broadcaster, which is as far from independent as you can get. I agree with you that it's a good and mostly unbiased source, but "independent" is not a good adjective.
when you try to mock anyone while also running the flat earth society. Lol

« Reply #999 on: September 27, 2021, 05:30:04 PM »

The ABC is the state broadcaster, which is as far from independent as you can get. I agree with you that it's a good and mostly unbiased source, but "independent" is not a good adjective.

Ok, to clarify, it is editorially independent 'as ensured by the 1983 Act'. It is detached from government direction. Despite being funded and owned by 'the government', people who read/watch it can have some assurance there is no bias or government oversight / direction.

Nothing is perfect but reading that place for news, you can read with much better assurance what's really going on. Anything else is just trashy tabloids.