Can you add a Round Earth section so we can discuss Round Earth stuff

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
Re: To make this place more civilised for Round Earthers
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2017, 02:53:11 PM »
Surely Round Earthers have enough echo chambers already to talk about how they totally agree with one another and how good they feel about it? Most of the World Wide Web comes to mind.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2017, 03:51:31 PM »
Try this thread

NO! Don't reply to that thread, just read it. If a bunch of people show up and post low-content stuff there it will get deleted.

You can discuss round earth questions here all you want, just don't show up and post things like OMG OMG OMG YES THE EARTH IS ROUND YOU ALL ARE IDIOTS.

State your piece of evidence, and rebut ideas not people.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2017, 04:11:07 PM »
Well Junker I have a suggestion

I am just a moderator, so that is something the admins would have to do. Having said that, major changes do not get made unless the majority of the community is in favor of it.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2017, 04:20:23 PM »
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2017, 04:45:24 PM »
You can discuss round earth questions here all you want, just don't show up and post things like OMG OMG OMG YES THE EARTH IS ROUND YOU ALL ARE IDIOTS.
And suddenly, just for one moment, a moment of unprecedented clarity shone through the Round Earther's mind.

If this is how you feel about your single thread, imagine how tedious it must be to see it across the entire forum, together with statements of outrage when we choose not to engage them.

I do agree with the sentiment of the OP, in a way - something should be done to reduce the amount of RE'er spam. It's one thing to disagree, and another thing entirely to respond with "BECUZ THE ERTH IS ROUND LOL" to every FE question.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline crutonius

• Just a regular guy. No funny business here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2017, 04:56:27 PM »
Well Junker I have a suggestion

Uh, there's like 5 flat earthers here.  Wouldn't a better use of their time be trying to attract more flatties?

Offline xenotolerance

• byeeeeeee
    • View Profile
    • flat Earth visualization
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2017, 06:40:05 PM »
Try this thread

NO! Don't reply to that thread, just read it. If a bunch of people show up and post low-content stuff there it will get deleted.

State your piece of evidence, and rebut ideas not people.

Excellent point. I guess I was thinking more reading and less posting.

Offline Dither

• The night above the dingle starry,
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2017, 05:08:36 AM »
Something should be done to reduce the amount of RE'er spam.

I think we should have a thread for true believers where us FEers can relax a bit and discuss models without constant harassment, If an RE wishes to join the thread they can ask permission and come in and as long as they treat it as if they are a hypothetical Flat Earther they should be allowed to contribute also. I know this sounds a bit strange but its kind of already happening when the REers answer for us when we are absent from the conversation or just can't be bothered.
A lie will make it around the world before the truth has time to put on its shoes.

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2017, 02:39:37 AM »
Something should be done to reduce the amount of RE'er spam.

I think we should have a thread for true believers where us FEers can relax a bit and discuss models without constant harassment, If an RE wishes to join the thread they can ask permission and come in and as long as they treat it as if they are a hypothetical Flat Earther they should be allowed to contribute also. I know this sounds a bit strange but its kind of already happening when the REers answer for us when we are absent from the conversation or just can't be bothered.
Honestly I think that would be a good idea. From what I've seen in my short time here, FEers seem to be all over the place as far as theory and beliefs and stuff. Seems like a thread gets going with one FEer and down the line another FEer is like hold the phone, I don't agree with any of that.
I would suggest maybe even hiding it, invite only through PM so that you can develop your FET. Then come to the debate section and refute stuff as a society and not a bunch of individuals. When something has a flaw that you didn't see or w/e, you go back, adjust and then debate again.
Not trying to be a dick, just want debate w/o a million IDKs and whatnot.

Offline Mark_1984

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2017, 07:22:49 AM »
To be frank, I don’t think too many round earthers come here to be welcomed, and expect to be challenged. We know we’re not going to change your minds, and even if we did, you probably won’t admit it in public.

Offline 3DGeek

• Path of photon from sun location to eye at sunset?
    • View Profile
    • What path do the photons take from the physical location of the sun to my eye at sunset
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2017, 05:29:23 PM »
I could understand why you'd want to avoid having an RET forum section.

However, I think it would DRASTICALLY cut down on the number of repeats of the same argument if there was a place where the most common criticisms of FET could be "stickied" so that newbies who think they've just discovered a new disproof of FET could be directed towards.

So perhaps a "COMMON CRITICISMS" section?

I don't know who would decide which criticisms are worthy of being stickied...but I'm sure some mechanism could be devised.  This would actually help both sides of the debate.

Hey Tom:  What path do the photons take from the physical location of the sun to my eye at sunset?

Offline gizmo910

• Si vis pacem, para bellum
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2017, 05:44:14 PM »
I could understand why you'd want to avoid having an RET forum section.

However, I think it would DRASTICALLY cut down on the number of repeats of the same argument if there was a place where the most common criticisms of FET could be "stickied" so that newbies who think they've just discovered a new disproof of FET could be directed towards.

So perhaps a "COMMON CRITICISMS" section?

I don't know who would decide which criticisms are worthy of being stickied...but I'm sure some mechanism could be devised.  This would actually help both sides of the debate.
Or they could update the FAQ with questions that are frequently answered in the forum. That way, a simpler response would be to reference the FAQ/Wiki (both of which should be updated)
Flat Earth Society has members all around the globe.

“When you surround an army, leave an outlet free. Do not press a desperate foe too hard.”
― Sun Tzu, The Art of War

;)