Any one here "in" on the "Conspiracy"?
« on: April 17, 2018, 04:05:12 PM »
I've been reading these forums for a few months now (without an account) and have never come across a post from anyone that is in on this RE conspiracy.  According the FE community I would qualify as being in on it.  I'm curious if I'm the only one that has posted or have they been deleted?

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
Re: Any one here "in" on the "Conspiracy"?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2018, 04:46:01 PM »
We get many people who loudly claim to be in on it. They're rarely taken with much seriousness, for reasons which should hopefully be obvious.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline Parallax

• Disciple of Dr Rowbotham
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2018, 05:53:49 PM »
I doubt anyone here is in on it tbh. They believe the earth to be round but not to the point that they are covering it up from some high level government position.

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2018, 06:36:29 PM »
I've been reading these forums for a few months now (without an account) and have never come across a post from anyone that is in on this RE conspiracy.  According the FE community I would qualify as being in on it.  I'm curious if I'm the only one that has posted or have they been deleted?
There is a conspiracy here, especially as you say "deleted messages" I have seen posts, one today, deleted because it cast aspersions on a Flat Earth believer and Zetetic council member. Remeber what you see here has been editited by a moderator who is a Flat Earth believer. This makes the debate a moot point. No posts should be deleted, if they are irrelevent, they will be passed over and it shouldnt be for a Flat Earther to decide what is "relevent" to the discussion.

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2018, 06:45:53 PM »
There is a conspiracy here, especially as you say "deleted messages" I have seen posts, one today, deleted because it cast aspersions on a Flat Earth believer and Zetetic council member.

no there isn't, and no you haven't.

I have visited from prestigious research institutions of the highest caliber, to which only our administrator holds with confidence.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2018, 06:53:42 PM »
There is a conspiracy here, especially as you say "deleted messages" I have seen posts, one today, deleted because it cast aspersions on a Flat Earth believer and Zetetic council member. Remeber what you see here has been editited by a moderator who is a Flat Earth believer. This makes the debate a moot point. No posts should be deleted, if they are irrelevent, they will be passed over and it shouldnt be for a Flat Earther to decide what is "relevent" to the discussion.

Have to say that hasn't been my experience. I have seen that more established FE posters can get away with things that RE posters get a slapped wrist about but my views are pretty clear and I've never had any posts deleted.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2018, 06:54:58 PM »
Remeber what you see here has been editited by a moderator who is a Flat Earth believer.
If someone edits a post, it will leave a note about such below the post.
This makes the debate a moot point.
Really? Round Earthers still seem to get the upper hand most of the time.
No posts should be deleted, if they are irrelevent, they will be passed over and it shouldnt be for a Flat Earther to decide what is "relevent" to the discussion.
No posts? Not even spam?
Recommended reading: We Have No Idea by Jorge Cham and Daniel Whiteson

Turtle Town, a game made by my brothers and their friends, is now in private beta for the demo! Feedback so far has been mostly positive. Contact me if you would like to play.

Offline Stagiri

• You can call me Peter
    • View Profile
    • Stagiri Blog
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2018, 07:02:41 PM »
No posts should be deleted, if they are irrelevent, they will be passed over and it shouldnt be for a Flat Earther to decide what is "relevent" to the discussion.
No posts? Not even spam?

Maybe they should be hidden. You then could choose in settings whether or not you want to show them.
Dr Rowbotham was accurate in his experiments.
How do you know without repeating them?
Because they don't need to be repeated, they were correct.

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2018, 08:04:27 PM »
There is a conspiracy here, especially as you say "deleted messages" I have seen posts, one today, deleted because it cast aspersions on a Flat Earth believer and Zetetic council member.

Yes I have, you are perhaps a bit slow on the uptake, A post about Tom with an accompanied youtube video highlighting that perhaps he wasnt who he says he is. I will try to find it on youtube if I can. Because you didnt see it doesnt mean that it wasnt there for a short time. You havent met everyone in the world, doesnt mean they dont exist. Why was this post deleted? It wasnt there for long so you probably missed it. As with others I have seen, that have been deleted.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2018, 08:26:29 PM »

Yes I have, you are perhaps a bit slow on the uptake, A post about Tom with an accompanied youtube video highlighting that perhaps he wasnt who he says he is. I will try to find it on youtube if I can. Because you didnt see it doesnt mean that it wasnt there for a short time. You havent met everyone in the world, doesnt mean they dont exist. Why was this post deleted? It wasnt there for long so you probably missed it. As with others I have seen, that have been deleted.

Sorry fam, post was split and moved, not deleted. I was initially just going to remove the video and give a warning, but it really was just an off-topic rant.

For everyone else, posts rarely get deleted. Things get split/moved a lot if they break rules, or merged if recent and similar topics exist. Usually only spam bots get deleted. Even absolute shitposts just get moved to the bottom fora, and warnings/bans issued as needed.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 08:28:52 PM by junker »

Offline SiDawg

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2018, 11:23:10 PM »
I think the forum is moderated well: personal attacks aren't tolerated so the discussions are generally pretty cordial, but still allowed to get a bit heated and frustrated some times which is understandable for something so polar: both sides think the other side is completely ridiculous. The "tone" set is remarkably good, compared to how quickly you tube comments descend in to completely ridiculous ranting from both sides. Topics are "usually" kept on point.

Of course the idea of a global conspiracy from the space industry is one of the most ridiculous concepts required for flat earth belief... But if you WERE a member of such a conspiracy, and you wanted to "whistle blow", you wouldn't do it here: you'd go straight to 60 minutes for millions of dollars. Hence why the conspiracy theory is so ridiculous: there's little motivation for someone to keep it a secret (i.e. if the world was flat, who would give a crap? if it's flat, it's flat. I mean it ISN'T, quite clearly, but who would care if it was? Certainly not scientists, they would WELCOME any opportunity to have a "greater understanding" of the world. A flat earth pretty much proves the existence of god (i mean, how else would something so ridiculous be possible?) so that's an explosive revelation, but again, why would that motivate people NOT to tell anyone?? A religious person would have every reason to reveal that! So 1) huge financial motivation 2) huge religious motivation, not to mention the prestige of such a leak 3) huge fame motivation, 4) huge motivation just based on the fact that people don't "like" to keep secrets.

Interesting article I found on the manhatten project, probably one of the biggest things kept secret by thousands of defence force and private contractors (apparently about 130,000?). Still, there were 1500 reported investigations in to leaks. That project ran for what, 4 years? Imagine how many leaks in 70 years of space industry...
https://io9.gizmodo.com/secrets-of-the-manhattan-project-were-leaked-a-staggeri-1626524763?IR=T

The HUGE advantage the manhatten project had, was that people were at war: who in their right mind would knowingly leak something to someone who might literally destroy them, their families, their way of life... If flat earth were revealed tomorrow, the only thing people would care about is "why the hell did you keep that a secret?" it doesn't change peoples lives one bit. If a bunch of people then believed in god because of that revelation: big whoop. The only way to keep a secret with NO motivation to keep, and A LOT of motivation to leak, is with a hell of a lot of money and a hell of a lot of violence. Ironically that activity would be the thing that gets peoples attention and unravels the leak.

Quote from: Round Eyes
Long range, high altitude, potentially solar powered airplanes [...] If the planes are travelling approx 15 miles about earth, that works out to around 2,200 mph, or Mach 3

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2018, 08:27:35 AM »

Sorry fam, post was split and moved, not deleted. I was initially just going to remove the video and give a warning, but it really was just an off-topic rant.

For everyone else, posts rarely get deleted. Things get split/moved a lot if they break rules, or merged if recent and similar topics exist. Usually only spam bots get deleted. Even absolute shitposts just get moved to the bottom fora, and warnings/bans issued as needed.
No disrespect but that doesn’t look like spam or an attack on someone and wasn't effectively off topic. I think the heated thread at the time was questioning how certain FE individuals could be so "dense" as to not understand certain aspects put forward in the thread discussion by a RE. Said post just pointed out that certain FE members were deliberately being "obtuse" and to not get too upset about it.  It also highlighted a video which was about an individual who may not be who he seemed. I have found the link on youtube and would be happy to post it here if anyone wants to see it.

Also one can see the offending? post below

EDIT - Removing quoted text from a removed post. -junker
« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 04:13:20 PM by junker »

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2018, 08:33:06 AM »
that doesn’t look like spam or an attack on someone and wasn't effectively off topic
We upkeep a particular standard of discussion here, and the moment you resort to discussing individuals rather than ideas, you're likely falling short of the upper fora standard. Deliberating whether or is stupid or simply pretends to be stupid has very little to do with Flat Earth Debate *or* "the ultimate proof that the Earth is round", and is thus off-topic. You're more than welcome to disagree (though please do so in the appropriate board as per the rules), but please understand that it's very unlikely to change. There are plenty of online fora out there, and if this particular flavour doesn't suit you, please look elsewhere.

No. Circumventing moderation by re-introducing a moved post to the upper fora is not a good idea. One can see the offending post in the appropriate board, where it is public and available for everyone to view.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 08:37:45 AM by Pete Svarrior »

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2018, 09:36:34 AM »
that doesn’t look like spam or an attack on someone and wasn't effectively off topic
We upkeep a particular standard of discussion here, and the moment you resort to discussing individuals rather than ideas, you're likely falling short of the upper fora standard. Deliberating whether or is stupid or simply pretends to be stupid has very little to do with Flat Earth Debate *or* "the ultimate proof that the Earth is round", and is thus off-topic. You're more than welcome to disagree (though please do so in the appropriate board as per the rules), but please understand that it's very unlikely to change. There are plenty of online fora out there, and if this particular flavour doesn't suit you, please look elsewhere.

No. Circumventing moderation by re-introducing a moved post to the upper fora is not a good idea. One can see the offending post in the appropriate board, where it is public and available for everyone to view.
I did try to copy the link but it didn’t work.
A discussion forum has to be about people. We all have what we believe, what we have said and what others have understood from it, if you take that away, nothing is left. One person may believe a post belongs under one discussion; one person may believe it belongs somewhere else.
Personally I think it both rude and unconscionable to wind up genuine people who do considerable research trying to explain the flaws in the flat earth argument by pretending to not understand or as the criticized post said, "building straw men". It is both obvious to me and obviously to the person who posted the info that you didn’t like, that certain individuals (you know who you are) are deliberately derailing discussions researched thoroughly by RE just for the fun of it.
This isn’t a rant, spam or, for that matter, off topic (note topic heading "Any one here "in" on the "Conspiracy"?)

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2018, 10:13:17 AM »
Junker already posted the link in this thread. You didn't need to do anything.

A discussion forum has to be about people. We all have what we believe, what we have said and what others have understood from it, if you take that away, nothing is left. One person may believe a post belongs under one discussion; one person may believe it belongs somewhere else.
As I said: If you do not like how things work here, go elsewhere. Nobody's forcing you to post here, but whilst you are our guest, we will ask you to follow our rules.

Personally I think it both rude and unconscionable to wind up genuine people who do considerable research trying to explain the flaws in the flat earth argument by pretending to not understand or as the criticized post said, "building straw men". It is both obvious to me and obviously to the person who posted the info that you didn’t like, that certain individuals (you know who you are) are deliberately derailing discussions researched thoroughly by RE just for the fun of it.
Well, nobody here is doing that. You're getting wound up because of an unsubstantiated allegation of a guy who's been here for just about a month and managed to make a whopping 50 posts in the time.

This isn’t a rant, spam or, for that matter, off topic (note topic heading "Any one here "in" on the "Conspiracy"?)
That's not for you to decide. It's the mods' job.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 10:14:49 AM by Pete Svarrior »

Offline stanlee

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2018, 10:18:24 AM »
while i was working for a national science institute, i was told 'if you do happen upon the flat earthers, S, give them the spiel about moon flips'. i said i would rather talk about southern hemisphere travel, but he said they hadn't set up the fake flight itineraries yet.  :o

8)

« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2018, 11:12:58 AM »
We get many people who loudly claim to be in on it. They're rarely taken with much seriousness, for reasons which should hopefully be obvious.

I'm not claiming to be in on the conspiracy.  I'm just saying that my past profession in the military would qualify in the FE community as being part of the conspiracy as I worked with things that actually went into "space".  I would think that I'm not the only one that has posted here with a profession that requires the earth to be round in order for certain things to work correctly.

Offline stanlee

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2018, 02:15:00 PM »
is that you, Q?
you used to fly the 'satellite' planes?
alright, buddy! (i think they're a bit thick around here  ::) )

« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2018, 03:19:44 PM »
Junker already posted the link in this thread. You didn't need to do anything.

As I said: If you do not like how things work here, go elsewhere. Nobody's forcing you to post here, but whilst you are our guest, we will ask you to follow our rules.
I havent broken any rules, well no more than you, just asked and answered questions.

You're getting wound up because of an unsubstantiated allegation of a guy who's been here for just about a month and managed to make a whopping 50 posts in the time.

I dont think youve been really following this...what guy are you talking about? I was talking about someone who has made a great many posts from what I can see over the years.

That's not for you to decide. It's the mods' job.
Look up Spam and Rant they are defined in the Oxford dictionary.....Im sure the moderator doesnt have a hand in writing the definitions,or is that another convention you flaunt? Do you have a FE version of the dictionary with "different" definitions.

Offline Ratboy

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2018, 03:35:35 PM »
The main thing about the conspiracy is that they cannot be very bright.  Or else like Trump they appear to be idiots to cover their super high intelligence.  My point I have made before is that if you were in charge of a conspiracy, why make yourself look so stupid?  The Challenger and Columbia disasters make you look bad and then the fake inquiries you pretend to take place find the main problems to be managerial not technical or human error.  Laika, according to the conspiracy, died in space but it was not publicized as such.  Couldn't you not write the script so that Laika lived?  Some billionaire can send a Tesla up in space for far less money than you can do it for.  If you are motivated by money why create a story that continuously makes you look bad and threatens your budget.  If I was in charge, I would write the story that the private sector was much more inefficient and therefore my huge budget is justified, not the other way around. If I wrote the story about Challenger, I would have had the astronauts die a quick death, not sitting in the capsule for minutes waiting to die on impact. Why write the story so that Roger Boisjoly is shunned by colleagues and quits and then the movie comes out and makes him look like a hero and the conspiracy a bunch of idiots and bad managers?
I also previously calculated a rough estimate that paying everyone in on the conspiracy would cost $1 trillion a year and that is just paying each person $50,000.  This would hardly be enough to keep me from selling the story for say $500k considering just having sex with the president gets someone $130k.