Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump
« Reply #5480 on: May 27, 2020, 09:59:23 PM »
Attempted diplomacy with NK.

I'll think of a second one at some point.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline crutonius

• Just a regular guy. No funny business here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5481 on: May 27, 2020, 10:02:00 PM »
I see his attempt at NK a positive one as well.  I believe his intentions were good but he just couldn't make it happen.

Online Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #5482 on: May 27, 2020, 11:27:03 PM »
Two questions:

Those of y'all who like Trump, can you name two things he's done that you disagree with?

Those of y'all who dislike Trump, can you name two things he's done that you agree with?

I'll give you three. It'll help make up for Dave's half-assed answer.

1) helped expose the inherent biases and hypocrisy in the mainstream media. Unfortunately he's done so by amplifying the issue to a gross caricature of itself, but in the end if outlets feel more accountable as a result, and/or readers end up viewing the news with more of a critical eye, that's a good thing.

2) exposed the cracks in a number of democratic institutions we take for granted. Thanks to Trump's pushing to get away with anything he possibly can, we know a great deal of what a wannabe autocrat can get away with, offering a blueprint for dealing with leaders who try to reach a little too far in the future.

3) pushed for legislation to limit the cost of prescription drugs.

btw, not sure if you were aware of it, but amusingly Trump was recently asked to name one good thing about Biden. He couldn't do it, and he couldn't shut up when asked to name something bad about him.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2020, 11:30:50 PM by Roundy »
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline timterroo

• domo arigato gozaimashita
    • View Profile
« Reply #5483 on: May 28, 2020, 02:54:48 AM »
Two questions:

Those of y'all who like Trump, can you name two things he's done that you disagree with?

Those of y'all who dislike Trump, can you name two things he's done that you agree with?

Wait a second... I misread the post....

So, I should answer in the affirmative...

1. He gave $$ to farmers after creating a trade war that hurt farmers

2. Increased the standard tax deduction - although I'm not sure how this will pan out after a few more years. This could be something I end up holding against him.
"noche te ipsum"

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough."  - Albert Einstein

totallackey

« Reply #5484 on: May 28, 2020, 09:53:14 AM »
This "cautions against," BS you have been spouting
Lol
has always been in place for people with HEART CONDITIONS and at risk for arrhythmia, regardless of the reason why they are taking hydroxychloroquine.

So glad you can agree it is not recommended for Trump to take it. Unless you think an obese 70 year old who takes amphetamines to cope with the most stressful job in the world isn’t at risk of a cardiac event?
Are you a doctor?

Another BS claim about amphetamines...

I thought you subscribed to the "we shouldn't believe anecdotal evidence," club mantra...

Have any evidence of your assertion concerning heart condition for Trump other than the last reported physical which the doctor had access to?

Just ridiculous blather over something that doesn't even concern you.

Rama Set

« Reply #5485 on: May 28, 2020, 09:58:18 AM »
Trump is none going to sign some petty executive order because Twitter turned its withering gaze on him. So petty.

totallackey

« Reply #5486 on: May 28, 2020, 10:04:33 AM »
No recommendations to take it only in hospital.

Hmmmmmm.....

https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-perspective/2020/05/studies-find-further-lack-covid-benefit-hydroxychloroquine

Earlier this week, the American College of Physicians posted guidelines recommending against using hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine, alone or in combination with azithromycin, in COVID-19 patients, unless it's within the context of a clinical trial and the decision to treat is made with patients and their families.

American College of Physicians - https://www.acpjournals.org/doi/10.7326/M20-1998

Do not use chloroquine or hydroxychloroquine alone or in combination with azithromycin as a treatment of patients with COVID-19 due to known harms and no available evidence of benefits in patients with COVID-19.

Not only are they recommending to only use in a clinical setting, they are also recommending to not use it PERIOD (to treat COVID).

Do I need to go on?
Yeah, you probably need to explain why a person, under the care of a physician, cannot come to their own conclusions about their own health.

totallackey

« Reply #5487 on: May 28, 2020, 10:06:55 AM »
According to one of Trump's recent tweets the media is pressing a "new narrative" that Trump was slow in responding to the coronavirus.

They've been saying that since Trump first started downplaying the threat of the virus months ago that resulted in the delayed response.

But somehow this is a "new narrative".

And the totallackeys of the world are just nodding their heads in dumb agreement, like with everything else he says.
Actually, I disagree with everything Trump did in response to the coronavirus, except the flight cancellations.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5488 on: May 28, 2020, 10:11:43 AM »
It doesn't take a doctor to see Trump is overwieght and over 70 and in a high stress job.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

totallackey

« Reply #5489 on: May 28, 2020, 10:54:55 AM »
It doesn't take a doctor to see Trump is overwieght and over 70 and in a high stress job.
No, it does take a doctor to decide, in conjunction with the patient, what actions to take regarding the health of the patient.

Do you want Trump (or anybody else, for that matter) to get involved with the decisions you and your doctor come to?

Rama Set

« Reply #5490 on: May 28, 2020, 11:01:48 AM »
No, it does take a doctor to decide, in conjunction with the patient, what actions to take regarding the health of the patient.

Do you want Trump (or anybody else, for that matter) to get involved with the decisions you and your doctor come to?

What does any of this have to do with it being a good idea?

totallackey

« Reply #5491 on: May 28, 2020, 11:05:49 AM »

What does any of this have to do with it being a good idea?
Any decision made by any patient and doctor regarding the patient's health is perceived as a good idea by both that patient and that doctor.

I also happen to think it is a good idea, but my thoughts don't count to that patient and to that doctor.

But you?

You think other people's medical concerns are your concerns...

Which is just plain silly...and par for the course.

That's your MO.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 11:07:40 AM by totallackey »

Rama Set

« Reply #5492 on: May 28, 2020, 11:18:21 AM »
Who cares if they think it’s a good idea? Trump thinks being obese is apparently ok too. His decision making on his personal health is obviously lacking. But I support his right to do what he wants and I acknowledge that his treatment regime is probably tailored to his specific needs.

What I don’t support is when someone uses their influence to peddle potentially dangerous treatments. Again, hydroxychloroquine is associated with an increase in mortality in COVID cases, not a decrease. It’s not “god’s gift”, in the slightest.

totallackey

« Reply #5493 on: May 28, 2020, 11:35:11 AM »
Who cares if they think it’s a good idea? Trump thinks being obese is apparently ok too. His decision making on his personal health is obviously lacking. But I support his right to do what he wants and I acknowledge that his treatment regime is probably tailored to his specific needs.
The patient and the doctor care.

You know, the only two that really count.

Obesity depends on somatotype.

So you even labeling Trump as obese is again silly and par for the course.
What I don’t support is when someone uses their influence to peddle potentially dangerous treatments. Again, hydroxychloroquine is associated with an increase in mortality in COVID cases, not a decrease. It’s not “god’s gift”, in the slightest.
Remember the words, "anecdotal evidence," you were so fond of just a few weeks ago when decrying the use of the drug...

Still nothing more than that when you claim "increase," in mortality.

The Lancet didn't even do a formal study.

So take that unscientific BS back to to farm.

Lousy work on your part chief.

The drug has been in use for over 50 years and has the same potential side effects, regardless of the reason why it is taken.

I notice you want everyone to ignore that portion of the facts concerning the use of hydroxychloroquine while you express your faux outrage.

So, you disagree with pharmaceutical companies being able to advertise their products on TV, radio, the internet, etc...?
« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 11:42:44 AM by totallackey »

Rama Set

« Reply #5494 on: May 28, 2020, 11:45:57 AM »
The patient and the doctor care.

You know, the only two that really count.

Obesity depends on somatotype.

So you even labeling Trump as obese is again silly and par for the course.

Labeling an obese guy as obese is only silly in your land of apologetics.

Remember the words, "anecdotal evidence," you were so fond of just a few weeks ago when decrying the use of the drug...

The drug has been in use for over 50 years and has the same potential side effects, regardless of the reason why it is taken.

There is no evidence of benefit and some evidence that hydroxychloroquine is harmful in cases of COVID. An increase of adverse cardiac events is associated with the drug and that’s not good when you have a respiratory infection.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5495 on: May 28, 2020, 11:48:30 AM »

.... Do you not live in America?  Having people involved with medical decisions between you and your doctor is how the American healthcare system works.  Politicians and insurance companies dictate your medical care.

totallackey

« Reply #5496 on: May 28, 2020, 12:00:49 PM »
Labeling an obese guy as obese is only silly in your land of apologetics.
It is silly in your land of of not understanding somatotype, which is something you want to avoid, as it would only cement your ignorant commentary.

There is no some evidence of benefit and some evidence that hydroxychloroquine is harmful in cases of COVID. An increase of adverse cardiac events is associated with the drug and that’s not good when you have a respiratory infection.
FTFY.

A potential increase in cardiac events regardless of any drug is taken is a risk that needs to be considered
by everyone, regarding a wide range of pharmaceuticals.

And EVEN MORE IMPORTANTLY, when reading your nonsense.

You really need to consider that from now on prior to formulating your posts.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 12:46:31 PM by totallackey »

totallackey

« Reply #5497 on: May 28, 2020, 12:01:53 PM »

.... Do you not live in America?  Having people involved with medical decisions between you and your doctor is how the American healthcare system works.  Politicians and insurance companies dictate your medical care.
Thanks to people like you who thought that somehow that would be a good idea and supported the Clintons and Obamas?

And do you think Trump's care is dictated by an insurance company or a politician, other than Trump?
« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 12:09:43 PM by totallackey »

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5498 on: May 28, 2020, 12:49:10 PM »

Thanks to people like you who thought that somehow that would be a good idea and supported the Clintons and Obamas?

And do you think Trump's care is dictated by an insurance company or a politician, other than Trump?

??
When did Clinton or Obama want private, for profit insurance companies dictating care based on cost and profit?

As for politicians: FDA, abortion regulations, medical malpractice laws, etc...

Also, no, I am sure Trump's care is dictated by Trump, and Trump alone.

totallackey

« Reply #5499 on: May 28, 2020, 01:07:29 PM »

??
When did Clinton or Obama want private, for profit insurance companies dictating care based on cost and profit?
Clintons - When they overhauled the insurance industry participation in Medicare...which is government determining the amount of money they would pay doctors and the amount of money you would need to pay for the supplemental insurance to cover the things that Medicare doesn't cover.

Obamas - further fucking things up...
As for politicians: FDA, abortion regulations, medical malpractice laws, etc...
Much of the policies/procedures for operation written under the leadership of the two shitbags previously listed.
Also, no, I am sure Trump's care is dictated by Trump, and Trump alone.
Yeah, I got no problem with that.

I've told a doctor or two  to fuck off here and there...