Questions about the "infinite plane"
« on: July 30, 2019, 09:04:18 PM »
Please correct me if I am wrong, the word infinite means "limitless or endless". If that is true, how can the flat earth be an infinite plane? Given that UA is accelerating the flat earth plane upward at a constant 9.8 m/s, what force could possibly be moving an infinite plane at a constant 1G?

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Questions about the "infinite plane"
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2019, 09:21:26 PM »
Please correct me if I am wrong, the word infinite means "limitless or endless". If that is true, how can the flat earth be an infinite plane? Given that UA is accelerating the flat earth plane upward at a constant 9.8 m/s, what force could possibly be moving an infinite plane at a constant 1G?

UA and infinite plane are separate FE models.

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2019, 09:29:10 PM »
What is the equivalent to gravity in the infinite plane model?

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2019, 09:46:34 PM »

I don't know the infinite plane model all that well, but can direct you to where you can find more information. The gist is that some people well-versed in maths worked out that gravity can work on an infinite plane just as it does in RE. The alternate theory is more philosophical in that "things fall down."

Offline iamcpc

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2019, 10:44:09 PM »

Generally the infinite plane models that i've read about are more spiritual or philosophical. If you're interested i might be able to link you to one or two that I read about on this forum.